Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

insurance

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
tug

insurance

Post by tug » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:20 am

My zeds insurance needs renewal at the end of the month. Earlier on last month my bank (halifax) offered me a great price of £169 90. So i kept that in mind for when my current insurer (hastings Direct) sends me the renewal notice. For the past 3 years Hastings have come out the cheapest of any quotes from comparison sites so have kept with them.

So, got my renewal email yesterday of £210 20 (was £192 98 last year :roll: ) and on comp sites the exact same policy from Hastings was up for £175 40 :o (slimy ba5tards :lol: )

I gave them a ring, and after 1/2 an hour of waiting an operative answered the phone :roll: After explaining everything to her (expecting them to match the Halifax quote) she went through my policy again to see what she could do.

After putting me on hold (to speak to her manager :lol: ) She came back and said "the new price is now £258.60" WTF!! :rofl:

So, needless to say, i am now with the Halifax :lol:

Cheers, tug :thumbsup:
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

buzyg
Legend
Legend

insurance

Post by buzyg » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:08 am

Your quote went up :? Must be your patter on the phone Tug. :lol:

Never knew the Halifax did car insurance. :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

insurance

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm

I almost never renew with the same company for this very reason.

I remember getting my renewal through one year (of course it increased as they always do) and I went online to check the options, cheapest quote was from my current insurer at something like £130 less than my renewal so I called them, but didnt mention the quote just that I had checked a comparison website and that they werent competitive. So the guy apologies and says he will sort it out and get me a new quote, so he goes through the whole rigmarole and eventually comes back with something that was only about £30 less than my renewal (still £100 more than their own quote from online) and he tells me that this is a whole new quote and that there is no way they could get close to the cheapest quote I claim to have. At that point he asked me who the quote was from and when I told him it was them the silence was deafening, he um'd and er'd a bit and tried to feed me some bull about the quote being tied to the renewal which was now about a month old and that having moved from one month to another the risk assessment would have changed which explains the difference. I pointed out that only a few moments before he had completed a "New quote" for me while we spoke and that as such any "updated risk assessment" would surely be part of that new quote that he had just given me. Needless to say the guy was stumped and just apologised. I cancelled my policy then took a new policy via the comparison quote.

TL/DR - insurance companies spike their prices in the hope that you dont pay attention, ALWAYS do a quick check online and save £???s
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings