Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone following the Chauvin trial?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:57 am

It’s live streaming on Fox and other venues.

Here is a link to a self defense lawyer’s blog where he goes into a detailed analysis and also has embedded videos of the previous day’s events. (Yes I know it is not a self defense case, he just happens to be a self defense lawyer).

https://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/

I’m finding it quite interesting. The outcome should be interesting as well...as will people’s reactions after the verdict!

People who only listen to what the MSM feeds them will most likely have a different opinion than those who watch the actual trial with an open mind. I care to be included in the latter group and I do not have any predetermined opinion, I’m open to hearing both sides and forming an opinion then.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:02 pm

I think, at the end of it all the defendant will find that Spock's quote from the first Star Trek film will become true:
"The knees of the many outweigh the knees of the few".
(Ok, I may have misheard a little :D)
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

AnilS

Post by AnilS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:10 pm

I'm following this on and off.

The prosecution are chasing a murder verdict, which I don't think they'll get. IMHO, if they chased a manslaughter verdict, they'd probably get it.

If the cop walks, I'm predicting civil unrest and further loss of life.

Some of the video footage recorded on CCTV and mobile phones, is very disturbing, especially when they place George Floyd on the stretcher, knowing he's dead.

So sad.
E86 Si Auto Coupe in Ruby Black.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:25 pm

Sad outcome for all really. The guy was violent with a very dubious history. Anyone that can put a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman to rob her can't be a good person but he didn't deserve to die like that from whatever the cause may actually be. Feel sorry in some ways for the cop also. He knows whatever happens he will be found guilty and likely to be killed in prison.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 pm

Fk him.
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
Chauvin is being made a scapegoat for 1000 other sh!thead miscreants who deserved to cop it.
Watch:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKqwZs_Bv0[/youtube]

Having been 'steamed' on the LU by a 'friendly coloured Christian gentleman' years ago I'll never trust a black man again.
'Hello, can I ask you if I may talk to you about Jesus sir?' ....sits next to me, carriage empties after stopping at Seven Kings, pulls a knife, says 'give me yo fokin monay or u get spiked init'.

Fk you if you think that's an unjustifiably racist opinion. After that incident, plus others it's easy to generalise.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 pm

Chris_D wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 pm Fk him.
Chauvin is being made a scapegoat for 1000 other sh!thead miscreants who deserved to cop it.
Watch:

Having been 'steamed' on the LU by a 'friendly coloured Christian gentleman' years ago I'll never trust a black man again.
'Hello, can I ask you if I may talk to you about Jesus sir?' ....sits next to me, carriage empties after stopping at Seven Kings, pulls a knife, says 'give me yo fokin monay or u get spiked init'.

Fk you if you think that's an unjustifiably racist opinion. After that incident, plus others it's easy to generalise.
If you’d been ‘steamed’ by a white person would you be forming the same generalised opinion of white people?

Seeing as I don’t believe in ‘justifiable racism’ I guess that’s a big ‘Fk you’ to me then :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:45 pm

Darkangelv2 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 pm
Watch:

If you’d been ‘steamed’ by a white person would you be forming the same generalised opinion of white people?

Seeing as I don’t believe in ‘justifiable racism’ I guess that’s a big ‘Fk you’ to me then :thumbsup:
'Steaming' is a black thing.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:02 pm I think, at the end of it all the defendant will find that Spock's quote from the first Star Trek film will become true:
"The knees of the many outweigh the knees of the few".
(Ok, I may have misheard a little :D)
:rofl: :rofl:

Been following on and off mostly catching up on the key points but having watched the in full body cam footage as well as doing my own reading of the evidence Im sure that Chauvin will walk, I dont think this was in any way racism or police brutality, cop was doing as he was trained to do, which is where I think the problem truly lies, the US police training is far from ideal and appears to leave them unequipped.

Floyd had taken a shittonne of drugs, was in poor health and was suffering COVID, he was claiming to be struggling to breathe basically from the very beginning which "boy who cried wolf" the whole situation. He also resisted, refused to sit in the car, appears to have tried to swallow more drugs and was fighting with the cops when put in their vehicle.

The crowd also bear some of the responsibility by becoming so combative, aggressive and threatening they diverted the attention of the officers.

The autopsy showed the very high levels of drugs in his system and his "lady friend" has now confirmed that he had OD'ed on these same drugs some weeks earlier with similar complaints (sore stomach, cant breathe).

The whole situation was a disaster and Chauvin has been thrown into the pit of public opinion as a sacrifice.

Chris_D wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 pm ...
What a very fearful and fragile person you must be to tar an entire skin colour based on the actions of a few undesirables, who could easily have been any colour. Like it or not, what you believe is racist. :thumbsdown:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Colin_E

Post by Colin_E » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Watch:

Actually it's always "EASY" to generalise. That's one of the pillars that racism is built upon. It isn't really much of a credit to your intelligence though is it?

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm The whole situation was a disaster and Chauvin has been thrown into the pit of public opinion as a sacrifice.
+1.
I find myself agreeing with you more and more, which in itself disturbs me. :P
If the trial had been six months ago (under Trump), he may have walked. Sleepy Joe has a different agenda; don't think he stands a chance and has probably already been advised of this. Justice being served here is so much more than whether he deliberately killed the guy IMO. :(
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:54 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm The whole situation was a disaster and Chauvin has been thrown into the pit of public opinion as a sacrifice.
+1.
I find myself agreeing with you more and more, which in itself disturbs me. :P
If the trial had been six months ago (under Trump), he may have walked. Sleepy Joe has a different agenda; don't think he stands a chance and has probably already been advised of this. Justice being served here is so much more than whether he deliberately killed the guy IMO. :(

They have backed themselves into a corner (the city) because they approved that outrageous payout, the mob is hungry for blood and tbh I see riots either way this comes out but if they dont convict there will be riots for days... again.

Also if he is found guilty there 100% will be never ending appeals calls of a mistrial because of the basically impossible task of finding a non bias jury, speaking of which there is a concerted effort to find out who these people are by the likes of antifa and BLM, I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with making sure the "correct" outcome is achieved. :headbang:

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 pm

Thought this was a car forum after the covid thread I believe some people just like stirring the pot
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 pm

jabber wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 pm Thought this was a car forum after the covid thread I believe some people just like stirring the pot
It is, but this section of the forum isnt necessarily also, if youre not interested... dont read it :thumbsup:
z4-forum wrote:The lounge

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 am

I have been able to listen to much of the trial so far while working from home. Today I had a vacation day and did not listen... I changed the transmission and differential lube in the Z !

Anyway I did check out the lawyer’s comments in the link I included in my first post (he does a daily analysis in his blog from the linked site). One thing he mentioned about today’s MSM coverage (at least the one he watched) is that they are only quoting the prosecution’s direct examination and not the defense cross examination. Thus if someone only hears what the MSM is covering, then they are only hearing the State’s side of the story.

When the prosecution has rested and the defense has the direct examination...will the MSM do likewise and not cover the prosecution’s cross examination. If that turns out to NOT be the case then there will be no disputing that the MSM has an agenda here...time will tell.

Of course as with any jury trial, the jury is the unknown. A jury trial is always a crapshoot.

If nothing else I am surely finding it interesting!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:54 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 pm
jabber wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 pm Thought this was a car forum after the covid thread I believe some people just like stirring the pot
It is, but this section of the forum isnt necessarily also, if youre not interested... dont read it :thumbsup:
z4-forum wrote:The lounge
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981