Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone following the Chauvin trial?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:33 pm Notice the trial didn't happen until Joe got into the whitehouse.
Tbf there was A LOT of evidence to compile and get through I dont think it was done like that on purpose tbh
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:14 am

I listened to a lot of the testimony while I was working, I think he got far more than he deserved.

What with the physical problems and drugs Floyd had in his body at the time, were I on the jury I surely would have had a reasonable doubt as to what exactly was the cause of Floyd’s death.

I did read an article where one of the jurors gave an interview and expressed fear for her and her family if they came up with the “wrong “ verdict. That’s just wrong and tells a lot about the American citizens... and none of it is any good.

Maxine Waters...simply an idiot of the first degree and that goes double for the fools who continue to vote for her !

You couldn’t pay me enough to be a policeman, I give them all the credit in the world for continuing with a thankless job.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:14 am I listened to a lot of the testimony while I was working, I think he got far more than he deserved.

What with the physical problems and drugs Floyd had in his body at the time, were I on the jury I surely would have had a reasonable doubt as to what exactly was the cause of Floyd’s death.

I did read an article where one of the jurors gave an interview and expressed fear for her and her family if they came up with the “wrong “ verdict. That’s just wrong and tells a lot about the American citizens... and none of it is any good.

Maxine Waters...simply an idiot of the first degree and that goes double for the fools who continue to vote for her !

You couldn’t pay me enough to be a policeman, I give them all the credit in the world for continuing with a thankless job.
I would broadly agree, I very much believe that the speed of the decision speaks to the... predetermination that the jury seems to have had, add to that the undeniable threat that would come with the "wrong" verdict and the whole thing is called into question imo.

I don't believe that Chauvin is a racist nor that he was planning to kill GF but I do call into question the actions that he took (mostly in terms of the length of time they were on the ground BUT from testimony from witnesses they would have been expecting EMS within about 3 or 4 mins not almost 10) the only somewhat reasonable charge was manslaughter imo but having listened to most of the trial and evidence I don't think the test of "beyond reasonable doubt" was reached. This will end up in appeal and... well... :fuelfire:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings