Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The jab ..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Will you take the COVID jab

Of course
79%
Hell no
9%
Undecided
5%
After results of first round are known
7%

Total votes: 203

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:29 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:19 pm
ronk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:17 pm You’ve made the leap?
No no, I am far too poor for that :rofl: :rofl:
My friend has one and its a beast of a thing (to clarify this is the "old" one not the new buck teeth pig faced.. thing) :rofl:
Try being a Merc salesman trying to sell the new C63 next year.

Couple of 100kg extra, 2ltr turbo and an electronic motor...

:driving: :rofl:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:31 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:19 pm No no, I am far too poor for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFOoay29ybc

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:32 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:29 pmC63
    OMG wtf!!! I had no idea :sick2: :sick2:
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... d-four-pot

I mean at least it wont look awful but it will perform BADLY
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:33 pm

10/10 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

The jab ..

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:19 pm
    ronk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:17 pm You’ve made the leap?
    No no, I am far too poor for that :rofl: :rofl:
    My friend has one and its a beast of a thing (to clarify this is the "old" one not the new buck teeth pig faced.. thing) :rofl:
    Have they changed it already?
    Or are you misreading as M140i ?
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:38 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:36 pm Have they changed it already?
    Or are you misreading as 140i ?
    Wait wait wait.... I misread :rofl: :rofl:

I thought Ron was talking about an M4 :slaphead:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:38 pm
    enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:36 pm Have they changed it already?
    Or are you misreading as 140i ?
    Wait wait wait.... I misread :rofl: :rofl:

I thought Ron was talking about an M4 :slaphead:
    Try paying attention and using both hands for the keyboard and not your usual :poke:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:42 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:41 pm Try paying attention and using both hands for the keyboard and not your usual :poke:
      .... one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard? :rofl:

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:45 pm

Also poor or not I wouldnt be paying for the G29 :rofl:

There is the potential for a refresh of the Supra though with a more full fat GR version coming :driving:

ronk
      Lifer
      Lifer

The jab ..

Post by ronk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 pm

No tin top for me - I need sunlight on my baldy patch!
      M40i if I do change :thumbsup:
      You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
      So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
      Lifer
      Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nanu » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:02 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:38 pm
      ronk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:37 pm So you are saying any country can use the Bank of England £ as their currency?
      Yes, its an internationally traded currency, the only way to prevent it would be to unfloat the currency and that would ruin the UK economy instantaneously
      Flyingfifer is right that any country can use another's currency without permission, there are drawbacks though. Without a currency Union agreement between said countries which Bank of England, Conservatives, Labour and even Lib Dems have ruled out, then said country would have no input on monetary policy, such as setting interest rates. Not having control over your own interest rates and monetary policy some would argue is not really Independence. How could a country set spending budgets not knowing what the value of their currency would be the following month. So yes possible but selling that type of "Independence" to the Scottish people? Not sure but I wish them well and hope they do sort it amicably.
      G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
      E89 35is Valencia Orange
      E89 28i Crimson
      E89 25i White

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:02 pm Flyingfifer is right that any country can use another's currency without permission, there are drawbacks though. Without a currency Union agreement between said countries which Bank of England, Conservatives, Labour and even Lib Dems have ruled out, then said country would have no input on monetary policy, such as setting interest rates. Not having control over your own interest rates and monetary policy some would argue is not really Independence. How could a country set spending budgets not knowing what the value of their currency would be the following month. So yes possible but selling that type of "Independence" to the Scottish people? Not sure but I wish them well and hope they do sort it amicably.
      Interest rates are set by the MPC (Monetary Policy Committee) which is controlled independently from the government (this was done in 1997) and while the government theoretically has some influence (they choose the members of the committee) ultimately the bank acts independently and will pursue a policy of stability meaning that nothing ultimately changes in the short to mid to mid long term.

Thus the whole argument that you are posing doesnt hold water.

ronk
      Lifer
      Lifer

The jab ..

Post by ronk » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:27 am

The Scotsman’s opinion of the Tartan £ Note:-
      https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... 434095?amp
      You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
      So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Perjorative

The jab ..

Post by Perjorative » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 pm
      Nanu wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:02 pm Flyingfifer is right that any country can use another's currency without permission, there are drawbacks though. Without a currency Union agreement between said countries which Bank of England, Conservatives, Labour and even Lib Dems have ruled out, then said country would have no input on monetary policy, such as setting interest rates. Not having control over your own interest rates and monetary policy some would argue is not really Independence. How could a country set spending budgets not knowing what the value of their currency would be the following month. So yes possible but selling that type of "Independence" to the Scottish people? Not sure but I wish them well and hope they do sort it amicably.
      Interest rates are set by the MPC (Monetary Policy Committee) which is controlled independently from the government (this was done in 1997) and while the government theoretically has some influence (they choose the members of the committee) ultimately the bank acts independently and will pursue a policy of stability meaning that nothing ultimately changes in the short to mid to mid long term.

Thus the whole argument that you are posing doesnt hold water.
      Sorry, that's disingenuous at the very least. The MPC may set policy but does so to meet guidelines set by the Chancellor and these guidelines can change as required by the government of the day. At the moment they are asked, among other things, to keep inflation in a band around 2%, but that could change next year.

From the BoE Monetary Policy Committee information 'Every year, the Chancellor sets out a framework under which we have to set monetary policy. They send this to our Governor in a remit letter.'

If the Government decides to change the targets for the MPC, they can, and will, do so without regard for the circumstances of any other country that may be using Sterling.

Scotland using the £ would be a hostage to circumstances
      - No control over money supply to help manage economy
      - No lender of last resort
      - Scottish banks would have no access to BoE liquidity facilities (potential for bank runs)
      - The Scottish Government could not afford to guarantee bank customer deposits in the event of bank failures (would need 10's of £Billion available)
      - Monetary policy set in London by BoE without worrying how it affects Scotland’s economy
      - Scots fiscal policy would have to be set to appease the money markets as they'd have to borrow sterling to cover budgetary deficits

Scotland would be better off biting the bullet and creating its own currency which would then find its own level in the global exchange rate matrix (pegging to Sterling is an option but can cause more problems than it resolves), but they keep shying away from that avenue because they know it will alienate an awful lot of potential 'Yes' voters if a second referendum is held.

Regardless of the problems involved in Sterlingisation, the real elephant in the room is that the SNP has no real plan as to how Scotland will finance it's brave new world. Currently the SNP's policy is to use the report from The Sustainable Growth Commission setup by Ms Sturgeon, and chaired by an ex-SNP MSP, as its guide - but trying to create the budgetary surplus envisaged by the report will result in austerity worse than the post-2008 era, there will either have to be large tax rises, severe cuts to public services/spending or a combination of both.

They need a new plan but don't seem to be able to come up with one - possibly because keeping all the 'promises' they've made is just fiscally impossible without a lot of hardship for the people of Scotland.

BeeEmm

The jab ..

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:15 am

Perjorative wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 am They need a new plan but don't seem to be able to come up with one - possibly because keeping all the 'promises' they've made is just fiscally impossible without a lot of hardship for the people of Scotland.
      The 'people of Scotland' are important to Scotland, of that there is no doubt, but it is the 'Scottish people' that matter more in a move to an independent Scotland.
      I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?