Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The jab ..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Will you take the COVID jab

Of course
79%
Hell no
9%
Undecided
5%
After results of first round are known
7%

Total votes: 203

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 pm

pvr wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 pm The last Scottish £20 note I had would only be exchanged for a £10 English note, so had to hand it in a bank in the end as no-one accepted it. Never again :lol:
Thats good business for whoever offered you that as they would have gotten the full amount for it.
I wonder what will happen when we stop accepting english notes :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Zforbes

The jab ..

Post by Zforbes » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Got the call yesterday for 2nd jab, first was 18th March, 2nd is 5 weeks later to the day on 21st April. :D
E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:04 am

The one dose J and J jab seems to be going down not so well.

2 sites closed down in two days.

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... n-shots%2F

exdos

The jab ..

Post by exdos » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:04 am The one dose J and J jab seems to be going down not so well.

The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is based on a more conventional vaccine formulation of a modified chimpanzee adenoviral vector which is different to the mRNA vaccines: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6067905/ etc.

Since this method of vaccination has been used for some time, from your trawling of the data, have you discovered the alleged side effect of unusual blood clots with low blood platelets, as attributed to vaccination with the Oxford/AZ vaccine, with any other adenoviral vector vaccines used against other viral diseases?

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:51 am

exdos wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am
mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:04 am The one dose J and J jab seems to be going down not so well.

The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is based on a more conventional vaccine formulation of a modified chimpanzee adenoviral vector which is different to the mRNA vaccines: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6067905/ etc.

Since this method of vaccination has been used for some time, from your trawling of the data, have you discovered the alleged side effect of unusual blood clots with low blood platelets, as attributed to vaccination with the Oxford/AZ vaccine, with any other adenoviral vector vaccines used against other viral diseases?
No I haven't- sorry, I will look into it :thumbsup: :rofl:

exdos

The jab ..

Post by exdos » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 am

Here's a link to a very interesting paper entitled: "A Prothrombotic Thrombocytopenic Disorder Resembling Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Following Coronavirus-19 Vaccination" relating to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine - https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v2
It states: "The study has been funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)" and in the section "Conflicts of Interest" it states: "Dr. Eichinger reports personal fees from Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Daichii Sankyo, and PFIZER, all of which are outside of the submitted work."

As yet, I can find no comparable research on the Pfizer vaccine. This looks very suspicious to me.

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am

exdos wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 am Here's a link to a very interesting paper entitled: "A Prothrombotic Thrombocytopenic Disorder Resembling Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Following Coronavirus-19 Vaccination" relating to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine - https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v2
It states: "The study has been funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation)" and in the section "Conflicts of Interest" it states: "Dr. Eichinger reports personal fees from Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Daichii Sankyo, and PFIZER, all of which are outside of the submitted work."

As yet, I can find no comparable research on the Pfizer vaccine. This looks very suspicious to me.
It's all way above my head buddy.

I am just a numbers man from a business background.

I get the impression that we know very little currently about the side effects of all of them (we shall see them soon with mass adaption in the west). I do read reports that as little as 1% of symptoms are getting reported also. I look at the published side effects for the vaccines from the drug companies themselves but appreciate (like with covid cases) that there could be many other factors in illnesses after a vaccine.

I also get the feeling that someone knocking them out at cost price (AZ) is very bad for the shareholders/profits at all the others.

I would certainly have a strategy if I was one of their competitors and it would include smearing the AZ name.

It makes sense at this point (where in my opinion) all the people that need the vaccine have had at least one jab. To ramp up the fear on the free vaccine as the real money is in vaccinating the millions of people that are under 60 (much higher numbers than the over 60's). You get your jabs in these arms and it's 100's of billions of pounds worth of profit. Especially when you can push it towards a flu jab "top up scheme" for the forthcoming years.

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:05 am

Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 pm Ive never understood why Scottish notes are not accepted by a lot of places in england, they are after all Sterling just the same as english notes.
They dont see as many scottish notes as we see english ones I suppose :idunno:

A nice way I found to solve the problem is to open what ever you're buying, offer the money if they refuse you can walk
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:40 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:05 am
Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 pm Ive never understood why Scottish notes are not accepted by a lot of places in england, they are after all Sterling just the same as english notes.

A nice way I found to solve the problem is to open what ever you're buying, offer the money if they refuse you can walk
I think they are easier to fake from what I was told.

Maybe it's different now.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by ronk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:50 am

I’m using less and less real money these days- I tend to use a card most of the time - it’s only the window cleaner or gardener who gets cash type money from me.

I’m quite happy with Scottish notes where I live for now but if Nicola gets her wish and independence is the order of the day then it will be a foreign currency ( or perhaps € )
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am I am just a numbers man from a business background.
This is me as well, as someone that works with massive complex data sets (including NHS health data) I can get to grips with the stats and understand them without having to understand the science of their genesis.
mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am I get the impression that we know very little currently about the side effects of all of them (we shall see them soon with mass adaption in the west). I do read reports that as little as 1% of symptoms are getting reported also. I look at the published side effects for the vaccines from the drug companies themselves but appreciate (like with covid cases) that there could be many other factors in illnesses after a vaccine.
This is my concern, because of the speed at which these were fired out the door, they simply have not been subject to the normal level of extreme testing that others have. The sudden realisation of things like clotting is a perfect example of that.

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am It makes sense at this point (where in my opinion) all the people that need the vaccine have had at least one jab. To ramp up the fear on the free vaccine as the real money is in vaccinating the millions of people that are under 60 (much higher numbers than the over 60's). You get your jabs in these arms and it's 100's of billions of pounds worth of profit. Especially when you can push it towards a flu jab "top up scheme" for the forthcoming years.
This is the issue with having so much money in "big pharma" their primary pursuit is profit, secondary is growth, patients come after that and as the Goldman Sachs paper stated they should pursue disease management rather than outright cures because the former is permeant profit and the former is a dwindling resource

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:05 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:50 am if Nicola gets her wish and independence is the order of the day then it will be a foreign currency ( or perhaps € )
Dont even get me started on how wrong this statement is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by ronk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Explain why !

I thought her plan was to throw her cap in the ring with Europe and the € currency?
Last edited by ronk on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:40 am
Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:05 am

I think they are easier to fake from what I was told.

Maybe it's different now.
I think it was more to do with a majority of non Scottish based people not being used to seeing them they weren’t as easily able to detect if they were fakes or not so the general stance was to refuse to take them.

I’ve regularly done what Flyingfifer, said and given them it as the only option of paying, “sorry only cash I’ve got and I don’t carry cards” they’ll take them quick enough then :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:23 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:12 pm Explain why !

I thought her plan was to throw her cap in the ring with Europe?
    Anyone can use the £, botswana or brazil can use the £ if they want. In terms of the € there is no mechanism to force a country to adopt it and in reality the policy is written in such a way that a country should only adopt the currency once they are ready to do so. So this argument around "you will be forced to take the € if you rejoin the EU" is fearmongering based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the actual regs.