Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The jab ..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Will you take the COVID jab

Of course
79%
Hell no
9%
Undecided
5%
After results of first round are known
7%

Total votes: 203

pvr
Legend
Legend

The jab ..

Post by pvr » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 am

With the COVID jab being rolled out, and with probably a lot of pressure to take it (think travel restrictions if you don't have some sort of certificate or so), what is the view on the pickup of this one.

Just curious as there seem to be some very strong opinions about it.
Last edited by pvr on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:43 am

I think you need another choice in there.
I wouldnt want to be trying out the first round but understand that everybody will be pressured into getting it one way or the other.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

pvr
Legend
Legend

The jab ..

Post by pvr » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:45 am

Ok - have added the "wait and see" option as well :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 am

I'm liking the idea that all the oldies are getting it first so we can see what happens to them before we decide. :wink:

In all seriousness though, I'd have it. Had some crap in my life and decided live for the day. Love my Caribbean holidays and if I need a jab to go then sod it.

Back in 1990 I was lined up in a hangar with about 200 others and we walked between two trestle tables with both sleeves rolled up. I think it was either 6 or 7 jabs we got, all in one go. Most of us were ill for a week afterwards and many of us have had some odd issues ever since. Still not entirely sure what we were filled up with?
Got through that ok (in fact the extra fingers come in handy :D )

So yeah, I'll give it a go.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by mmm-five » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:21 am

I'm in one of the low-level 'vulnerable' groups (fat-man diabetes), so will probably be offered it...already had my seasonal flu jab this year.

I will probably be offered whatever version is available, and don't think I can choose to wait for our own company's version (may be some months away).

It may even be mandatory within some companies if staff want to return to the office...our's is currently running at about 10% capacity, and that's mostly facilities/security staff.

As others have said, I'm not worried about catching it, and don't think I've ever had anything worse than a slight cold...but if it means I can visit family & friends without risking their health - some of whom have been in quarantine/lockdown since March - then I'm up for it.

I don't care what the wibble-wibble, freeman of the land, flat-earther, moon-landing conspiracists think - but I'll be happy if they refuse the vaccine and also refuse treatment if they get ill :wkr:
Last edited by mmm-five on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

brillomaster

The jab ..

Post by brillomaster » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 am

if it means i can go on holidays then yes, i'd have the jab. however, as a perfectly healthy 33 year old, there will be many, many people in line before me to get it.

and to clarify, i wouldnt be getting it because i'm particularly worried about catching COVID-19 myself, its purely so i can go on holidays again. i dont get the flu jab.

obewan

The jab ..

Post by obewan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Interesting that people choose 'after the first round' when thousands have already had it and some months ago :?
Each to their own. I saw a nurse on TV this morning asking if it was compulsory for NHS staff to have it.
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:15 pm

brillomaster wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 am
and to clarify, i wouldnt be getting it because i'm particularly worried about catching COVID-19 myself, its purely so i can go on holidays again. i dont get the flu jab.
There's also the case that, if a large percentage of the younger population decide they don't want/need it, then they could still be running around infecting others, plus we'll struggle to get to that 'herd immunity' point.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by jabber » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:22 pm

I will definitely have it already get flu jab as in some at risk category and I want to be able to actually enjoy my retirement
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

brillomaster

The jab ..

Post by brillomaster » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 pm

i think the jab should be like trackday insurance... YOU get it if YOU want to be protected. I'm not that fussed about getting it as i'm not that worried about being protected from it - but i'd encourage my parents to get it so they are protected - not just from me when i go visit them, but from anyone else they might come into contact with.

exactly the same as the flu jab each winter.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by TitanTim » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Can't wait to get it and move on from this ASAP :thumbsup:

Tim.

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm

As a healthy 36 year old I see no point in getting one myself. I have way less chance of death that the 99.97(or what ever number it is) suggests because that number includes all you 70 and 80 year old Z4 owners :poke: and smokers, people who like to eat a lot and people with health conditions. So my chances are slim to none.

I don't have a flu vaccination so why would I have this. I bet I have more chance (statistically) of death from driving an e86 20k miles than I have of some virus that stole its name off a crap beer.

But if you could all have one and we can get back to normal soon I would much appreciate it.

Mike

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:15 pm
There's also the case that, if a large percentage of the younger population decide they don't want/need it, then they could still be running around infecting others, plus we'll struggle to get to that 'herd immunity' point.
No evidence out there to suggest that even if you had the jab that you couldn't still be out there running around infecting others.

No one knows I am afraid. It's all to new for anyone to define this.

IRD

The jab ..

Post by IRD » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:42 pm

At 76 with underlying health issues I won’t hesitate. The sooner the better. :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:45 pm

mgrlane wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:15 pm
No evidence out there to suggest that even if you had the jab that you couldn't still be out there running around infecting others.

No one knows I am afraid. It's all to new for anyone to define this.
Fair point as it's too early to tell. But if you don't have it you definitely will be. If you do, then maybe you won't be. If too many people don't, then we'll never be in a position to know if it works like that or not.