Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Oh give me a fkg break Lewis!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Lynchy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am Perhaps our black Forum members could comment so we can hear both sides.
I think the problem that black people have with white people, lies with this comment. The presumption is that the people who do not like Lewis Hamilton's behaviour are white and that everyone who made a negative comment in this post is white. That may well be the case and if it is then a lot of people are way behind London people with their acceptance of 'Diversity and Inclusion'. I hate the so called 'taking the knee' (genuflect, Catholics call it) kneeling to the 'host'. I dislike BLM campaigns and Lewis Hamilton's self created role as a leader for black people on a Formula 1 forum. I also disliked SKY TVs broadcast in the early days of 'taking the knee' where they named all the drivers who did not take the knee (to name and shame them) but only stood wearing the BLM 'T shirts'. Appalling. There is a long way to go here (black and white) and sometimes it is five steps back because of propaganda and current thinking. Shame really.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

maxman

Post by maxman » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:51 pm

I am with Ewazix on Lewis,as time has gone on I have grown to dislike him,saying that I was not keen on Vetal or Schumacher,but for different reasons.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 pm
Lynchy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am Perhaps our black Forum members could comment so we can hear both sides.
I think the problem that black people have with white people, lies with this comment. The presumption is that the people who do not like Lewis Hamilton's behaviour are white and that everyone who made a negative comment in this post is white. That may well be the case and if it is then a lot of people are way behind London people with their acceptance of 'Diversity and Inclusion'. I hate the so called 'taking the knee' (genuflect, Catholics call it) kneeling to the 'host'. I dislike BLM campaigns and Lewis Hamilton's self created role as a leader for black people on a Formula 1 forum. I also disliked SKY TVs broadcast in the early days of 'taking the knee' where they named all the drivers who did not take the knee (to name and shame them) but only stood wearing the BLM 'T shirts'. Appalling. There is a long way to go here (black and white) and sometimes it is five steps back because of propaganda and current thinking. Shame really.
I doubt anyone will believe me but his skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with my comments on him, nothing. I want an equal society, nothing more. Some black people are crapbags, some white people are crapbags. Same goes for any other skin colour, makes no difference.

My issue is with his ramming his ill thought out views and hypocrisy on a sport, and his attempt to shame others that don’t follow his ideology. If it was Verstappen doing the same I’d say the same things. Easy to say but I can’t make anyone believe me.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Huzee4

Post by Huzee4 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 pm

:D
Attachments
7C0610C0-D712-4E6B-AF59-BAD0B9DDBBA8.jpeg
7C0610C0-D712-4E6B-AF59-BAD0B9DDBBA8.jpeg (68.16 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Steve

E85 2.5 SE Maldives blue
E89 20i Estoril blue
E89 35iS Alpine White ( Current Zed )

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:02 pm

Well said Chris. Lewis is startng to do my head in. He should either leave the sport and become a politician or carry on driving and shut the fook up :D
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Huzee4 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 pm:D
:rofl: :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

Babw

Post by Babw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Lynchy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am At the end of the day the most high profile sportsman in the world at the moment is using his fame and F1 to voice his opinion and push BLM forward, no different to those that like to voice their opinion on here. The difference is on here we are no bodies and Lewis or Raheem Sterling are high profile sportsman. I would prefer to watch F1 and football without seeing people kneeling but then I’m not a black man or woman.
You can’t knock him for doing what he believes in.
Perhaps our black Forum members could comment so we can hear both sides.
:thumbsup:

I think he's more than aware of stereotype in motoracing and professional sport so the fact that he's able to stay at the top of driving, push his political agendas as well as ignore the haters while wearing skirts or whatever he may deem appropriate is a testament to his character.

Let's not let the loudest or most ignorant have the last word.

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm I doubt anyone will believe me but his skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with my comments on him, nothing. I want an equal society, nothing more.
I have come to believe that no one wants an equal society. They say they do, but have views that don't allow it. People with disabilities say they want equality, but admit to wanting more than equality to be equal. For the past 10 years Women have forced themselves to the fore and we now live in a society governed by what Women want. TV news programmes are hosted by Women, with Women Interviewers interviewing Women on what Women want. We now have to say the 'Men and Women who sacrificed their lives in World War 1' when it was 99.99% men and no Women on the front lines. Women have been voted into parliament, because they are Women first and foremost, similar with some BAME people. Parliament is ruled and decisions are made not by party politics so much, but by what is best for each represented group, be it , Women, BAME, poorer people or those that are lazy and don't give a s**t (disadvantaged poor people). I do appreciate that there are some genuinely poor people.

Boris Johnson is struggling to suggest to the Queen that Lewis Hamilton deserves a knighthood, because of his lack of tax contributions. I feel sure that he will get round that problem.

Somewhere in that rant is the reason that we are a poorer represented group of people than we once were. :(

Babw

Post by Babw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 pm
john-e89 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm I doubt anyone will believe me but his skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with my comments on him, nothing. I want an equal society, nothing more.
I have come to believe that no one wants an equal society. They say they do, but have views that don't allow it. People with disabilities say they want equality, but admit to wanting more than equality to be equal. For the past 10 years Women have forced themselves to the fore and we now live in a society governed by what Women want. TV news programmes are hosted by Women, with Women Interviewers interviewing Women on what Women want. We now have to say the 'Men and Women who sacrificed their lives in World War 1' when it was 99.99% men and no Women on the front lines. Women have been voted into parliament, because they are Women first and foremost, similar with some BAME people. Parliament is ruled and decisions are made not by party politics so much, but by what is best for each represented group, be it , Women, BAME, poorer people or those that are lazy and don't give a s**t (disadvantaged poor people). I do appreciate that there are some genuinely poor people.

Boris Johnson is struggling to suggest to the Queen that Lewis Hamilton deserves a knighthood, because of his lack of tax contributions. I feel sure that he will get round that problem.

Somewhere in that rant is the reason that we are a poorer represented group of people than we once were. :(
Do you have any facts to back of any of the above just out of interest? Or would you just like us to believe it because you believe it to be true?

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Babw wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 pm Do you have any facts to back of any of the above just out of interest? Or would you just like us to believe it because you believe it to be true?
Whether you believe it has to be up to you. Use Google, BBC News broadcasts or think about the last 10 years. Whatever you think of will form your opinion.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 am

Regardless of the politics I don't watch F1 because it's DULL. Give me the series Lewis's brother is in any day of the week, the racing is exciting and they aren't all up their own arses.
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:19 am

Apparently Lewis also has been legally sueing the Hamilton watch company for it's name for the last 3 years and now has finally lost:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... brand.html

So yes, Hamilton watches, a company of american origin (now headquatered in Switzerland), that has been around for well over 100 years, and Lewis finds his own surname more important and entitled...yeah.... :rofl:
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 am

You did say the Daily Mail, right? :lol:
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am

That is a bit of a desperate, non-story by the media. Pretty standard practice to go after existing trademark holders like that as part of a brand push (same for long-time squatters of popular domain names) on the basis that there’s an incremental and economically attractive opportunity to be had with every win (plus the odd windfall if you get lucky). It’s a battle that’s being fought by all major brands all the time, you just don’t hear much about it because it’s dull.

Defence legal fee compensation totalling under £900. Probably took 3 years because it was sat in a backlog of low priority litigation. Meh.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 am

I just think there are haters for the sake of hating.
This guy was the best thing since sliced bread when he entered into F1 and I’m sure people on here didn’t dislike him from the start but because he has been so successful and has become the best driver of all time capped with having a voice they now have a different opinion of him.