Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

You couldn’t make it up....

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Stevo1987 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:36 pm Poor people need to pull their socks up. Should have worked harder at school. They should stop smoking, drinking and sponging off the state then they will be able to afford one of these amazing new eco planet saving wonders of modern science. :fuelfire:
That is a very crass statement I have 3 sons in their mid 30s - 40s. One is a citroen tech one a royal marine and the other a director of a company, they all own their homes but only the director has any chance of forking out £35k+ for an electric car.
Last edited by jabber on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:16 pm

If it all works I’m all for it tbh, we can’t put our love of cars before the planet. Hopefully sports cars will have artificial sounds, it’s better than nothing. Ford do a Transit custom van with a bodykit from MRST, they do artificial sounds in that, pretty crazy and fun in a off your head way in a diesel van sounding like a V8 petrol but hey ho.... :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Who would want one anyway?

Apart from being fast off the mark what else do they have going for them?

One trick pony piece of turd.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:26 pm Who would want one anyway?

Apart from being fast off the mark what else do they have going for them?

One trick pony piece of turd.
Electric cars do absolutely nothing for me, same with Formula E, no character or sense of occasion, like most things today, would you have an electric car over a V6/V8/V12 powered vehicle, if you would, I feel sorry for that person.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:50 pm

We've got barely enough electrical energy now - just wait until the bulk of cars and vans go electric!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:08 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:50 pm We've got barely enough electrical energy now - just wait until the bulk of cars and vans go electric!
IS THERE ENOUGH JUICE? Chris Harris talks EVs with Graeme Cooper from the National Grid | Top Gear I found that interesting.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 pm

I must say I'm not a fan of the electric cars. As said they're too expensive, battery life is poor & replacement batteries are cost an arm & a leg. I have considered a plug in hybrid recently for the wife but again they're expensive to buy compared to the equivalent petrol or diesel & if the batteries are knackered after 5 years or so again it's big bucks to replace them. The battery tech is just not there yet.  So, not for me at the moment  :wink:.
Having said that when challenges are put out there like the government has just done, the scientists do have a knack of coming up with the technology. Just look at TV's & LED lamps, quite recent tech really. 10+ years is a long time in technological advancement. I remember a 42" plasma screen being £10k less than 20 years ago, LED screens weren't far behind price wise & look how cheap & how fantastic the big screen TV's are now. The battery tech will get there & production costs should get cheaper.
You never know perhaps small modular reactors (SMR's) will develop to become shoe box size & power cars for 1000's of miles without recharge? We might all glow green though :D .
Though I certainly can't see there being any really cheap used electric car around like there are petrol/diesel now :? .

Slightly off topic there but going back to John's point with the Greens, they're never happy unless they have something to moan about, another bunch of lefty tw?ts imo.
Zedless :(

Stevo1987

Post by Stevo1987 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:58 pm Once electric cars start becoming the norm then your fossil fuelled car will plummit in value and be virtually worthless, no-one will want them as you won't be hip, plus I can see a stigma being attached to petrol and diesel cars etc where it gets to the stage you will feel guilty polluting the planet with distasteful looks and finger pointing at your exhaust fumes.

The outlook appears gloomy

Tim.
:(
Hmm...
I don't know about that. I only bought my car to p*ss off Greta. :lol:
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

Stevo1987

Post by Stevo1987 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm

oldgitdave wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 pm I must say I'm not a fan of the electric cars. As said they're too expensive, battery life is poor & replacement batteries are cost an arm & a leg. I have considered a plug in hybrid recently for the wife but again they're expensive to buy compared to the equivalent petrol or diesel & if the batteries are knackered after 5 years or so again it's big bucks to replace them. The battery tech is just not there yet. So, not for me at the moment :wink:.
Having said that when challenges are put out there like the government has just done, the scientists do have a knack of coming up with the technology. Just look at TV's & LED lamps, quite recent tech really. 10+ years is a long time in technological advancement. I remember a 42" plasma screen being £10k less than 20 years ago, LED screens weren't far behind price wise & look how cheap & how fantastic the big screen TV's are now. The battery tech will get there & production costs should get cheaper.
You never know perhaps small modular reactors (SMR's) will develop to become shoe box size & power cars for 1000's of miles without recharge? We might all glow green though :D .
Though I certainly can't see there being any really cheap used electric car around like there are petrol/diesel now :? .

Slightly off topic there but going back to John's point with the Greens, they're never happy unless they have something to moan about, another bunch of lefty tw?ts imo.
My Panasonic Plasma TV is still great. It heats up the room as well! :rofl:
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Stevo1987 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 pm
oldgitdave wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 pm I must say I'm not a fan of the electric cars. As said they're too expensive, battery life is poor & replacement batteries are cost an arm & a leg. I have considered a plug in hybrid recently for the wife but again they're expensive to buy compared to the equivalent petrol or diesel & if the batteries are knackered after 5 years or so again it's big bucks to replace them. The battery tech is just not there yet. So, not for me at the moment :wink:.

My Panasonic Plasma TV is still great. It heats up the room as well! :rofl:
:lol: Panasonic are hard to beat on picture quality aren't they.
The Greens will have you for heating up the planet though :poke: :rofl:
Zedless :(