Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I know many of you are back in lockdown....

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:32 am

Z4paul wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 am Absolutely stunning, is there anywhere for a police car to be discreetly tucked away on that straight or can you get a proper blast down it?
I was fortunate to spend time in NZ and this reminds me of so many roads particularly on the South Island, absolutely stunning ... I don't remember much of a police presence at all and they didn't seem to 'lay in wait' or park up as they do in the states..i do remember seeing that kiwis mark road deaths with black posts (if memory serves) and there were a few of them!!
I can't say I recall seeing black posts, but you do see white crosses with flowers at some spots along the roads to mark where road fatalities have occurred, usually along country highways/roads
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Z4paul

Post by Z4paul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:22 pm

enzed4 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:32 am
Z4paul wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 am Absolutely stunning, is there anywhere for a police car to be discreetly tucked away on that straight or can you get a proper blast down it?
I was fortunate to spend time in NZ and this reminds me of so many roads particularly on the South Island, absolutely stunning ... I don't remember much of a police presence at all and they didn't seem to 'lay in wait' or park up as they do in the states..i do remember seeing that kiwis mark road deaths with black posts (if memory serves) and there were a few of them!!
I can't say I recall seeing black posts, but you do see white crosses with flowers at some spots along the roads to mark where road fatalities have occurred, usually along country highways/roads
Your spot on, after 30 years i seemed to recall something else. Had a chat on whats app with a mate from the uk ( but born in nz) who returned a few years and lives on the south island - says some of these caused by visitors driving on wrong side of the road. Experienced the same last year in scotland when driving from loch ness area to fort william, bloody scary!
2.0 m sport (suspension / steering wheel/scuff plates) cupholders sapphire black with factory hard top. Needs a little tlc but loving it.