Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

T.V Licence.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
tug

T.V Licence.

Post by tug » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:59 am

Ive just cancelled my t.v. licence cos i never watch LIVE t.v anymore. I wonder how long it will be before i get a knock on the door so i can tell em' to PI$$ OFF!!! :lol:
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

T.V Licence.

Post by ph001 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:11 am

I’m similar to you...can’t even remember last time I watched BBC. The problem is, even if you own any equipment CAPABLE of receiving it you have to have a license, irrespective of whether or not you actually view it.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

tug

T.V Licence.

Post by tug » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:30 am

I agree mate, but they have to prove that you have devices capable of receiving live content. To do that they need a warrant to enter, and to get one they need information which they have to get from me which i wont give em'

To be honest, im lookin forward to the games this will more than likely bring. :lol:

Rockhopper

T.V Licence.

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:32 am

No you don’t. The offence is “watching live tv as it’s broadcast” (or words to that effect). Having the ability to do so but not actually doing so is perfectly legal. I’ve not had a tv licence for ten years or so, I only watch YouTube ( not live streamings) or films from my hard drive.

If having the equipment was enough to need a licence then everyone with a mobile phone would need one!

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if- ... uzEALw_wcB

Most people who get fined are trapped by door step “inspectors” into admitting that they watch live TV and that’s enough for a prosecution.

Rockhopper

T.V Licence.

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:40 am

If they do turn up at your door don’t let them in, don’t answer any questions and absolutely do not sign anything. Be polite but don’t let them intimidate you.

tug

T.V Licence.

Post by tug » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 am

Yes, thats so true, im like thousands of others who are sick of seeing & hearing about OUR millions thats wasted on rubbish. Sod the BBC. :evil:

AND F@CK CAPITA. :lol:

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

T.V Licence.

Post by mmm-five » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 am

Make sure you don’t use iPlayer for live or catch-up either - as that requires a licence - and if I’ve read the rules correctly so does watching BBC content on any streaming platform, or recording it for later viewing.

If you’re happy you don’t do that...then cancel away :thumbsup:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Rockhopper

T.V Licence.

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:57 am

Thats correct.

Z4C_er

T.V Licence.

Post by Z4C_er » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:09 am

Especially when they feel that wearing a poppy goes against their lefty woke snowflake agenda!!!
Did you see they wore them for the first few minutes of Naga and Charlie Breakfast show on Friday and 7 minutes into the show, they had them removed.
Disgusting! And what an insult to the pensioners that pay to keep them on air.
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

tug

T.V Licence.

Post by tug » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:47 am

Not to mention the sexist pay grades AND the peado protection handed out over the years. :x
mmm-five wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 am Make sure you don’t use iPlayer for live or catch-up either - as that requires a licence - and if I’ve read the rules correctly so does watching BBC content on any streaming platform, or recording it for later viewing.

If you’re happy you don’t do that...then cancel away :thumbsup:
Nah! just watch youtube (not live) films streamed from me mac & netflix plus sometimes prime. :thumbsup:

ihadablackdog

T.V Licence.

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:39 pm

tug wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 am AND F@CK CAPITA. :lol:
Is it Crapita that handle the licensing? I agree with you, but I’m biased cos the fcukers made me redundant a few years ago and shipped my work offshore to India!

I also think it’s a discrace that they’ve removed the free license for pensioners. I didn’t realise it was paid for by the government and when the government stopped paying then the BBC stopped the free licenses. At least that’s how I understand it, I might be wrong...ha, they might even have u-turned!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

T.V Licence.

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:05 pm

ihadablackdog wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:39 pm I also think it’s a discrace that they’ve removed the free license for pensioners. I didn’t realise it was paid for by the government and when the government stopped paying then the BBC stopped the free licenses. At least that’s how I understand it, I might be wrong...ha, they might even have u-turned!
My Mum used to get one. The one they sent her last October was due to expire on 31 May 2020 but she did get an extension due to Covid, althoug I can't remember how long it was for. To be fair I didn't pay too much attention as she moved into a home last year and we sold her flat in May to pay the fees. :(

Good luck tug, you rebel. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Flyingfifer

T.V Licence.

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Cancelled mine on 19th September 2014 and have just ignored them ever since, they send the occasional threating letter which falls through the letterbox directly into the bin :fuelfire:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Bombardino

T.V Licence.

Post by Bombardino » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Out of curiosity what is the fine if you’re caught not having one?

Flyingfifer

T.V Licence.

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Bombardino wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:08 pm Out of curiosity what is the fine if you’re caught not having one?
"
Sentencing
If you are found guilty of the offence
of using television receiving equipment
without a licence, the judge will decide the
level of the fine. You may have to pay:
• A maximum fine of up to £1,000.
• Compensation for the period of
unlicensed use.
"
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings