Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Student Accomodation

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Lynchy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 am

Morning all, my son has been accepted into The University of Sunderland this year and I was wondering if any of our younger members has had any experience with student accommodation or our older members children. We are waiting to here back from Northumbria as well which is his first choice but they are very slow getting back. TIA :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 am

Morning Lynchy, not got any experience of the universities you’ve mentioned but do of current students.

Don’t know if the situation is the same in English FE but might be worth checking.

My daughter is starting 3rd year and was only informed last week that she’s not to physically attend at all this semester - it’s all to be done online from home. We’d applied for various flats and hadn’t been successful so saving a fair chunk of cash.

The OH’s daughter is starting university in a few weeks, booked private halls when she got accepted, paid small deposit to enter into contract etc. Got an email 2 days ago to say the same thing, virtual learning until Xmas, do not attend university.

Slight kicker here is also got an email saying the first payment for her £7K halls bill is due in 5 days.

She phoned them and there’s no leeway in that contract, she has to pay for it all. They also confirmed that of her other 9 flat mates all had indicated they won’t be using the accommodation until January.

So she won’t be going either as there’s no opportunity to meet either her new flat mates or people from her course as they’re not attending either.

We were very worried she’d become isolated on her own in a new city so she’s staying at home too - just the OH is having the pleasure of having to pay for the empty accommodation from now until Xmas

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Lynchy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Lynchy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks Andy, there hasn’t been any indication of him having to stay home and lessons begin on the 14th Sep although lessons may be online which he will do from his room.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:36 am

:thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Stevo1987

Student Accomodation

Post by Stevo1987 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 am

My youngest son starts at the UEA, University of East Anglia in September and it all systems go. He has booked his accommodation on campus. Do you have any specific questions as it is the third time we have been through this? Eldest is at Warwick and the middle one is just finishing up at Surrey. Incidentally, our eldest is a PhD student and has been wfh since lock down with no date given to when he will be back.
      2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
      2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

Lynchy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Lynchy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:52 am

My question was about the Uni of Sunderland campus in particular whether anyone had attended recently and what their experiences were or are if still attending.

Stevo1987

Student Accomodation

Post by Stevo1987 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Lynchy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:52 am My question was about the Uni of Sunderland campus in particular whether anyone had attended recently and what their experiences were or are if still attending.
      Ah, ok. You could have a look here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=6296534. There is a forum so lots of chat about what is happening at Sunderland and all the others.
      2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
      2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

Lynchy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Student Accomodation

Post by Lynchy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm

:thumbsup: