Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What every prospective Z4 owner needs to know

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
PixelPeepZ4

Post by PixelPeepZ4 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Not only have i discovered the magic of open top motoring (first time in 20+ years of driving)

i have now realised there is a mandatory item of clothing you MUST carry with you at all times whilst traveling in above mentioned vehicles.

keeps the hair out of your eyes, and the sun from glaring over the top of the windscreen. Why didn't anyone tell me this!!?
E89 35i SDrive DCT - Deep Blue Metallic / Ivory White Nappa [thread]
2017 i3 REx (94 Ah) - Black Metallic / Loft Interior

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:27 pm

PixelPeepZ4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm keeps the hair out of your eyes,
OK, OK, rub it in why don't you! :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

PixelPeepZ4

Post by PixelPeepZ4 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:27 pm OK, OK, rub it in why don't you!
Haha.... believe me, i'd gladly have all this crap chopped off, just haven't made it to the hair dressers post lockdown!
E89 35i SDrive DCT - Deep Blue Metallic / Ivory White Nappa [thread]
2017 i3 REx (94 Ah) - Black Metallic / Loft Interior

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:58 pm

I've never needed one of those in any of my Z4S! :rofl:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

abar121

Post by abar121 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 pm

Yup! A close fitting one too :)

Just had the roof down on my zed. I forgot what an awesome sound it makes topless. Sublime!
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

scootr

Post by scootr » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Actually I think this is :rofl:

Now if I could just find something to keep my eyebrows out of my eyes .... :roll:
Attachments
bmw hat.PNG
bmw hat.PNG (223.98 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Armscarf

Post by Armscarf » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Agreed, essential in my book, but not just for hair control. I've no hair left but who wants to put sun cream on the noggin. I'm too old for a baseball cap these days so here's mine.....................
Attachments
1875-Black-Woo-Summer-weight-768x625.jpg
1875-Black-Woo-Summer-weight-768x625.jpg (27.07 KiB) Viewed 1561 times

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm

I have four beani hats. Two for the hills and the other two for driving roadsters. Never tried a baseball cap. Not me at all. :P

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

buzyg wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm I have four beani hats. Two for the hills and the other two for driving roadsters. Never tried a baseball cap. Not me at all. :P
Yep that was exactly me until I retired - both sports cars had beani hat and neck buff. That was until I retired and started to get out more during the day. Driving from bright sunshine into full shade of trees, or the sun 'flickering' through tree trunks and branches in spring and late autumn and sun glasses didn't cut it. I got my first baseball cap and the long peak really does keep the sun out of your eyes - no need for sun glasses so I don't get that sun flash or the red haze from the blood in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong I hate it even though it does work. I can't feel the wind in my hair (why you have a sports car!) and I just look like a sad old man 'trin t get down wi da boyz'... but there's one under the drivers seat in both cars just in case. With beani and neck buff jammed between the seat and inner sill for when my ears fall off in winter!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 am

Crazy Harry wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am
buzyg wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm I have four beani hats. Two for the hills and the other two for driving roadsters. Never tried a baseball cap. Not me at all. :P
Yep that was exactly me until I retired - both sports cars had beani hat and neck buff. That was until I retired and started to get out more during the day. Driving from bright sunshine into full shade of trees, or the sun 'flickering' through tree trunks and branches in spring and late autumn and sun glasses didn't cut it. I got my first baseball cap and the long peak really does keep the sun out of your eyes - no need for sun glasses so I don't get that sun flash or the red haze from the blood in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong I hate it even though it does work. I can't feel the wind in my hair (why you have a sports car!) and I just look like a sad old man 'trin t get down wi da boyz'... but there's one under the drivers seat in both cars just in case. With beani and neck buff jammed between the seat and inner sill for when my ears fall off in winter!
Heck there's a decision to be made. Lose my ears or my eyes. :lol:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am

buzyg wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 am
Crazy Harry wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

Heck there's a decision to be made. Lose my ears or my eyes. :lol:
Can't afford to lose my ears, cos then my glasses will fall off, the cap will fall over my eyes and I'll head straight to the scene of the accident! :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:30 pm

PixelPeepZ4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm Not only have i discovered the magic of open top motoring (first time in 20+ years of driving)

i have now realised there is a mandatory item of clothing you MUST carry with you at all times whilst traveling in above mentioned vehicles.

What surprises me is how many of these come without instructions. Either that or the purchasers can’t read because they put them on back to front! :wink:

keeps the hair out of your eyes, and the sun from glaring over the top of the windscreen. Why didn't anyone tell me this!!?

Surfwooder

Post by Surfwooder » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:42 pm

I live in New Hampshire, in the U.S. While running with the top down all Summer I have be careful not to glance up. Why? Woof off goes the ball cap when the wind catches the bill. I keep a spare on hand, under the seat, or behind the passenger seat. I don't want sunburn on the dome. :driving:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:23 am

Coupes solve that problem! :lol:

Definitely can't afford to lose ears these days as you can't keep a mask on. :(
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:51 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:23 am Coupes solve that problem! :lol:

Definitely can't afford to lose ears these days as you can't keep a mask on. :(
If you look up in a coupe, you're going to hit the roof with the peek :P :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash