Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Exactly how do you lose your service book?!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Boltz

Post by Boltz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm

I agree with IRD 👍
VW Golf GTI Edition 35

Previous E89 18i manual Msport LCI, remapped, 282 bhp 453nm torque, Supersprint exhaust, decatted, stubby, BMW Performance Big Brake Kit, Msport rear valance and diffuser, Inovit 19inch Vector alloys, Msport black grilles.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm

MSW wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 pm "Doesn't matter that much, if you never sell the car any way. FYI. In all my years I have only ever sold two cars on. All the others I have run into the ground and scrapped."

Remind me not to buy off you, buzyg! :rofl:
The Zed is pampered to death and has every stamp dotted and crossed. oh and not for sale. :wink:

The current daily shed will no doubt go the way of it's forebears one day. As I paid £1200 for it three years ago and it has worked faultlessly, it owes me nothing. :D

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 pm

I never leave any documents in the car - I just take the service book when the car is going in for one then remove it straight after getting home.

It's probably a legacy of having handled motor claims many years ago. If the car gets stolen the service history is one of the few bits of ammunition you have to get a sensible valuation!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jfgoldfish

Post by Jfgoldfish » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:45 pm

I personally don't treat the service book as a particularly good measure of good maintainance.

The book can be full of stamps telling you the car has been serviced 'by the book', but the book only asks for oil changes every 15-20k and the owner might have chosen to do little more than just that.

If you ask me, it's the preventative maintainance in-between that makes a car well maintained.

I would far rather buy a car with no stamps in the book but reasonable evidence of oil changes every few thousand miles than buy a garage queen that had oil changes every 4 years at the 15k mark :o
2006 Z4 2.0i Ruby Black