Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Explain the difference for me....

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:13 pm

To many tossers getting offended by nothing IMHO :thumbsdown:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Z4C_er

Post by Z4C_er » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:20 pm

dr_john wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm Oh God help us, has nobody got a sense of humour anymore? In all history humour has relied heavily on racial stereotyping, eg English, French, Irish, Jewish, Polish, etc etc. I never took offence at any of it. Makes my piss boil when all these celebrities suddenly find that they have to apologise for stuff from years back that nobody cared about.

I hear black rap music using derogatory terms about white folk, that doesn't seem to count in the current argument.
It doesn't take long to find hypocrisy these days. And I agree with you. I laughed just as hard watching Eddie Murphy doing white-face as I did any other humour. We've allowed people to dictate what we should and shouldn't be. I like Voltaire...
Volt.JPG
Volt.JPG (42.33 KiB) Viewed 743 times
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:13 pm
ben g wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:33 pm
I can't wait for the day someone is able to describe a white man or a black man as simply 'a man'.
This is it though, if you are describing someone you dont know the colour of that person will always need to come into it just like if they wore glasses, were bald, had a beard, one eye, skinny, fat, tall, short, etc.
Surely by missing out a main descriptive part is wrong.
But why do the media have to say 'black man killed by white cop' when the fact is it was 'a man killed by a cop'. The fact they're black and white had nothing to do with it. It only incites racial hatred.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:15 am

Click bait ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 am

ben g wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
I can't wait for the day someone is able to describe a white man or a black man as simply 'a man'.
This is it though, if you are describing someone you dont know the colour of that person will always need to come into it just like if they wore glasses, were bald, had a beard, one eye, skinny, fat, tall, short, etc.
But why do the media have to say 'black man killed by white cop' when the fact is it was 'a man killed by a cop'. The fact they're black and white had nothing to do with it. It only incites racial hatred.
Yep, the headline wouldnt need to mention that. It only needs mentioned when describing someone.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Z4C_er

Post by Z4C_er » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 am

ben g wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
Take Reading for example. The media were doing their best to not mention anything about skin colour or religion for fear of upsetting the minority. But.... If it were a bloke from middle England, as pale as can be, stabbing blacks or our 'followers of peace', then the headlines would have been as dramatic as they come. 'White killer' or 'Black Lives Lost'. Just ludicrous. The media are playing us (under instruction).

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:13 am

Double fekin standards all over the place these days.

Why, just yesterday I was berated for taking my skateboard on the bike path here in NL 'at my age!'
I got a bit of a wobble on as I was carrying some shopping back from the shops and the old girl crossing the bike path in front of me tagging her little doggy behind her got a bit alarmed. I think she thought I was going to plough into her mutt. 'Wat doe je met een skateboard, ouwe klootzak?!' :rofl:

She failed to realise me being a little bit sick in my mouth at the sight of an 80yr old in a miniskirt.
:cry: :lol:

I must add a disclaimer that she was not 'a person of colour'.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am

"Oude klootzak" would have been a perfect match for her, uh, 80 year old f*nny :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Somebody just sent me this ...
ACB0373B-0AF1-453C-839F-3B4BBEC867DC.jpeg
ACB0373B-0AF1-453C-839F-3B4BBEC867DC.jpeg (128.29 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Number5 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:48 pm Somebody just sent me this ...

ACB0373B-0AF1-453C-839F-3B4BBEC867DC.jpeg
This is where a ‘like’ button would be most appropriate :thumbsup:
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Z4C_er

Post by Z4C_er » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 pm

^ True. Who will even bat an eyelid?

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:36 am

It now seems that (news item in Telegraph) it is our fault for not treating the poor Libyan yobbo for his mental condition.

For f*cks sake!!!
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:07 am

dr_john wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm Oh God help us, has nobody got a sense of humour anymore? In all history humour has relied heavily on racial stereotyping, eg English, French, Irish, Jewish, Polish, etc etc. I never took offence at any of it. Makes my piss boil when all these celebrities suddenly find that they have to apologise for stuff from years back that nobody cared about.

I hear black rap music using derogatory terms about white folk, that doesn't seem to count in the current argument.
So true,sad folk don't have a sense of humour,and as other said_people get "offended" by everything nowadays,and the PC brigade in power,decide to ban certain items/TV shows,etc etc.
So damn annoying.
Do none of these people have the testicular fortitude to stand up to these PC numpties,and say no/f**k off,that or this isn't racist,just Comedy or whatever it may be in reference to!!
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:40 am

... and we are the architects of this situation. Until the silent majority put the metaphorical squeeze on their MP's nuts at election time PC will continue to hold sway as MPs fear not being re-elected.

I think part of the problem IS having a like button on social media which drives an atmosphere of compliance by social fear; where it no longer means 'like' its now a requirement to stay part of the group to avoid social bullying - something social media was born for (but don't get me ranting about that).

... and before the key board warrior-ing PC zealots aim their sights at me this is a comment about the situation not the content of any recent event. I spent my working life undoing (as far as is possible) the consequences of intolerance; falling outs on social media; and the 'positive discrimination' initiatives where the Holy Grail was to appoint a BAME disabled lesbian onto your team - rather than the best candidate for the job.

I suggest that if we want to do something we type an email to our MP rather than a post on here - but hey this is middle England (who else would own a weekend sports car) so we'll just sit and complain. We have too much to lose compared to some issue based groups so we''ll keep our heads down and weather it as always.

Anyone else I haven't upset? just PM so I can apologise :P

Srmert

Post by Srmert » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 am

People have decided to take offense to anything. Color (I am a colonist) has become just one of many. A cop kills a man of color and the world burns. 6 people of color die (1-3 years old!) over the weekend in Chicago and there is only some hand wringing. Any life lost to violence is one too many, but where is the vigor and emphasis when it is not caused by someone wearing a uniform?