Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW charge for sanitizing after service

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mackharry

Post by mackharry » Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:52 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:20 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:52 pm I don't care what anyone says, most of the programmes I've seen on the box filming covid wards is enough to convince me to stay well away from anyone as much as I can, so that means no shops, social contact etc until a vaccine is available. I'm not going to take the risk. I'm 55 and seeing healthy males the same age with no other health issues dying is enough convincing for me. I think people are foolish if they think they will be fine if they catch the virus. Simply put, you don't know, no-one does.

Tim.
So by that standpoint when you see a car accident reported you will no longer drive just in case that could also happen to you :?
There are 65million+ people in the uk that will be unaffected by the virus itself ( unlike the ridiculous measures currently in force) .
Folks need to get things into perspective
Personally the lockdown needs to carry on, the R number for infection rates is still periously high and now things have been eased who's going to social distance now, especially with the Cummings farce. I won't be surprised to see infection rates rocket again in a few weeks to months, if it doesn't then great, ease lockdown, but its still too early for the populas to be let loose.

Yes anything could happen to me but it's balancing risks and being anywhere where there are crowds of people who I doubt will give a flying fig on self isolation, social distancing etc, I'm not prepared to take that risk.

Tim.

Stay home - plug in the Ricky - crank the vox

Makes more sense than stay alert anyway
3.0 si sapphire black e85 facelift, individual leather New England black Silverstone grey, ZHP

Gone - Little 4pot e85 facelift ruby black metallic, oregon beige leather, ZHP

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm

mackharry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm Stay home - plug in the Ricky - crank the vox

Does my Banjo count?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat May 30, 2020 5:00 pm

We have a local Pittsburgh radio talk show host, Wendy Bell, who lays out the statistics on a near daily basis. I fully understand those who want to be super cautious and that is surely your right and prerogative but as Wendy says," why should the entire population and economy be shut down for such a small percentage of fatal cases. Protect those who are the most vulnerable and let the rest of us live our lives as close to normal as possible."

She speaks common sense IMO. if anyone would care to listen to her she can be found at KDKA 1020 , a Pittsburgh, PA radio station on radio.com.

Of course I get info on this and other things from many sources but I am quite a fan of Wendy.

She has also said that this is the first time in US history that well people are being quarantined, in the past it has only been the sick.

Another stat. in the US 54% of all covid cases are within a 100 mile radius of New York City (the epicenter of covid in the US).

It's just wrong and for sure an overstepping of government on our rights and liberties.

Personally I do not fear contracting covid. I'll be 65 in several days and take medication for blood pressure. I'd go eat in a crowded restaurant today if they were open. I'd shop without a stupid mask on if they'd let me in w/o an argument. And I'd get a haircut today (haven't been able to since our governor deemed such establishments as "Verboten"). I cut my own hair a couple of weeks ago but, oh well, it is better than it was.

This whole thing, though the virus is real, has been an experiment by our local and federal governments to see just how far they can push us...IMO. And I know it is a touchy subject with many in Europe but again, IMO, Exercising power and control, stepping on rights and freedoms are one of the main reasons many politicians want to basically disarm law abiding American citizens.

I'll close with a quote from Thomas Jefferson:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm

104,000 covid deaths in USA ?

mackharry

Post by mackharry » Sat May 30, 2020 5:34 pm

ronk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm
mackharry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm Stay home - plug in the Ricky - crank the vox

Does my Banjo count?
Just for you ronk

Stay home - play banjo - drink moonshine

I love a bit of bluegrass, got a 5 string myself, the wife hates it
3.0 si sapphire black e85 facelift, individual leather New England black Silverstone grey, ZHP

Gone - Little 4pot e85 facelift ruby black metallic, oregon beige leather, ZHP

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Sat May 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Volvo sanitised my V90 for free after it was serviced. I'd have a moan at BMW

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat May 30, 2020 8:14 pm

ronk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm 104,000 covid deaths in USA ?
Out of a population of 330 + million, when at first some predicted 1 to 2 million.
Many believe that deaths attributed to covid are inaccurate and inflated. My niece works for Cigna, a very large health insurance company. She told me that when a hospital logs a death to covid on the death certificate that the hospital gets money from the federal government for that. I have heard that from others as well. So why would a hospital not do so ?

Have also read that, miraculously, death from cancer and heart disease have amazingly declined during this “pandemic “. Sadly suicide, spousal and child abuse have risen. Supposedly due to sheltering in place, lack of normal social interactions etc. Of course unemployment has skyrocketed and one can well imagine the stress that puts on a family.

Like I said, if you want to shelter in place for the rest of your natural life, have at it. I for one will not hide or drastically change my lifestyle due to fear of getting sick. But, to each his own...I just don’t want my life ruined due to fear and power grabbing of others.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sat May 30, 2020 9:05 pm

mackharry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:34 pm
ronk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Does my Banjo count?
Just for you ronk

Stay home - play banjo - drink moonshine

I love a bit of bluegrass, got a 5 string myself, the wife hates it
Definition of a gentleman - a man knows how to play the banjo but doesn't.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat May 30, 2020 10:57 pm

What about a man who can’t play the banjo but would like to? :rofl:
Last edited by ronk on Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat May 30, 2020 11:00 pm

This is worth a look at to see how well we are doing - the U.K. is well up the leader board unfortunately :thumbsdown:
Just another reason to keep my head behind the sandbags and accept a reduction of my liberties for a while.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/