Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What this forum,and z4 ownership means to me/us.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:55 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm Hi Craig, I see from the time of your post you must be suffering from insomnia! :rofl:

No Peter,just not gone to bed at that time,given it was Friday night,lol

I agree with you that the sights and sounds of several zeds..especially of different configurations often brings a smile to my face, especially if I'm playing tail end charley.. :thumbsup:

Whilst I do enjoy a hoon on my own across some of the fabulous roads we have here in the Borders, I do miss the banter and the drives with the Forum guys.. :driving:

Its a kind of Mr Bean meets The Last of the Summer Wine medley! :rofl:

More like Del boy and Rodney with the Yellow Reliant in tow,lol :rofl:

I've attended a few runs from different clubs but they just don't seem to quite strike the appropriate balance as the Forum runs do..

I did have 45+ days of various Z4 based hooning planned this year..so far only one day experienced..
Yeah,there was alot planned. And the great weather we have had just makes it more frustrating :x

Here's to the future where through drugs/vacinnes we can get together again!
Yes,fingers crossed :driving:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:57 pm Hopefully will all get together again soon.
It’s definitely not the same hooning about on yer own.
Miss those great roads around the Dales and the sound of a bunch of zeds, and even the odd Jag.
Yes,here's hoping :thumbsup:
Yeah,some absolute crackers on the routes we do.....roll on freedom :driving:
Last edited by craig3.2 on Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 am

AlienZed wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:36 pm Same here Craig, missing the company of other Zedders, while i go out for my blast down the snake into the peak dist 50ml round trip i enjoy it ,last week we had a run up to hawes ,via trough of bowland , Settle for fish n chips ( yes chippy is open :thumbsup: ) and up past Ribblehead viaduct ending at hawes ,which was shut .only a handfull of bikers,there. Returning home via samish route 160mls, but without the company of other Zedders defo was lacking ,deffo not the same on your own,and the fun element lacking.
Be good to get back chasing your tail again.
Do i feel guilty, No. Every man n his dog were out ,hikers, bikers ,car drivers ,oh and loads of the licra clad brigade.
I recognise those roads Moz.....lucky for you that you're not too far from it.
Trough of Bowl and that we did a couple of years ago was one we were/are planning on doing this year, if things can go ahead.
That Ingleton/ Hawes road is a good un :driving:

See you both soon,hopefully :thumbsup:
Last edited by craig3.2 on Sun May 24, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:05 am

Smartbear wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 pm
AlienZed wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:36 pm Same here Craig, missing the company of other Zedders, while i go out for my blast down the snake into the peak dist 50ml round trip i enjoy it ,last week we had a run up to hawes ,via trough of bowland , Settle for fish n chips ( yes chippy is open :thumbsup: ) and up past Ribblehead viaduct ending at hawes ,which was shut .only a handfull of bikers,there. Returning home via samish route 160mls, but without the company of other Zedders defo was lacking ,deffo not the same on your own,and the fun element lacking.
Do i feel guilty, No. Every man n his dog were out ,hikers, bikers ,car drivers ,oh and loads of the licra clad brigade.
I’ve made it up to the Dales a few times in different zeds, brilliant drive :thumbsup:
AE853577-6A77-4482-A9B9-2495DB4A0EC1.jpeg
Rob
Interesting reg on that z.,Smartbear......T24 SHT, lol
Not accurate though,far from sht :driving:
Great roads up there, never tire of driving them :D

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:07 am

buzyg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:16 pm Been a fare while since I did a Z4 forum run. I think it was Zedward down to Lands End. Since then each run I have planned to attend something has happen to prevent me attending. A blown tyre the day before SW run, better than on the run I guess and my mum passing away just before last years Lakes run. Not looking good for this year either. I get out with the local PH guys but your right Craig, nothing better than seeing and hearing a line of Zeds enjoying a good road. :driving:
Hopefully see you at a meet soon,John :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:07 am

buzyg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:16 pm Been a fare while since I did a Z4 forum run. I think it was Zedward down to Lands End. Since then each run I have planned to attend something has happen to prevent me attending. A blown tyre the day before SW run, better than on the run I guess and my mum passing away just before last years Lakes run. Not looking good for this year either. I get out with the local PH guys but your right Craig, nothing better than seeing and hearing a line of Zeds enjoying a good road. :driving:
Hopefully see you at a meet soon,John :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:13 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm Yes, sadly it's been a while since I last met up with some Z owners to discuss all things Z4 related.

It's just a thought, but if we stuck to social distancing might it be permitted now?
You would think so,but still frowned on,unfortunately. I don't see it should be,if we kept to social distancing when not driving, as that's the only risky bit,as we are in our cars more than out of them on meets,I would think.
I guess its down to those who don't social distance properly/at all,that ruin things for the rest of us,wanting to meet in groups....like those flocking to beaches ,etc, with large groups of friends and being only inches apart from each other :headbang:

Hopefully from July we can get some things/meets on the go??

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun May 24, 2020 12:14 am

craig3.2 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:05 am
I’ve made it up to the Dales a few times in different zeds, brilliant drive :thumbsup:
Rob
That’s Stuartt’s car, mines in front Bg06toj, or the “todger” as I used to call it :rofl:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 am

Smartbear wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:14 am
craig3.2 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:05 am

Rob
That’s Stuartt’s car, mines in front Bg06toj, or the “todger” as I used to call it :rofl:
Rob
"Todger" and Sht,love it,haha
You must have had a laugh about that :rofl:

Ming

Post by Ming » Sun May 24, 2020 6:43 am

[quote

Wouldn’t we have to start exercising when we got to our destination? :rofl:
Rob
[/quote]

I get enough of that getting in and out of mine.....
I do like to go topless......
....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving: