Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Euro Car Parts slowing down?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Attilio

Post by Attilio » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:05 pm
Attilio wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:03 pm Hi,

thanks for the general heads-up.

I confirm it is the case: a friend of mine and I ordered parts from Euro Car Parts on March 276th and I got it delivered (in full) only yesterday. My friend got 80% of his parts and charged for the full amount.

In fairness to ECP, they did mention that delays were to be expected.

A
OK thanks.
I assume your friend will be getting his other bits??
he definitely hopes he will!
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Well, I left my chatline queue running and got to place number 1 at 4.48pm.
And there it sat! The line closes at 5pm.
FFS, surely they should make a cut off point and deal with all those that have been waiting.
I left it running and checked back every now and then as I was home doing other stuff. In total that was a little over 5 hours!

Guess I'll just need to just wait and see if the other half of my stuff turns up?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:35 pm
-Tom- wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:28 pm If you’re within the catchment area of a store, and it’s in stock, they’re actually doing free delivery for orders over £15.

I ordered some antifreeze and got they arrived with it in one of their own vans within hours. The catchment area is pretty big, the bath branch where I am is closed and they delivered from Bristol ! Really impressive.
Ah, so instead of online ordering, it's better to ring the local store?
Good info. Thanks
I'm not sure about calling in-store. Their website went down on Thursday, and when it came back on there were a more delivery options. the same-day free delivery is just a tickbox at the checkout. I think if your sale is below £15, the service is only 2 pounds.

Really impressive service, and well needed as my daily mini is springing oil leaks faster than I can refill it. It's on the drive in pieces, it will be ready to take me to work on Monday :roll: :? :oops:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Its because they sell a load of chinese crap and they are running out of stock.

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 pm Well, I left my chatline queue running and got to place number 1 at 4.48pm.
And there it sat! The line closes at 5pm.
FFS, surely they should make a cut off point and deal with all those that have been waiting.
I left it running and checked back every now and then as I was home doing other stuff. In total that was a little over 5 hours!

Guess I'll just need to just wait and see if the other half of my stuff turns up?
if it makes feel you better: I joined the queue when I was number 182 :cry: ... unreal!

Best of luck with your order!
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Gee

Post by Gee » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Good to hear some folk are getting their orders through. I made my order on 21 March and it's still sitting as Pending...

Lucky it's not urgent but to take payment prior to despatch is a bit naughty.

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 pm

They took a while to deliver my stuff. Ordered 3 items and so far 2 have arrived in separate orders. The 3rd just vanished so they've reordered it for me. Probably take another 3 weeks to arrive!

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:30 pm

I should also add, it was worth waiting 3 weeks for these brake disks. They only cost £9.. for the pair! (Not for the zed but a 4x4).
Screenshot_20200422-222849.png
Screenshot_20200422-222849.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 753 times
Screenshot_20200422-222916.png
Screenshot_20200422-222916.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 753 times

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Gee wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:35 pm Good to hear some folk are getting their orders through. I made my order on 21 March and it's still sitting as Pending...

Lucky it's not urgent but to take payment prior to despatch is a bit naughty.
Not just naughty - that’s contrary to card scheme rules. Money should only be taken when it’s despatched. Loads of online retailers still do it though.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

PDJ

Post by PDJ » Wed May 06, 2020 10:04 am

Called Euro Car Parts Monday ordered a battery over the phone was advised I would need a key worker letter and ID

Called in at the Manchester branch you have to queue out side (door locked) you need your letter and ID before they let you in.

Also they will not sell cleaning products as non essential items

One customer was turned away due to not having a letter just in work jumper. He then wheel spun his way out of the car pack poor attitude I would say

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am

Well I am STILL waiting on half my order from 8th April.
Three separate emails and a chatline conversation.
Still nothing.
According to Distance Selling Regulations, they can take your money straight away, but must deliver within 30 days.
Monday morning coming I will be escalating!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am Well I am STILL waiting on half my order from 8th April.
Still nothing.
According to Distance Selling Regulations, they can take your money straight away, but must deliver within 30 days.
I’m still waiting for half of my order from 03/04. I never knew about the 30 days thing. I’ll be back onto them tomorrow then. Join the live chat queue then get kicked off and an email from them two days later saying “sorry CV’s fault we’ll be in touch”

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun May 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 pm
    enuff_zed wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am Well I am STILL waiting on half my order from 8th April.
    Still nothing.
    I’m still waiting for half of my order from 03/04. I never knew about the 30 days thing. I’ll be back onto them tomorrow then. Join the live chat queue then get kicked off and an email from them two days later saying “sorry CV’s fault we’ll be in touch”
    Have you got any further? They're not replying to any emails so I think it'll be back in the chatline queue tomorrow!

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun May 17, 2020 7:24 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:51 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 pm
    Still nothing.
    Have you got any further? They're not replying to any emails so I think it'll be back in the chatline queue tomorrow!
    They’re not replying to mine either but coincidentally I got an email this morning saying the one remaining item was dispatched today and I’ll get it Wednesday.

My problem is that I’m waiting on 3 other items and have told this on the 4 emails I’ve responded to after getting cut off. Each time it say my remaining item and I’ve gone back each time and said it’s 4 things I’m waiting on.

I’ll wait and see what turns up on Wednesday and I’ll let you know :thumbsup:

ECP have by far been the worst company I’ve dealt with in the current situation. Never experienced a problem with them before either

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 18, 2020 7:44 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:24 pm
      enuff_zed wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:51 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 pm I’m still waiting for half of my order from 03/04. I never knew about the 30 days thing. I’ll be back onto them tomorrow then. Join the live chat queue then get kicked off and an email from them two days later saying “sorry CV’s fault we’ll be in touch”
      They’re not replying to mine either but coincidentally I got an email this morning saying the one remaining item was dispatched today and I’ll get it Wednesday.

My problem is that I’m waiting on 3 other items and have told this on the 4 emails I’ve responded to after getting cut off. Each time it say my remaining item and I’ve gone back each time and said it’s 4 things I’m waiting on.

I’ll wait and see what turns up on Wednesday and I’ll let you know :thumbsup:

ECP have by far been the worst company I’ve dealt with in the current situation. Never experienced a problem with them before either
      Well I'm working from home, so I'll join the chat queue as soon as they open and see what happens.