Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Euro Car Parts slowing down?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:55 am

Z4M-2006 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:22 pm Why do people even entertain buying off this shower of shyte is beyond me.
And if people with that experience had been there to share it beforehand I would probably not have gone down this route.
However, with the stable door swinging loosely in the wind and the horse out of sight over the horizon, here I am.

Which is exactly why I have maintained this thread so that others gain the benefit of my experience BEFORE parting with their cash.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 am

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:55 am
Z4M-2006 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:22 pm Why do people even entertain buying off this shower of shyte is beyond me.
And if people with that experience had been there to share it beforehand I would probably not have gone down this route.
However, with the stable door swinging loosely in the wind and the horse out of sight over the horizon, here I am.

Which is exactly why I have maintained this thread so that others gain the benefit of my experience BEFORE parting with their cash.
Also, in the far too many years to remember I’ve been buying from them, I’ve never previously had ONE issue with them. Quality/availability/price/delivery so that’s why I bought from them again :thumbsup:

Different opinion now of course after mine and Enuff’s recent experiences
Last edited by Argyll Andy on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 am
    enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:55 am

Also, in the far too many years to remember I’ve been buying from them, I’ve never previously had ONE issue with them. Quality/availability/price/delivery so that’s why I bought from them again :thumbsup:

Different opinion now of course after mine and Rob’s recent experiences
    Yup, me too.
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Z4M-2006
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:43 am

The thing is with euro is that the majority of the stuff they sell is rubbish
    Forget what the box says, euro group own half the companies so any piece of Chinese junk can be put into an (ex) premium brand box and you think your getting value .

Many in the trade won’t use ECP... and ECP are happy about that , the motor trade is more demanding and savvy about what is being supplied.

The public just see a product that’s cheap and available, and 80% of the time that business model works and that’s how Euro thrive.

Some of the parts supplied are shocking quality, and should any issues arrive then a brick wall of silence and/or months of placation ensue.

My advice is to buy off your local independent parts factor, yes it will be a fiver more expensive but you will have a face to talk too if something goes wrong.
    And as a bonus you will have proper parts, not ones that have been fitted before, rejected, faulty or incorrect