Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ta-ra!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Ta-ra!

Post by buzyg » Thu May 28, 2020 11:04 am

firebobby wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:01 am A Beetle !!
You left us for a Beetle, Greg :wink:
More of a lady bird that one. :wink:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Ta-ra!

Post by enuff_zed » Thu May 28, 2020 11:12 am

firebobby wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:01 am A Beetle !!
You left us for a Beetle, Greg :wink:
Guess he got the bug. :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

greg81

Ta-ra!

Post by greg81 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:14 pm

ooft! feeling the love :rofl:

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Ta-ra!

Post by dr_john » Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm

I did the same, a Boxster!

Good luck, I'm afraid I didn't get on with my Porker for various reasons and soon came back to a Z4.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

greg81

Ta-ra!

Post by greg81 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:05 pm

dr_john wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm I did the same, a Boxster!

Good luck, I'm afraid I didn't get on with my Porker for various reasons and soon came back to a Z4.
Seems to happen. What symptoms should I be looking out for?

Any potential issues were wiped from my mind today when a chap in a new droptop Aston have me a nod and said hello when we were stuck in traffic. All I could thing was...

I'VE MADE IT!!!

:rofl:

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Ta-ra!

Post by dr_john » Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 pm

greg81 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Any potential issues were wiped from my mind today when a chap in a new droptop Aston have me a nod and said hello when we were stuck in traffic. All I could thing was...

I'VE MADE IT!!!

Nice one Greg! A Porsche does have a certain class.

In my case I was swept away by the image TBH, and I bought a brand new Boxster GTS. I quickly found that it didn't suit my advancing years (70+), I really needed something sporty but comfortable and a smooth ride. And easy to get in and out of! Out of curiosity I took a test drive in a new G29 Z4 and realised that, for me, it was the perfect car. I did a PX for the Boxster and never looked back. Lost a shed load of dosh but c'est la vie.

One thing I do miss is that I met up with a lot of great guys on the 718 forum, went to a couple of meets and enjoyed that.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

greg81

Ta-ra!

Post by greg81 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 am

dr_john wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 pm
greg81 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:05 pm

I'VE MADE IT!!!

Nice one Greg! A Porsche does have a certain class.

In my case I was swept away by the image TBH, and I bought a brand new Boxster GTS. I quickly found that it didn't suit my advancing years (70+), I really needed something sporty but comfortable and a smooth ride. And easy to get in and out of! Out of curiosity I took a test drive in a new G29 Z4 and realised that, for me, it was the perfect car. I did a PX for the Boxster and never looked back. Lost a shed load of dosh but c'est la vie.

One thing I do miss is that I met up with a lot of great guys on the 718 forum, went to a couple of meets and enjoyed that.
I can totally see why it may not be for the silver foxes :)

I'm a wee bit further down the scale at 38 so I'm finding the 718 is satisfying my every desire at the moment.

Sport Response is just... Wow!