Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sites to download MP3’s

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
stuartC

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by stuartC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm

7digital.com have high quality music downloads. If I'm buying an album thats my go to site.
Pooltee wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm Afternoon everybody

Hope you are all surfing the lockdown without loosing your minds.

I have decided to build myself a new music library for the Z, but since I am restricted to USB drives only, I will need to download the music in MP3 format.

Now it has been many years since I have had to do this, and previously used sites such as limewire :cry:

What are the recommendations for sites to downloads high quality music from. I have no issue with paying for the downloads, but struggling to find anywhere that seems legitimate.

Cheers in advance.

Paul
3.0si Hellrot Sport Coupe (http://goo.gl/g9N5Kz)
X5 E53 3.0d
https://www.instagram.com/stuartclennett/
Programmer, weight lifter, cyclist, horse rider

Pooltee

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by Pooltee » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Will have a look now thanks mate :thumbsup:
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!

Pbondar

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by Pbondar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 pm

stuartC wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm 7digital.com have high quality music downloads. If I'm buying an album thats my go to site.

I have decided to build myself a new music library for the Z, but since I am restricted to USB drives only, I will need to download the music in MP3 format.

Now it has been many years since I have had to do this, and previously used sites such as limewire :cry:

What are the recommendations for sites to downloads high quality music from. I have no issue with paying for the downloads, but struggling to find anywhere that seems legitimate.

Cheers in advance.

Paul
Where do you as an end user go to on that site?

Jasonn

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by Jasonn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 am

I had a similar (identical) problem with my 2016 - according to some sites it was possible to code it using Bimmercode (hint - it wasn't).

I found a local guy near me (East London/Essex Borders) - I contacted him with my chassis number so he could check whether it was possible (BMW had fitted a combox on some later model years but hadn't enabled it via the coding - probably to make more money). He used a laptop and half an hour later I had Bluetooth streaming from an android phone - might be worth ringing round some BMW coders

stuartC

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by stuartC » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:07 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 pm
stuartC wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm 7digital.com have high quality music downloads. If I'm buying an album thats my go to site.

Cheers in advance.

Paul
Where do you as an end user go to on that site?
My bad - gave you the wrong URL. It's https://uk.7digital.com

Apologies.
3.0si Hellrot Sport Coupe (http://goo.gl/g9N5Kz)
X5 E53 3.0d
https://www.instagram.com/stuartclennett/
Programmer, weight lifter, cyclist, horse rider

Pbondar

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by Pbondar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Ah thanks, was impressed that there was a rich selection of Max Bygraves albums! :thumbsup:

I made the decision to (despite my historical prejudice) stick with iPhones run ALAC through the USB port.

I rip my CDs into ALAC format..I suspect even in my car I'm not going to hear the advantage of a 24bit FLAC over 16 bit FLAC..

NeilP

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by NeilP » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:05 am

Something like this should do the trick and will allow you to stream directly from any device.

You may also require a ground loop supressor if you can hear a whine through the speakers

scootr

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by scootr » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:39 am

My 2010 E89 plays the usb flash drive and the iphone from the console ports. Both itune are loaded.
The idrive seems a bit lost to start but once you make enough selections to get it going it plays through like a champ if I remember right...yes, that's right children, when I was young we used to drive our cars while listening to music to places where we would gather and mingle with one another. :poke:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Roberltd2

Sites to download MP3’s

Post by Roberltd2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 pm

About three or four years ago, I decided to upgrade from an early 3G Huawei phone which, by then had got a bit slow and clunky, but I'd used it a lot to play back audio tracks via the 3.5mm aux jack. However, I just could not get the new Alcatel phone to play the same audio files via the aux line. According to something I read online, this was a safety feature of the phone which would only allow the tracks to be played back through the headsets supplied with the phone. How this worked, I do not know. But within a year or so, I'd managed to trash the Alcatel (which I thought was a bit rubbish anyway), gone back to Huawei and was able to listen to my recorded music once again.
Robert.
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.