Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Strange virus side-effects

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:09 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm Every now and then an odd thought crosses my mind (a perilous journey)

I wonder if we'll see a rise in the population of pheasants, badgers, deer, rabbits etc, now that no-one is out there mowing them down every day?

And will there be a corresponding decrease in the numbers of crows etc that seem to rely on this road-kill as their staple diet.
I was wondering along the same lines,my thoughts were around a lot less pigeons in built up areas,due to lack of junk food left on the streets and less bin waste in these areas
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm

sw4nny wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:09 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm Every now and then an odd thought crosses my mind (a perilous journey)

I wonder if we'll see a rise in the population of pheasants, badgers, deer, rabbits etc, now that no-one is out there mowing them down every day?

And will there be a corresponding decrease in the numbers of crows etc that seem to rely on this road-kill as their staple diet.
I was wondering along the same lines,my thoughts were around a lot less pigeons in built up areas,due to lack of junk food left on the streets and less bin waste in these areas
Nah, all the panic buying food has now been thrown in the bins so they are overflowing with all that stuff now.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:54 pm

pvr wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm
sw4nny wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Nah, all the panic buying food has now been thrown in the bins so they are overflowing with all that stuff now.

I saw those pics what a waste of food and what a bunch of muppets for buying it all :thumbsdown: must admit i did do a couple of beer runs before lock down and they will only end up in the bin when empty :D
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 am

Another side-effect will be my soon to have Corona style haircut by Mrs PVR.

She has been watching youtube and ordered the equipment in.

My self-isolation might last a little longer than for others to, uh, get back to a presentable state :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:54 pm

pvr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 am Another side-effect will be my soon to have Corona style haircut by Mrs PVR.

She has been watching youtube and ordered the equipment in.

My self-isolation might last a little longer than for others to, uh, get back to a presentable state :lol:
Is it just me picturing the start of ‘Full Metal Jacket’ here...... :tumbleweed:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:08 pm

My wife who normally works in A+E in the regional hospital observed that nobody is coming into A+E..it’s empty..it’s normally cluttered with all sorts of people with major issues like I cut my finger etc

They don’t fancy their chances I assume ...

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:08 pm My wife who normally works in A+E in the regional hospital observed that nobody is coming into A+E..it’s empty..it’s normally cluttered with all sorts of people with major issues like I cut my finger etc

They don’t fancy their chances I assume ...
That just proves they were going into A+E unnecessarily I would say - I hope they learn by this and don’t go back to their old ways whee when this is done .
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:27 pm

And some more good news for you Ron.. :tumbleweed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52137001

So if you are an old critter in poor health you'll get bumped (if NHS runs out of capacity) for a younger pup who probably made you ill in the first place...

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:27 pm And some more good news for you Ron.. :tumbleweed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52137001

So if you are an old critter in poor health you'll get bumped (if NHS runs out of capacity) for a younger pup who probably made you ill in the first place...
There’s a cheery thought!
I haven’t been out of the house since the 17th March (apart from one medical appointment)
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:41 pm

I was talking to my niece on the 'phone last night and she had been to Tesco to return an item of clothing that didn't fit, but it seems they are doing any exchanges for 3 months, which is fair enough in the circumstances.

The lady behind her in the queue trying to return 2 packs of 9 toilet rolls "because she didn't need them" wasn't too happy - selfish b*tch. :evil:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Beatman

Post by Beatman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 pm I can see people have far too much time on their hands :poke:

Working from home is not fun when you have Skype for Business, Teams Apps whoever invented these needs something inserting where the sun don't shine :cry:

Tim.
I so agree, :x
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.