Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can i go out for a drive ?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:46 pm

firebobby wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:19 pm While out at work I came across so many long distance types on their bikes, it was almost like a bloody Sunday cycling event. Three of them had the same tops on, so from a club, all sucking in their fellow idiots spittle.
The "no one's telling me what to do" tools :headbang:
As a keen cyclist I don’t get other cyclists who choose to ride directly behind another cyclist. Even if theyre 2m apart following you’re going to breathing in part of the forward riders exhalation. As I understand Covid19 virus particles can survive in still air for days. You only need to breath in one of the millions of virus particles contained in someone else’s saliva/snot/sneeze and bingo, you’re infected!
:headbang:

I’m heading for the quietest roads possible where I live out in the fields around Vleuten and if I encounter anyone else I avoid them like the plague.

I had a rant at some tw@t today for coughing in my direction and not covering his mouth. His response; ‘yeah yeah whatever’. This is in The Netherlands btw. I could have lamped him. Others around me were flabbergasted too.
Darwin was right about survival of the fittest. He didn’t quite go far enough in including the fact that the stupidest will die sooner in his theory too imo!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

PDJ

Post by PDJ » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Was thinking about going out on my bike today but the weather has turned a bit chilly, I am used to a heated velodrome so just stayed in all day bored silly trying to answer tech questions here and watching rally videos on you tube from the GP B days.
30986060087_41f07ace0d_k.jpg
30986060087_41f07ace0d_k.jpg (275.62 KiB) Viewed 950 times
You could come across small groups of riders all from the same household (my son used to race against me but found a girlfriend so stopped racing)

You could also come across a group of idiots but idiots don't all ride bikes some walk some drive cars ride motorbikes the list of idiot types is endless

saj77

Post by saj77 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:00 pm

I think Boris made the biggest mistake saying you can go out for exercise. People see this as an excuse to do all sorts! :headbang:

People will be fine staying in for a few weeks, months even with minimal exercise or alternative home based workouts.

These idiots really need to see the bigger picture and what is actually ESSENTIAL!
06A9B34F-117B-4074-8D6C-CFD1EAB8F07B.jpeg
06A9B34F-117B-4074-8D6C-CFD1EAB8F07B.jpeg (146.69 KiB) Viewed 947 times
08 3.0 SI Roadster - Space Grey / Dream red, Eibachs & B4s, Z4M alignment

obewan

Post by obewan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Game over, no one will beat this for stupidity!

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18342103 ... ton-canal/
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

maxman

Post by maxman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm

[quote=obewan post_id=&lt;a href="tel:<a href="tel:1729295">1729295</a>"&gt;1729295&lt;/a&gt; time=&lt;a href="tel:<a href="tel:1585418892">1585418892</a>"&gt;1585418892&lt;/a&gt; user_id=15011]
Game over, no one will beat this for stupidity!

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18342103 ... ton-canal/
[/quote]

You don't want to bet on that assumption .How the hell did we end up with a nation of so many stupid people? :cry:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Did you hear the 75-y-o woman on Radio Solent (I think)? She'd been out to the shops, a park, God know's where else, then popped in for a chat with her friend, who is 78!!
The presenter was so stunned he almost couldn't form the next question.
Then she told him he was silly, and worrying needlessly. it's all a mess made up by the government.
And even if it is true, well, she's had a good life and doesn't really care about living much longer, so she's not changing her ways for anyone.

At this point the poor presenter said he'd had enough, and cut her off!

FFS, when do we start culling these people?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 pm

We had people coming to our village today, in their cars and then walking their fooking dogs around the common. We are 7 miles away from the nearest large town (High Wycombe) and there are plenty of parks there :headbang:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

scootr

Post by scootr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:38 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm Did you hear the 75-y-o woman on Radio Solent (I think)? She'd been out to the shops, a park, God know's where else, then popped in for a chat with her friend, who is 78!!
The presenter was so stunned he almost couldn't form the next question.
Then she told him he was silly, and worrying needlessly. it's all a mess made up by the government.
And even if it is true, well, she's had a good life and doesn't really care about living much longer, so she's not changing her ways for anyone.

At this point the poor presenter said he'd had enough, and cut her off!

FFS, when do we start culling these people?
As soon as the ventilators are all spoken for.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Chippie wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm Saw the news last night, seems the latest trend is to have children’s party drive bys
Wtf is a children’s party drive by😳
Do you just all drive past the house where the party was supposed to be?
exactly that
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:56 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 pm
Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Chippie wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm Saw the news last night, seems the latest trend is to have children’s party drive bys
Wtf is a children’s party drive by😳
Do you just all drive past the house where the party was supposed to be?
exactly that
I saw that. The nice fluffy happy fkg story at the end ot the news bulletin specifically placed to give you a lift at the end of an otherwise fkg depressing news report.
I just thought it was cringeworthy and dumb beyond belief.
I'm going to slap that smug fkg smirk off Sophie Rayworth's smug face one day. Silly betch!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Well the weather is warming up nicely for the weekend, so l will definitely be out in mine!
Sat on the feckin drive with the roof down drinking a cup of tea.😳
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm

Please don’t shoot me down in flames guys.
But, accepting the fact we have been told to stay home, and only go out in the car for food etc.
Surely there’s more risk of spreading the virus with peoples numerous trips to the supermarket, and yes it’s happening as people are using as a reason to get out for a run in the car.
My point being, if you were able to go out alone in your car for a drive, surely that would be less likely to be spreading the virus.
As there seems to be police moving you on if you stop while out for exercise, if the same rule applied to going out in the car, it may at the very least discourage unnecessary trips to places where others will be.
And yes, I appreciate people will stop for fuel, but if they are going out in the car anyway, they will still be stopping for fuel.
And no I’m not looking for ways around the rules, just looking at alternatives.
And before anyone says it, I know, just stay in.
But I am merely suggesting a leisure option, that may prove less harmful.
It’s clear from the figures today that people are going out in cars more in recent days, so why not control it.
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:58 pm

I would also add, there are huge amounts of people out cycling in groups, walking and yes reasonable distances are there, but how many are out on these walks and cycles that would normally be out for a drive.
I know which I would consider safer.
A busy canal path, or alone in my car.
And I would also be interested to hear if there have been many instances of essential services being called upon, due to people out on an unnecessary journey.
It would only be in the event of an accident, as a breakdown would not involve essential services needed for virus related issues.
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Usually the number of A&E visits increase at Easter as people start doing all sorts of DIY activities and cut themselves, fall of ladders etc.

I guess the number of DIY accidents will be more during the "stay at home" activities now...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:08 am

It doesn’t seem to follow common sense. I live in quite a small town but because nobody is traveling it’s quite people dense in terms of dog walkers, joggers and a lot of families out doing some exercise with their kids. I’d much rather drive a few miles to some deserted woodlands but this seems to be frowned upon. The notion that I might have some kind of novel accident on my way there is rather ridiculous.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.