Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

China...the repercussions

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm

So, listening to some of the language Trump has been using around China it makes me think that at some point soon I can see the US banning all American companies from doing trade with China (Cuba style). To be fair to Trump, if they really did cover this up for a long period without warning the world then I think he would be spot on really. Given how hard it is hitting a lot of Europe, would we as a collective also support banning all form of business with them.

Or could Trump take an even more decisive action :?

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:34 pm

You got to be kidding, Geely (Chinese company who own Volvo and Polestar) are making my next car. :x Seriously though, Trump is capable of starting a cold war. North Korea were determined to show Trump that Americans would not do to them what they did in Iraq, so they fired a few rockets to say, we are no push over. That resolved that potential problem. With China, who knows? They are a big country with smart ideas. Don't like their tea though :(
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:44 pm

China is the world's factory.
Without them making our iPhones, tellies, kettles, pharmaceuticals, electronic components, clothes, amazon stupid-talky-things, ad infinitum, then the world would need to resort to it's own expensive local manufacturing.
Hopefully, it will just be a lot of rhetoric and hot air between Trump and the Chinese. China<>The rest of the world are mutually dependent so I can't see any form of outright trade embargoes happening soon.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Google stopped supporting Huawei mobile phones which effectively stopped me buying one. That worked, albeit on a very small scale.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:34 pm You got to be kidding, Geely (Chinese company who own Volvo and Polestar)
And Lotus, and The London Taxi Company. That's why the new hybrid taxi is built on a Volvo chassis.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:52 pm

And yet we are still letting two Air China flights a day into Heathrow and another into Gatwick - it makes "social distancing" seem a bit pointless. :headbang:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm To be fair to Trump, if they really did cover this up for a long period without warning the world then I think he would be spot on then really.
Cover it up without warning? Trump was calling it a hoax up until just 4 weeks ago. I don’t think he could accuse the Chinese of hiding the gravity of the problem. They very publicly build additional mega hospitals in about a week!
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Darkangelv2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm Trump was calling it a hoax up until just 4 weeks ago
He was buying time for him and his Republicans to share their stocks and shares before the crash.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 pm

NickDE wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm
Darkangelv2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm Trump was calling it a hoax up until just 4 weeks ago
He was buying time for him and his Republicans to share their stocks and shares before the crash.
That I can believe. :thumbsup:

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:34 pm

That’s definitely a reality of this thing. The 1% will be even more powerful and richer when this is all done. :thumbsdown:

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 pm

NickDE wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm
The honourable people? Surely not?!

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:20 am

Darkangelv2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm To be fair to Trump, if they really did cover this up for a long period without warning the world then I think he would be spot on then really.
Cover it up without warning? Trump was calling it a hoax up until just 4 weeks ago. I don’t think he could accuse the Chinese of hiding the gravity of the problem. They very publicly build additional mega hospitals in about a week!
Fake news

He wasnt talking about the virus being a hoax but rather the dems using it to attack him, also he setup a virus taskforce on the 29th of January so its fairly clear he knew it was real... dont listen to the mainstream media :thumbsup:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:53 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:20 am
Darkangelv2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm
Fake news

He wasnt talking about the virus being a hoax but rather the dems using it to attack him, also he setup a virus taskforce on the 29th of January so its fairly clear he knew it was real... dont listen to the mainstream media :thumbsup:
When he's on the mainstream media live he is dangerous though. He's removed Dr Fauci from briefings because he kept contradicting his awful updates.

Someone died yesterday after taking aquarium cleaning tablets because they contained Chloroquine - on the advice of their president! The guy is not just stupid he's dangerous and maleficent!

He announced they have 500 MILLION masks ordered - neglecting to say it'll take 18 months for it to be fulfilled in full. The naval ships he said they were placing on each coast are not even operational in the traditional sense let alone ready to act as hospitals/quarantine etc.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Darkangelv2 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:53 am When he's on the mainstream media live he is dangerous though. He's removed Dr Fauci from briefings because he kept contradicting his awful updates.

Someone died yesterday after taking aquarium cleaning tablets because they contained Chloroquine - on the advice of their president! The guy is not just stupid he's dangerous and maleficent!

He announced they have 500 MILLION masks ordered - neglecting to say it'll take 18 months for it to be fulfilled in full. The naval ships he said they were placing on each coast are not even operational in the traditional sense let alone ready to act as hospitals/quarantine etc.
Again, Fake News

Both Trump and Fauci have over the last 24hrs spoke of unity and there has been no official removal so what you're doing there is pure speculation.

At no point did trump give anyone advice to take Chloroquine, he was talking about the reports that suggest it has positive effects for COVID-19 and he was being optimistic about it (overly optimistic? sure but he actually asked Fauci to speak on it at the press conference). Id strongly suggest watching these things in full and unedited, its incredibly simple to make it appear that Trump said something that he didnt when you cut things out of context.

As for the boats, again, fake news. The Mercy and the Comfort are the two ships, the Comfort is currently undergoing maintenance which is being expedited however the Mercy has already departed and is en-route to provide support. Further, these ships arent for COVID patients, they are being sent to take non covid patients to remove them from the system to allow the on land hospitals etc to take more COVID patients.

As for the masks, firstly, obviously, you canny just snap your fingers and make 500million masks appear ready for shipping... come on.
The figure is based on an order that the US Gov has placed, these will come from existing production and in order to secure orders for US based companies that will be producing the masks moving forward (currently the vast majority are sourced from..... China)

All this information is out there, you just have to look for it. The MSM cannot be trusted to tell the truth, they dont report news they tell stories that fit their political and social biases. The sooner it dies the better. :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 pm

I listened to trump directly. He said a week for the ships. I look forward to seeing them ready on Saturday!

Again, I heard him directly talk about Chloroquine - this is highly speculative and leads to confusion. You shouldn’t have to research what the president actually means when he says something. One of the reasons people say they voted for him is they can understand him!

You say optimism. I see it as peddling false hope that he knows isn’t possible or is at best disingenuous.