Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Virus worries

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

I’ve got a ferry booked for Germany in July - I’ve think that’s not going to happen. It’s a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Virus worries

Post by firebobby » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:33 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 am
Andrew Sheldon wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:59 am I live in France along with my daughter and my grandchildren. She kept them away from school today as a precaution, the school rang her to warn her not to do this, and being quite rood and threatening in their approach. My daughter told them where to get off btw. Later in the day Macron announced all schools and colleges will be shut as from Monday. The mindset of people can be so blinkered and narrow minded.
It worries me that the UK isn't following suite on this one, Boris and his cronies are playing a risky game of wait and see, hoping the warmer weather will come to their rescue...
Boris and his cronies...?? You mean the up to date scientists that know as much as there is to know about this thing as possible that are working flat out night and day to find a cure for everyone including YOU..?? :roll: What a way to speak about folk that are doing their utmost to help others. If you know better than them I’m sure they’ll be only too pleased to hear what they don’t know. Being political about it is ridiculous. If you listened to what they said they’re wanting warmer weather so the usual winter flu and colds will be less to ease strain on the NHS, that’s hardly waiting for it to come to their rescue. Plus warmer weather should slow the virus down a little, nothing wrong with any help they can get is there? Or should they have all the answers right now and a cure right now or people are going to stamp their little feet in disgust. Waiting for the right time to shut places was explained in full backed up by as much as anyone can know, sounded perfectly logical to me, but then I did listen to the whole press conference rather than read the Daily Mirror for facts.....Fact is nobody, the globe over, knows if what they’re doing is correct or not, uncharted waters, there’s no guide book out.
Well put John :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Virus worries

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:21 pm :rofl: :thumbsup: it wasn’t intended!

I could have said the Wongs !
Nothing Wong with a bit of accidental humour. Tis much needed at the moment. :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Virus worries

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:16 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm I’ve got a ferry booked for Germany in July - I’ve think that’s not going to happen. It’s a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
There may be much to pay for many of us before this is over. I just hope it's only financial. Our son is booked to fly over from New Zealand in May. We all except that's not going to happen now. Another friend and grand mother, was due to fly out to Disneyland Florida, for a three generation family holiday of a life time. All cancelled today, but still likely to cost them the Air fairs. As long as it only costs us money we will be fine. This virus is killing 10's of thousands already and it has a lot more places to spread to yet. Many of those places have no first world NHS. Stay healthy folks. :)

Al N

Virus worries

Post by Al N » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Myself and 5 mates were booked to go to Spain on Sunday, not now since its locked down as of midnight tonight. Bit of a shitter tbh, was looking forward to it :(
Maldives blue E85 3.0
Porsche 944 s2 cabriolet
Jaguar xtype 2.0 D sport

scootr

Virus worries

Post by scootr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:19 am

I think we are all being a bit over prudent but I'm not against that. At least not until I can find an TP or water :cry: I'm pretty sure now I'm more in danger of dying from an encrusted bum and water deprivation than a virus :?
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

greg81

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:25 am

scootr wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:19 am I think we are all being a bit over prudent but I'm not against that. At least not until I can find an TP or water :cry: I'm pretty sure now I'm more in danger of dying from an encrusted bum and water deprivation than a virus :?
Just clean yet bum the Saudi way!

AnilS

Virus worries

Post by AnilS » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 am

Our son has tickets to Glastonbury.

I'm guessing that may get cancelled too. :?
E86 Si Auto Coupe in Ruby Black.

Andrew Sheldon

Virus worries

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 am

crony

NOUN
cronies (plural noun)
a close friend or companion.
"he went gambling with his cronies"
synonyms:
friend · best friend · companion · boon companion · intimate · familiar · confidant(e) · alter ego · second self · comrade · associate · confederate · compatriot · colleague · workmate · co-worker · pal · chum · bosom chum · buddy · bosom buddy · spar · cully

Why have the majority of European countries shut their schools and colleges..... bad scientists I guess.... Its common sense..
Yes there are repercussions from this action, working parents may leave their children with the grandparents a more at risk sector... There are no clear cut answers but some are more obvious than others in tackling this virus and some things should be done sooner rather than later....

greg81

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:44 am

AnilS wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 am Our son has tickets to Glastonbury.

I'm guessing that may get cancelled too. :?
I'd personally work on the assumption that everything in the next 6-9 months will likely be cancelled, which is a pain since we've already forked out £6k for a holiday to South Africa in July :(

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:08 am

Countries are trying to stop/slow the spread by various methods - we need to see which method seems to work.

The current regime I feel is as much to protect money and the institutions as protecting the population.
Ie football was ok until one of the clubs assets got the lurgy then big teams stopped !

No matter what the correct approach, won’t the virus still be lurking around ready to pop up when things hopefully get to a more normal state?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Virus worries

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:26 am

ronk wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:08 am Countries are trying to stop/slow the spread by various methods - we need to see which method seems to work.

The current regime I feel is as much to protect money and the institutions as protecting the population.
Ie football was ok until one of the clubs assets got the lurgy then big teams stopped !

No matter what the correct approach, won’t the virus still be lurking around ready to pop up when things hopefully get to a more normal state?
I agree UK government appear to be trying to minimise damage to the economy Vs damage to populace. That is kind of the job of government is it not though. Let us all hope they get it right.

greg81

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:34 am

Loss of life is obviously tragic and should be avoided at all costs, but you absolutely MUST also focus on the economic impact as severely increased poverty and further loss of life will be the result of not doing so.

Let the right people worry about health and the right people worry about money. Everyone is doing their best

greg81

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 am

Biggest trouble is everyone hears little snippets from the media and grasps on to them. It's like a duck on the water. Looks all peaceful to us but under the water it's legs are going crazy

Crazy Harry

Virus worries

Post by Crazy Harry » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:03 pm

greg81 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 am Biggest trouble is everyone hears little snippets from the media and grasps on to them. It's like a duck on the water. Looks all peaceful to us but under the water it's legs are going crazy
Welcome to social media and the data age where everyone's an expert and everyone's concerned with how they; and they alone are impacted. Just because it appears on screen in social media doesn't make it right or even true.

Close schools (and that was my expert field for the best part of 40 years) and you take out around 25% of the workforce for child care - just look at the kick back for snow closures and teacher strike days. Of course we could always ask one of the vulnerable groups (grandparents) to child mind!

The longer the population works the longer the lights stay on; petrol and food get to supermarkets and those who are well enough can carry on working. In the end I guess almost all of us will need to catch it to prevent it returning as another epidemic. First thing I'd do is turn off the internet :lol: