Virus worries

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Post Reply
User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:09 pm

Can anybody see a good outcome?

As a 72yr old with diabetes I'm struggling to identify one!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
BeeEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am
Location: Romford

Virus worries

Post by BeeEmm » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:23 pm

As another 72 year old who has consumed a bottle of Champagne and watched Manchester United win 5-0, I am feeling on top of the world. Life is wonderful. :D
"Why was everyone else going so slowly?" - Jim Clark 15 June 1956 after his very first race.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7028
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Virus worries

Post by john-e89 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:26 pm

ronk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Can anybody see a good outcome?

As a 72yr old with diabetes I'm struggling to identify one!
I think you’ve just got to be very careful with your movements and hygiene Ronk, they don’t know the virus 100% but from what is known it’s likely you would be ok after a week or so unless you have quite severe respiratory problems at your age. I’ve not read or heard anything that diabetes has any bearing on it. This thing is here to stay but hopefully there will be a vaccine by this time next year and dealt with like the flu.
M roady
E89 35is
MR2 mk 2

Just too many toys.....

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Diabetes has been mentioned - but I agree, hygiene is a fundamental and avoid public transport.
Oh and some of that Scottish wine will help!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm

ronk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Diabetes has been mentioned - but I agree, hygiene is a fundamental and avoid public transport.
Oh and some of that Scottish wine will help!
I hope you mean Buckfast

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 pm

greg81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm
ronk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Diabetes has been mentioned - but I agree, hygiene is a fundamental and avoid public transport.
Oh and some of that Scottish wine will help!
I hope you mean Buckfast
LOL :rofl:
No the distilled Scottish wine . :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm

I must admit I'm partial to a little Buckfast every now and then :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7028
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Virus worries

Post by john-e89 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 pm

The first question to be asked after the press conference today was mind bogglingly stupid from Laura Kussenberg, essentially...”What if you get it it wrong”? What if they do..?? I don’t see a crystal ball telling them the future..! To my mind it was a very level headed, very well thought out response form Boris and the scientists, of course the idiot press will no doubt slate it for the money but that’s to be expected of course, even in this pandemic the scum want to spread stupidity.
M roady
E89 35is
MR2 mk 2

Just too many toys.....

User avatar
dr_john
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2089
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:20 pm
Location: Barrow Upon Soar

Virus worries

Post by dr_john » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:46 pm

I'm 72 also, pretty much fit and healthy so I'm expecting it to be much like a dose of normal flu if I'm unlucky enough to cop it. I hadn't heard of any complications due to diabetes.
G29 2.0 Sport auto with Technology pack

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm

greg81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
I must admit I'm partial to a little Buckfast every now and then :)
I have to admit after all my travels over Hadrians wall that I've never tried it!
Plenty Haggis. tatties and neeps - but no Buckfast ! (Yet :rofl: )
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:49 pm

ronk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm
greg81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
I must admit I'm partial to a little Buckfast every now and then :)
I have to admit after all my travels over Hadrians wall that I've never tried it!
Plenty Haggis. tatties and neeps - but no Buckfast ! (Yet :rofl: )
get yourself a "hawf boattle" First perfectly into your back pocket :rofl:

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 pm

dr_john wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:46 pm
I'm 72 also, pretty much fit and healthy so I'm expecting it to be much like a dose of normal flu if I'm unlucky enough to cop it. I hadn't heard of any complications due to diabetes.
From Diabetes UK:-
Specific advice on coronavirus for people living with diabetes
Coronaviruses can cause more severe symptoms and complications in people with diabetes, as well as in older people, and those with other long term conditions such as cancer or chronic lung disease.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10467
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Virus worries

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:55 pm

greg81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:49 pm
get yourself a "hawf boattle" First perfectly into your back pocket :rofl:
LOL - Does it come with a brown paper bag ?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Virus worries

Post by greg81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:06 pm

ronk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:55 pm
greg81 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:49 pm
get yourself a "hawf boattle" First perfectly into your back pocket :rofl:
LOL - Does it come with a brown paper bag ?
Nah, better for the environment :thumbsup:

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6797
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Virus worries

Post by TitanTim » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 pm

It many ways all of this is quite surreal as we have pretty much lived in a society all our lives feeling safe from viuses and the like. I can get now how frightened people who were about 100s of years ago must have felt with the likes if the plague, black death etc where they had nothing compared to today, no help, no advice etc. Although we live in a modern society it shows how fragile we are and how quickly things can go downhill. I'm amazed something like hasn't happened sooner to be honest as I think we have become too complacent.

The positive is if you do get the virus is not an automatic death sentence but worrying all the same for certain people.

I'm following the Dutch Prime ministers advice :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjU5-hlOqdQ

Tim.
Image

Post Reply