Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Off-putting things people say in car adverts

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Immaculate/mint/perfect/flawless (and just the one, blind owner).
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 am

"Priced to sell" - as opposed to what? Priced to induce derision? :headbang:
And this is a bit of a digression, but a recent print ad really pushed the wrong buttons for me. It is of a rooftop carpark at night, completely empty except for one car and a man walking towards it, (I think it was a Porsche - but insert any higher end sports car if you like) and the message "Worth it" or something similar. All it says to me is that this guy has slaved his guts out day in day out, working harder and longer than anyone else in the office, giving up god knows what to get to where he can buy an expensive 'status' car. He will now drive home in the dark, either to an empty flat, or a cold dinner and a colder shoulder in bed, only to get up at sparrow's fart the next day to do it all again....
Bleak, and didn't make me want to buy that car one bit :(
Or maybe I just read too much into it :wink:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:07 am

enzed4 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 am "Priced to sell" - as opposed to what? Priced to induce derision? :headbang:
And this is a bit of a digression, but a recent print ad really pushed the wrong buttons for me. It is of a rooftop carpark at night, completely empty except for one car and a man walking towards it, (I think it was a Porsche - but insert any higher end sports car if you like) and the message "Worth it" or something similar. All it says to me is that this guy has slaved his guts out day in day out, working harder and longer than anyone else in the office, giving up god knows what to get to where he can buy an expensive 'status' car. He will now drive home in the dark, either to an empty flat, or a cold dinner and a colder shoulder in bed, only to get up at sparrow's fart the next day to do it all again....
Bleak, and didn't make me want to buy that car one bit :(
Or maybe I just read too much into it :wink:
Or its just a sad reflection of the parking habits most of us have to avoid car park dings on a night out :lol:

Mavster

Post by Mavster » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:41 pm

I laugh at the ones that say something like "maintained regardless of cost" then list out things wrong that they didn't have time to fix like a wheel refurb or a service overdue
E89 35iS

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Mavster wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:41 pm I laugh at the ones that say something like "maintained regardless of cost" then list out things wrong that they didn't have time to fix like a wheel refurb or a service overdue
Hah, yeah should be “both maintained and neglected with equal disregard for cost”.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Andrew Sheldon

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:28 am

Dare I say it...……1 Lady owner from new...…….. ermm…. are they that much better than men drivers......

baconJazz

Post by baconJazz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 am

" mature owner " " Never been driven hard " (How do they know how the previous 4+ owners have driven it)
2007 3.0si sport e86 coupe Black Sapphire 93k and rising at approx 2k a year.

Mazda mx5 mk3
Fiesta ST
Subaru WRX Blob eye
Mini Cooper S JCW
Mx5 mk1
Ford Puma.
Opel Manta GTE (1984)
Mk 1 Ford Capri 1.6 GT (1973)
Austin Maxi 1750 HL (269 BC)