Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPhone purchase

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

iPhone purchase

Post by ronk » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Where do I buy my iPhone?
I always buy my iPhone and get a SIM card deal - this normally works out best for me.

The price of my chosen handset is £1299 - Apple fixed price (should that be “price fix?)

Do I buy from the Apple store with a 1 year warrant or Stormfront who offer a three year warranty but who are limited to what repairs they can do in store?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

scootr

iPhone purchase

Post by scootr » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:48 am

I will bet most iphones require no repairs except for the occasional screen replacement from careless abuse.
I got mine from my service provider. It was a small fee added onto my monthly service contract. Where ever you buy get insurance.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

iPhone purchase

Post by mmm-five » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 am

Sounds like you're after a 256gb iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Pity they're too new to be in the refurb store, otherwise I would have suggested that.

If Stormfront are an official reseller/service centre, then what they can repair in store will probably be no different than what can be done in an Apple Store - even the Apple Store sends some things away...or just replaces items they can't fix on the premises.

If Stormfront are a proper reseller/service centre then it's a no brainer to go with the reseller.

Just to be clear though, the only iPhone that I've ever had repaired was an iPhone 6, where I took advantage of the cheap battery replacement before I traded it in. None of my other iPhones (3, 4, 5s, 6s, 8) have ever gone wrong or been damaged (due to being in cases/covers from day 1).
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Tinker15

iPhone purchase

Post by Tinker15 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 am

Stormfront are a Apple premium reseller so I would have no hesitation going with them. My current iPhone is an XS and I got a good online deal via Three a couple of months before they launched 11. My previous 8 I purchased through Apple when they were doing a 2 year interest free deal which included AppleCare. My first iPhone was a 4 (which I still have) and I’ve sold a 5 and have a 6 for sale on eBay. They all still work and none of them have ever given me any trouble. Yes, they are expensive but I guess you get what you pay for!
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D
TVR Chimaera 450 (now sold)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

iPhone purchase

Post by ronk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 pm

I eventually bought an 11Pro Max (256Gb) from the Apple store in Newcastle - I bought it on a two year interest free deal - I also got a new two year sim only deal £3.40 a month cheaper (Three)

Next task - sell the 6s rather than leave it in the drawer!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: