Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SNP - mad as a box of frogs

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:38 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:06 pm BeeEmm wrote: ↑14 Oct 2019 13:26
What Scotland does today, England will do in 3 years time.
Oh dear. I won't book any world cup tickets then.
:rofl:
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Jamie25

Post by Jamie25 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:04 pm

The help is there, but in very limited form. Just like help is available for those who suffer mental health issues, but for any who've been unfortunate enough to have to use that help, it's woefully under funded.

As to the harm caused by drugs, what is that exactly, save those created thorough drugs being illegal. You mentioned carrot and stick. The issue is that with the current system there really is no carrot or stick. Yes the law is a stick for some, but not for a good proportion of the population who routinely use recreational drugs and for those with an addiction and/or any convictions, what deterant is there.

As you say, a very complicated issue with no right or wrong answer. But if we've been trying to tackle the issue in the same way for over fifty years and the situation hasn't improved, is it sensible to continue with the same approach which all evidence suggests has never worked. Or is it time to try a new approach that the available evidence shows has worked.

I think people will always want to take drugs. Should that fact make them criminals? Hmmm. Complicated.
E85 3.0 M54 Titanium Silver. 88k. Cotteswolds.

teamemmenracing

Post by teamemmenracing » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:19 am

Other European countries did this years ago .......... end result is number of users and abusers has dropped through the floor and street prices for drugs is next to nothing, making it unattractive to Drug Lords .....
"........it seemed like a good idea at the time yer honour ......"

BMW Z4 - A Big Red One