Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Virgin Media - How cheap it is!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
philiph

Post by philiph » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Having finally caught up with the task of clearing all the unwanted post from the door mat and spam emails, I notice the one way ratchet of the cost of Virgin Media. The unscrupulous scavengers had upped my monthly bill to £52.00 pcm over time.

On Sunday I rang to cancel. They can (as we all know) offer a better deal. £35? No. £30? No, I want to cancel, not get a better deal. I was put through to cancellations, who promptly and annoyingly offer more deals.
No, you are cancellations. I don't want to stay with your rip off company. CANCELATION.... At last they understand.

On Monday they phone me. Now they are offering £17.00 pcm. That is cheap, but I don't want it. I don't want Virgin. Eventually they understand that a ripped off customer can't always be bribed, and cancellation is under way.

The point?

I promised them I would let as many people as possible know that Virgin will supply Broadband for £17.00 If you are paying more, get in there and complain.

Should anyone wish to pass on the message from Virgin that they do Broadband for £17.00, please do so. It needs to be publicised more.
2017 Estoril Blue 2.0 Z4
Good spec, Only 2 pedals but other bits added to make up for that omission

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:35 pm

I would love to do this - however, if they are well informed they will know that without them i am stuck with a 2MB phone line! :(

I suppose i should try. I too am paying £35 for just broadband, no phone
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

djstan

Post by djstan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Check your coverage for Three - I currently have Three HomeFi instead of wired broadband - I get approx. 30Mbps and unlimited data for £27 per month (can be £21pm if you go for a longer contract)
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 pm

£52 a month for broadband (originally)? That's disgusting!

My entire sky package (movies, sky premier league, multiroom, broadband, phone line) is £64 at the moment. They upped it to £96.50 before I rang to cancel. Thieves :thumbsdown:

I could've probably got it cheaper but I couldn't be bothered arguing. It was a simple 5 minute call, so happy with that.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm

They have a very simple business model.....just follow what insurance companies do.... :roll:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

maxman

Post by maxman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:21 pm

They were going to increase our package to £88 per month,contacted them with the threat of moving over to sky.The dropped the price to £64

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 pm

I really need to find an alternative to BT - they are charging me £51.29 for just line rental and Broadband! :headbang:

But I won't be going to Virgin - my area isn't cabled yet!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 pm

I’m with Virgin too and after they put the price up by notice of letter last month I tried on SEVEN occasions to call them all at various times of the day but found them impossible to contact. Incredibly frustrating, even downloaded the mobile app as they said you can get live chat on there if you can’t get through by phone....guess what....full of f*cking robots, the real people don’t respond. I am not exaggerating that I have wasted over 5 hours trying to contact this ridiculous excuse for a company. Their customer service is truly appalling. And I though B f*cking T were bad.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Loved cancelling my sky package- they had upped basic tv and broadband (only able to give 4mb) to £65pcm.
Usual reduction offer one after another on the phone and even when it all cancelled they sent a letter saying please come back offering even less. Most therapeutic thing, don’t miss it and have great bb with talk talk for a fraction of the cost!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

philiph

Post by philiph » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Which number are you using?
03454541111 worked for me.
2017 Estoril Blue 2.0 Z4
Good spec, Only 2 pedals but other bits added to make up for that omission

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:39 pm

I must be alone in this, but in a world where businesses are going bust because of a lack of funds - why shouldn't a service provider increase costs regularly?

I pay £40 a month for Virgin here - just BB as we now use VOIP for landline. Alternative providers can't come close to that for the speed (213 down 20 up) and reliability I get with that. Big beef of mine with other providers is when there is a problem they can't fix it directly themselves because they don't own the line. I'm willing to pay a little extra to have the people I pay come fix it...

maybe I'm just getting old...
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:10 pm

gannet wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:39 pm I must be alone in this, but in a world where businesses are going bust because of a lack of funds - why shouldn't a service provider increase costs regularly?

I pay £40 a month for Virgin here - just BB as we now use VOIP for landline. Alternative providers can't come close to that for the speed (213 down 20 up) and reliability I get with that. Big beef of mine with other providers is when there is a problem they can't fix it directly themselves because they don't own the line. I'm willing to pay a little extra to have the people I pay come fix it...

maybe I'm just getting old...
The issue is that they throw deals at new customers, but refuse to automatically give existing customers a deal until you try and ring them and haggle. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Unfortunately loyalty doesn't count for anything these days.

Ringing someone is a big deal for me as I suffer from phone anxiety. I never knew this was even a thing until recently. I absolutely hate it, I have to work myself up to be able to call a stranger. Yes it's incredibly weird and no I don't understand why I'm like this :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:18 pm

ben g wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:10 pm The issue is that they throw deals at new customers, but refuse to automatically give existing customers a deal until you try and ring them and haggle. It shouldn't have to be that way.
But aren't they all like this? - certainly have been in my experience.
ben g wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:10 pm Ringing someone is a big deal for me as I suffer from phone anxiety. I never knew this was even a thing until recently. I absolutely hate it, I have to work myself up to be able to call a stranger. Yes it's incredibly weird and no I don't understand why I'm like this
That is unfortunate and must be quite challenging.
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:20 pm

The new/existing customer price gouging may be coming to and end (but may just mean new customer offers are not as good as they were),..

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/09/no-mo ... g-to-quit/
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

djstan

Post by djstan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:11 am

ben g wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:10 pm Ringing someone is a big deal for me as I suffer from phone anxiety. I never knew this was even a thing until recently. I absolutely hate it, I have to work myself up to be able to call a stranger. Yes it's incredibly weird and no I don't understand why I'm like this :lol:
I feel your pain - I get this too. You're not alone!
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey