Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Expert on consumer law

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
oldgit

Expert on consumer law

Post by oldgit » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Over 5 months ago I signed an agreement to part exchange my other car - not the Z4 - and I am still waiting. I was told that the car had to be registered in this country, which took over 4 months. I was then told that there was a warning light on the dashboard and that the car needed a new part which they were going to obtain over a week ago.
I have lost interest in the car. The agreement refers to terms and conditions overleaf, but the other side of the agreement is blank.
Does anyone know if a court would consider 5 months to be a reasonable length of time to wait for a car that is advertised for sale?

ihadablackdog

Expert on consumer law

Post by ihadablackdog » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm

Isn't there a clause on AUC contracts that says the customer has to collect the car within 1 month of the sale? Not sure, but it rings a bell.

Might be something similar that would work for you? Might be different for different garages etc.

You say agreed to part ex your car for the new one? Can you be held to that, as part ex is just part payment, so no new car means you don't pay and can walk away?
2011 E89 sDrive20i