Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Was I wrong to do this?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
noiseboy72

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by noiseboy72 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:53 pm

So twice while out today I ended up undertaking people in dubious circumstances, but would you have done the same?

1: I was following a an Audi Q3 along a single carriageway road up to a roundabout. I was turning left, so indicated and stayed in the left hand lane. The Q3 didn't indicate but drifted into the middle lane as if going straight on as he entered the roundabout. As the roundabout was clear, I undertook the lumbering mini SUV, booted it and exited the roundabout. Looking in the mirror I saw that the Q3 was now behind me, having used the middle lane to turn left, using lane 2 on the roundabout exit and filtering back in as it ended. In hindsight, I think he was going too quickly as he entered the roundabout to make the inside lane and had under-steered into the middle lane. Would you have waited for him to sort himself or just have mouthed "t**t" and carried on? The danger being that he could cut back inside if he was not expecting me to be there?

2: At a right hand junction - signal controlled, there's a very short turn lane due to another minor junction to the left just before the lights - so traffic coming towards you has a filter lane and tiny ghost island. There's a car ahead that is in the right turn lane. leaving about enough room for 1 more car (It's really that short!) before the oncoming turn lane and another car just ahead of me is indicating right and is in the middle of the road, but waiting before the ghost island. There's shops and off road parking opposite at this point, so I assume she is waiting to turn into one of those spaces. I undertake her and join the filter lane, turning right shortly afterwards. I look in my mirror to see her following! Would you have waited behind her to see if she was turning right at the junction or was I just being impatient??

Comments welcome :)
E85 2.5si Sport in dark blue. Calibre CC S wheels

What could possibly go wrong!

road warrior

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by road warrior » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:02 pm

rightly or wrongly i do things like that all their time, in a perfect world you should wait i suppose but many are shocking drivers and often oblivious of anybody else , so really the only issue is that that they do something even sillier and drive into you because they don't know your there and believe me our little zed is low, and many just don't see us.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by buzyg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:32 pm

No saints here either. Though I am far more patient than most. :wink:

bz4kev

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by bz4kev » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 pm

No to be fair probably would do the same but as above being very careful as we are often not spotted but the 30ltr grunt usually gets you out of some sticky situations :rofl: :driving: :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:51 pm

I'd probably do the same as well. :wink:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by firebobby » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Terrible drivers the lot of you :telloff: :telloff: :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by ben g » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:58 pm

If I looked back at some of the stuff I've done in my time, there's plenty of situations where I could've been saying bye to this world :lol:

No point worrying about it now. Forget about it and move on with life. 90% of drivers on the road are oblivious to anything around them, so do what you need to do :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Vonlipvig

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by Vonlipvig » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:05 pm

I will normally be patient but that only goes so far. The worst example lately is the roundabout before stonehenge on the A303 going eastbound.

Both lanes leading up to it go straight on, left hand lane onto the left lane on the roundabout and right hand lane into the middle lane. What happens is everyone forces into the middle lane on the roundabout. This means the left hand lane on it is clear so I always cut through this, as you are supposed to do, but you have to keep an eye out for people suddenly realising where they should be. Also get plenty of dirty looks doing it as well :rofl:
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

oldgitdave

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by oldgitdave » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Well yes but lane discipline is, quite frankly shocking these days. If I see a space whilst turning left, or right come to that I'm at it like a rat up a drain pipe.
I like to use the inside lane on a motorway too so will creep past those t**ts that want to do 65-70mph in the middle & overtaking lane when there's no traffic on the inside lanes :evil: . I reckon Boris Trump should make under taking legal over here like the USA. It works well over there :thumbsup: .
Zedless :(

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by john-e89 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Bit heavy for a Sat night no...? :o

Get some jollop down ones neck and divvent worry about it.... :cheers: :drinkwine: :crazydude:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm

oldgitdave wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 pm Well yes but lane discipline is, quite frankly shocking these days. If I see a space whilst turning left, or right come to that I'm at it like a rat up a drain pipe.
I like to use the inside lane on a motorway too so will creep past those t**ts that want to do 65-70mph in the middle & overtaking lane when there's no traffic on the inside lanes . I reckon Boris Trump should make under taking legal over here like the USA. It works well over there .
You're so right about lane discipline!

I often come home on the M3 which is a "Smart" Motorway on the part I use between J2 and J4.

The inside lane of 4 becomes a slip-road at each junction and for some reason nearly everyone joining it at J3 seems to feel the need to move into the 2nd lane, even if they are only doing 50 mph. :banghead:

We really do need passing on either side - and a higher speed limit! If only. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by Jembo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 pm

None of us are Angels, so suggest you always weigh up your surroundings for the likelihood of being caught on Rozzer TV.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 pm None of us are Angels, so suggest you always weigh up your surroundings for the likelihood of being caught on Rozzer TV.
To be honest I'm starting to be more concerned about numpty dash-cam TV. :(
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Was I wrong to do this?

Post by ben g » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:19 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm
oldgitdave wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 pm Well yes but lane discipline is, quite frankly shocking these days. If I see a space whilst turning left, or right come to that I'm at it like a rat up a drain pipe.
I like to use the inside lane on a motorway too so will creep past those t**ts that want to do 65-70mph in the middle & overtaking lane when there's no traffic on the inside lanes . I reckon Boris Trump should make under taking legal over here like the USA. It works well over there .
You're so right about lane discipline!

I often come home on the M3 which is a "Smart" Motorway on the part I use between J2 and J4.

The inside lane of 4 becomes a slip-road at each junction and for some reason nearly everyone joining it at J3 seems to feel the need to move into the 2nd lane, even if they are only doing 50 mph. :banghead:

We really do need passing on either side - and a higher speed limit! If only. :lol:
Same idea on the M1, but some people are so stupid they don't understand that you can use the hard shoulder as a lane. It even says so on the gantry :lol:

Problem is, I've seen a few people still using the hard shoulder when the gantry says it's no longer available as a lane :lol: I had to laugh at that. Absolute idiots these days.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.