Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cyclists can f*ck off. More Clarkson rantings :D

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Maybe on the pavement is free but on the road costs insurance
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 pm

ihadablackdog wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm I think cycle insurance (3rd party etc) should be available for any age and mandatory to go on a public highway.

Seems like common sense to me.

Oh, and wearing helmets should be mandatory.
didnt someone prove cycle hats are useless ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 pm

road warrior wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 pm
ihadablackdog wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm I think cycle insurance (3rd party etc) should be available for any age and mandatory to go on a public highway.

didnt someone prove cycle hats are useless ?
With the right "spin" anything can be proven useless....in certain accidents, seat belts could cause problems.

Sure, a helmet won't stop lots of issues but I'd rather wear one than not. Especially if my head is going to crash into a kerb etc.

I'm sure that they have also been proven to be life savers.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 pm

And lights at night
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

wonkydonkey

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 pm

firebobby wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 pmAnd lights at night
Already a legal requirement :) In much the same way as millions of motorists can't be arsed to use their indicators or turn their lights on in low light levels, many cyclists forget/neglect to use their lights.
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:53 pm

....and let’s not forget stopping at red lights!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Silverstar wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:40 pm A lot of what Clarkson says in that video makes total sense only the idiots in governments can't see that. A couple of years ago an idiot on a bike crashed into my stationery immaculate E46 causing over 300 euros of damage and no longer being immaculate!. Did he have insurance? No! did he have money to pay for the damage? No! did he in the end make good my car? No! Moral of the story is if cyclists want to use the same roads as other vehicles they should have to pay the same as other vehicles being road tax and insurance. At least the idiot ended up in pain serves the t**t right!
It's called Vehicle Excise Duty in the UK and is payable (generally, certain exceptions granted) based on the amount of air-carried pollution that your vehicle kicks out. Whilst you might consider cyclists themselves as pollution and still maintain that they should pay the same as everyone else, I'm not sure everyone would agree.

Of course bikes will hit cars occasionally and it is unfortunate when it happens, especially to your car. Most sensible cyclists have insurance; I certainly do, its just common sense in my view.

Clarkson, whilst previously occasionally amusing, is now old news/fake news and a bell end all rolled into one - albeit a very well off one.

Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 pm

stevo///m3 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:09 pm
Silverstar wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:40 pm A lot of what Clarkson says in that video makes total sense only the idiots in governments can't see that. A couple of years ago an idiot on a bike crashed into my stationery immaculate E46 causing over 300 euros of damage and no longer being immaculate!. Did he have insurance? No! did he have money to pay for the damage? No! did he in the end make good my car? No! Moral of the story is if cyclists want to use the same roads as other vehicles they should have to pay the same as other vehicles being road tax and insurance. At least the idiot ended up in pain serves the t**t right!
It's called Vehicle Excise Duty in the UK and is payable (generally, certain exceptions granted) based on the amount of air-carried pollution that your vehicle kicks out. Whilst you might consider cyclists themselves as pollution and still maintain that they should pay the same as everyone else, I'm not sure everyone would agree.

Of course bikes will hit cars occasionally and it is unfortunate when it happens, especially to your car. Most sensible cyclists have insurance; I certainly do, its just common sense in my view.

Clarkson, whilst previously occasionally amusing, is now old news/fake news and a bell end all rolled into one - albeit a very well off one.

Stevo
opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, he speaks very highly of you too - at the end of the day its simply jealously, people will pay for his opinions while nobody wants yours and that niggles you. nothing he does or say in his life will ever affect you in any way, your unlikely to ever meet him in the same way i won't either, There are millions of people who like him including myself, because i get him, he doesn't pretend to be an expert but plays the buffoon, but he is clever and funny and if you take everything he says with a pinch of salt and realise he is simply entertainment and not take him seriously you might get it too . Live and let live eh.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 pm You can’t buy insurance until you’re 18 for one thing though...not very nice banning under 18’s from cycling is it...
the insurance companies must be spitting blood about not being able to bleed kids of their pocket money and their parents. :D

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Silly comment about cyclists paying insurance to use the roads imho, where do you draw the line? Mums with pushchairs walking down a village road with no pavements carelessly catching a parked car with the buggy, should they pay? Kids on bikes, scooters, walkers with rucksacks...etc, etc,...it’s part of life I’m afraid that some folk don’t pay attention at times, you just have to suck it up and not let it ruin your week.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:09 pm

The chap that crashed into my car wasn't wearing a helmet. He and his bike went flying in the air. He was extremely lucky not to have more serious injuries than he did.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Helmets are mandatory here, but as with most things in life, if people don't like the idea they simply ignore it, and the police have better things to do than prosecute every cyclist not wearing a helmet. There's also a backlash against it with some saying it has put people off riding (thus getting them into cars and worsening congestion, pollution etc) because they don't want a helmet ruining their hairstyle ffs... I see them riding with a helmet dangling from the handlebars, so at least the handlebars will be safe when they go arse over kite in an accident.
These are probably the same type of people who argue that seatbelt wearing should not be mandatory because they know a guy who had a mate whose brother was in an accident, wasn't wearing a seatbelt and got thrown clear of the wreck, avoiding the fire that followed.
I seriously doubt that if they change the law tomorrow to make it legal to ride without a helmet that there will be a sudden increase of cyclists; people just don't like being told what to do - human nature
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Kev

Post by Kev » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:43 pm

As a car driver, camper driver, motorcyclist AND cyclist i have to say GET A GRIP FFS :headbang:
Z4 Project - RSV4 Track Bike - Yamaha TRX850 Cafe Racer - Ducati project

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 pm

road warrior wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 pm
stevo///m3 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Stevo
opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, he speaks very highly of you too - at the end of the day its simply jealously, people will pay for his opinions while nobody wants yours and that niggles you. nothing he does or say in his life will ever affect you in any way, your unlikely to ever meet him in the same way i won't either, There are millions of people who like him including myself, because i get him, he doesn't pretend to be an expert but plays the buffoon, but he is clever and funny and if you take everything he says with a pinch of salt and realise he is simply entertainment and not take him seriously you might get it too . Live and let live eh.
##

How helpful pal... :thumbsup:
---
You're clearly aware of the rules of the road
Other than that, can't seem to fault your logic - why not follow the great buffoon?
Unbeknown to me, somebody could have told me the rules right from the start, and those of YT videos, who'd have known?
---
Unless I pay my dues to Clarkson, I'm in the wrong... :D
That's something I didn't know...thank you for correcting me
There's always something you learn and every day's a school day eh?
Every time I ride my bike I'll be wary of motorists who support Clarkson, thanks for the warning...
Really freakin' wary...
---
Can bikes and cars not live on the road together in harmony?
Unfortunately this seems to be your view, although you wrap it up in Clarkson-ness
Not to worry, I'll keep safe on the road, thanks for clearing that up - the risks I mean
Those roads you drive on, those are the ones I'll avoid
---
I never knew Clarkson acted a bit buffoon-y to get people attracted to his media - are you sure that's right? Struggle to believe he might have made some money that way, that can't be right can it?

BTW, its *you're* when its non-possessive.

Still think users should get along on the road together without being #nobheads

Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:56 am

Good old Jessa. Like him or loath him. He can always start a debate. Guess that's one reason he has done rather well in life. :wink: