It’s Joel

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Anyone watch Its Joel on YouTube?

Lots of Z4 content.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Online
User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16672
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

It’s Joel

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Nope. A link might be handy. :wink:
Image

User avatar
GuidoK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 am

It’s Joel

Post by GuidoK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Yeah I've seen some of his vids.
But I think he more wants to be a youtuber than highlight the z4; he just uses the z4 for his content creation (you know, 10 things I hate about my z4, 10 things I love about my z4.... that kind of stuff). Although he seems to really like his car, and does some mods and stuff.

Once I commented on one of his video's because he shared a view I didnt necessarily shared, and he thought it was funny because I commented on a video that was already 1 year old.
I told him that the car was 15 years old and that that problem was also that old. (might be a view perceptance difference, or a general age difference, he's young)
Not a bad person in any way, but its definately a certain kind of z4 content presented in a certain way (a fair share of his vids anyway).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

buzyg wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Nope. A link might be handy. :wink:
Not sure how to link from app, search for:
It’s Joel
On google or YouTube and he comes up.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm

GuidoK wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm
Yeah I've seen some of his vids.
But I think he more wants to be a youtuber than highlight the z4; he just uses the z4 for his content creation (you know, 10 things I hate about my z4, 10 things I love about my z4.... that kind of stuff). Although he seems to really like his car, and does some mods and stuff.

Once I commented on one of his video's because he shared a view I didnt necessarily shared, and he thought it was funny because I commented on a video that was already 1 year old.
I told him that the car was 15 years old and that that problem was also that old. (might be a view perceptance difference, or a general age difference, he's young)
Not a bad person in any way, but its definately a certain kind of z4 content presented in a certain way (a fair share of his vids anyway).
I watch YouTube mainly via my tv so don’t see the comments, should check them really.

I like his stuff, and yeah, he loves his car.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

brillomaster
Member
Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 pm
Location: Leamington Spa

It’s Joel

Post by brillomaster » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:04 pm

I used to watch his videos but..
Theres only so many videos of a z4 you can make, normally in the same location.

Currently watching seen through glass's 'drive the world' tour... different cars, different locations.

Still, best of luck to him... on the one side if you make it big theres the opportunity to drive some sweet cars, but a lot of these guys are filming, editing and releasing a video every other day, it must actually be a lot of work!

User avatar
1000rr
Member
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 pm

It’s Joel

Post by 1000rr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:08 pm

I like him. Real world guy, his Dad bought one, seems a lovely bloke.

His editing skills are great, and deserves to do well. He seems to like what he’s doing and is genuinely interested and loves his car. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..


Image

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Yeah, it is full on Z4, but then thats why I like it! And I have an e89, not e86 like he does.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2177
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

It’s Joel

Post by road warrior » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 pm

ihadablackdog wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm
Yeah, it is full on Z4, but then thats why I like it! And I have an e89, not e86 like he does.
Joel has a 2003 3.0i e85
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
Mean Steve - makes a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

stupot1
Member
Member
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:06 pm
Location: Sheffield

It’s Joel

Post by stupot1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

It's a generation thing. I don't do Social media, this is the only thing I do. I've watched some of his stuff. He wants to be famous, if he had a Skoda Fabia he'd be talking about that. Each to there own, seems a nice lad!
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's

User avatar
tee.gilding
Member
Member
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Location: Hampshire

It’s Joel

Post by tee.gilding » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm

He was at Vanity with us (I was with the zroadster.org group stand) and he seemed a nice enough guy. Made a vid of the day. Worth a little watch - you might recognise a couple of forum members cars on it.

https://youtu.be/FCtQTEoBPrs
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:57 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 pm
Joel has a 2003 3.0i e85
Yeah, thought I got the model number wrong, point being it was the previous generation to mine.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s Joel

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:59 pm

tee.gilding wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm
He was at Vanity with us (I was with the zroadster.org group stand) and he seemed a nice enough guy. Made a vid of the day. Worth a little watch - you might recognise a couple of forum members cars on it.

https://youtu.be/FCtQTEoBPrs
Saw that vid the other day. Shows exactly how he comes across on camera as a nice guy.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

User avatar
paulc_bkk
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Thailand

It’s Joel

Post by paulc_bkk » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 am

Somehow I get a lot of his stuff coming up as a YouTube suggestion so I’ll check out the videos when a new one pops up

I’m no expert on youtubers but his delivery seems to have improved over the last year, and it’s good that he’s involving the Z community

I thought I saw he had a profile on here from when he was involved in an Ace Cafe meet?

User avatar
Timmyboybunter
Member
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Location: Bristol/Bath

It’s Joel

Post by Timmyboybunter » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am

I quite enjoy his videos - he's just posted a picture of a Z4MR, I'm hoping it's going to be the subject of the next 'vs' video (in which case I assume his 3.0i will get a good beating)

Seems like a nice fella to boot.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=29006
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0
2010 Triumph Sprint 1050 GT
2010 Skoda Octavia VRS CR

Post Reply