Car buying site

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9771
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Car buying site

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I put my reg into We Buy any Car to verify what the main dealer offered - I’ve ignored the offers but over the last ten days their offers have increased by over £1000 - The offer price was still £6k less than I’ve seen similar age/miles/spec advertised.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ihadablackdog
Member
Member
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 pm

Car buying site

Post by ihadablackdog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:05 pm

When I traded in a 318i several years ago the sales man told me to try WBAC as he had some customers that got better price than the part ex offer. As it turned out they were the same, so I sold it on Autotrader for £1k more.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7528
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Car buying site

Post by ben g » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 am

ronk wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:03 pm
I put my reg into We Buy any Car to verify what the main dealer offered - I’ve ignored the offers but over the last ten days their offers have increased by over £1000 - The offer price was still £6k less than I’ve seen similar age/miles/spec advertised.
Are you asking a question or making a statement?
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Bilstein, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Strut Brace.

Online
User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9771
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Car buying site

Post by ronk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am

A statement or heads up!

They don‘t offer a best price first.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7528
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Car buying site

Post by ben g » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 am

Oh OK. I thought everyone knew that already?

Be aware, once you go to the actual place in which to do the deal, they will lower the price further on every little thing. My brother's 9 month old fiesta st had £400 taken off due to a couple of stonechips on the bumper :lol:

Though my other brother sold his mustang to them in the dark, whilst it was raining. Apparently the sales guy got into trouble for that by his manager, but the money had already been transferred by then :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Bilstein, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Strut Brace.

Online
greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Car buying site

Post by greg81 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

Best price! You like? Yes?

User avatar
saj77
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:08 am
Location: North East

Car buying site

Post by saj77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 am

I 'sold' an Audi A5 to an Evans Halshaw dealership - effortless, barely looked at the car before giving me a very fair price - better than WBAC (which they promise to beat on their advert). Money in my bank within a few hours :thumbsup:
08 3.0 SI Roadster

Online
User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9771
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Car buying site

Post by ronk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 am

I think I will be hanging on to my old bus for a while yet!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

Car buying site

Post by Jembo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 am

ronk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 am
I think I will be hanging on to my old bus for a while yet!
I use WBAC when buying to work out what the market thinks it’s worth... whether private or from MD

Obviously a MD won’t sell anywhere near that price, though gives u leverage to discus just how much margin they have in the car... even though they will plead poverty...
The dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54
Image

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5353
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

Car buying site

Post by Jembo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:58 am

Jembo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 am
ronk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 am
I think I will be hanging on to my old bus for a while yet!
I use WBAC when buying to work out what the market thinks it’s worth... whether private or from MD

Obviously a MD won’t sell anywhere near that price, though gives u leverage to discus just how much margin they have in the car... even though they will plead poverty... claiming they only make a few hundred on each second hand car...yeah right
The dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54
Image

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 20014
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Car buying site

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 pm

If your car is in faultless order with few or no negatives why would you need a car buying site :?
Decent cars presented properly at fair asks don't struggle to sell
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7528
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Car buying site

Post by ben g » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 pm
If your car is in faultless order with few or no negatives why would you need a car buying site :?
Decent cars presented properly at fair asks don't struggle to sell
Sometimes even if your car is in A1 condition, there's always some cheapskate looking for a del boy bargain.

I remember trying to sell an 18 month old Focus ST 225 and it was a nightmare. I got a few messages from complete messes and a couple of people who didn't bother showing up for the viewing. Scumbags.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Bilstein, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Strut Brace.

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 20014
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Car buying site

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm

ben g wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 pm
mr wilks wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 pm
If your car is in faultless order with few or no negatives why would you need a car buying site :?
Decent cars presented properly at fair asks don't struggle to sell
Sometimes even if your car is in A1 condition, there's always some cheapskate looking for a del boy bargain.

I remember trying to sell an 18 month old Focus ST 225 and it was a nightmare. I got a few messages from complete messes and a couple of people who didn't bother showing up for the viewing. Scumbags.
I totally get that slant , there are no end of knobs out there wanting cars for nowhere near the ask price so the car buying sites offer a easy way to sell but folks being surprised ( or even annoyed ) when the offer is below expectations never ceases to amaze
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

Post Reply