Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Health scare

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by dr_john » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 am

Results sound good Tim, glad to hear. Sounds like a circulatory problem to me, but I'm no doctor (not that sort anyway!).

I was diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago at the age of 64, through a routine bowel cancer screening test. Up until then I had NO IDEA that anything was amiss, just shows the importance of taking advantage of the various test that are available. I'd urge everybody to take the tests, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by TitanTim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:32 pm

dr_john wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 am Results sound good Tim, glad to hear. Sounds like a circulatory problem to me, but I'm no doctor (not that sort anyway!).

I was diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago at the age of 64, through a routine bowel cancer screening test. Up until then I had NO IDEA that anything was amiss, just shows the importance of taking advantage of the various test that are available. I'd urge everybody to take the tests, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't.
Thanks John, the Doc is trying to sort out a visit to vascular at the hospital but bizzarely toes have been fine today, circulation seems fine now, no idea. The burning of the feet seems to be slowly subsiding as well, which I've had for 3 weeks. I'm starting to think it's stress related somehow. Just a case of monitoring and if I get an appointment at the hospital see how I've fared up to then.

Its pretty scary these silent issues and of course when you find out the damage may have already been done, hope you're ok now.

Tim.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by firebobby » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Tim, why not go down to Dover or anywhere on the South coast with a rubber dingy. Say you don't understand English and complain about your feet. You will be seen tomorrow mate :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

firebobby wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 pm Tim, why not go down to Dover or anywhere on the South coast with a rubber dingy. Say you don't understand English and complain about your feet. You will be seen tomorrow mate :thumbsup:
:lol: That night be not such a bad idea, earliest I can get in at the hospital is August, but when I do its unlikely they will understand me or me them :?

Tim.

Z4Sparky

Health scare

Post by Z4Sparky » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Hope you get it sorted Tim.

It also raises the very interesting point of how men (and I'm stereotyping here) tend to put off going to the docs.

Easy enough to say in hindsight, and I did exactly the same about 4 years ago to the point my wife had to rush me to A&E as my heart rate was going through the roof and I was going to the toilet roughly every 30 minutes!

Turns out I have an inflammatory bowel disease that was so bad it could've been game over.

Now I don't even think twice about going to the docs for anything, but (touch wood) luckily nothing serious since.

Please keep us updated Tim and hope you feel better soon.
2010 E89 sDrive 2.3i Alpine White

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by TitanTim » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Z4Sparky wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 pm Hope you get it sorted Tim.

It also raises the very interesting point of how men (and I'm stereotyping here) tend to put off going to the docs.

Easy enough to say in hindsight, and I did exactly the same about 4 years ago to the point my wife had to rush me to A&E as my heart rate was going through the roof and I was going to the toilet roughly every 30 minutes!

Turns out I have an inflammatory bowel disease that was so bad it could've been game over.

Now I don't even think twice about going to the docs for anything, but (touch wood) luckily nothing serious since.

Please keep us updated Tim and hope you feel better soon.
Many thanks and sorry to hear you went through a bad patch yourself :(

Kinda wish I had I had taken the time out to be checked out on a more regular basis rather tan leaving it until something grips you You never know what lies around the corner.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Health scare

Post by ronk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Take every test offered to you :thumbsup:

The advantage of being diabetic (Type 2) is the regular checks the GP Surgery offers apart from the usual Blood Pressure and HbA1c stuff. It also means that I have to eat and drink sensibly or suffer the wrath of the Surgery Nurse :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: