Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

mobiles.co.uk

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ihadablackdog

mobiles.co.uk

Post by ihadablackdog » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Anybody used mobiles.co.uk to buy a sim-only contract?

What I want to know is, when buying through these types of site, is the contract with EE directly, in the same way as buying direct...meaning I would get exactly the same benefits as a direct customer, or am I treated as a 3rd party etc?
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

mobiles.co.uk

Post by ben g » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:37 pm

3rd party, as far as I'm aware.

Thats what Vodafone told me when I said I could get a better deal going through one of those websites, rather than direct.

They could've been lying to me though. You know what these big companies are like. All looking for a slice of the commission pie.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Vonlipvig

mobiles.co.uk

Post by Vonlipvig » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:56 pm

The contract itself would be through the provider, in your case EE, but the point of sale would be the third party. There may be a unique tariff which is offered only to the third parties so be sure to double check all the benifits you would get against the provider directly. Any issues you may run into with billing, change of tariffs, signal etc would be dealt with directly with the provider once the x number of days has passed from taking it out
2009 Sapphire Black 23i