Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is it just me?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
blackabbot

Is it just me?

Post by blackabbot » Sun May 19, 2019 9:25 am

wonkydonkey wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:39 am
Chris_D wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 am
wonkydonkey wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 am ben gwalking straight out of the toilet cubicle and into WH Smith to rootle through the pic n mix containers with their grubby hands
:rofl:
unforgiveable!
Should be shot on sight for that! :lol:
More like pic n sh!ts! :!:
everything that the public uses or touches has got s**t on it, coins, notes, door handles, peanuts and crisps in bowls at the bar, feckin everything :headbang:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

stupot1

Is it just me?

Post by stupot1 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:17 pm

I used to like Pic n mix!
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's

wonkydonkey

Is it just me?

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun May 19, 2019 1:37 pm

stupot1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:17 pm I used to like Pic n mix!
Haha sorry! :lol: :cry:
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

Cees Klumper

Is it just me?

Post by Cees Klumper » Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Being Dutch and having lived there, the US, Switzerland and France I have concluded that the most aggressive drivers out of those four are in fact the Dutch. I don't know about the UK, but having watched loads of motorcycle mishaps youtube vids, it seems UK drivers could be on par, or close to, the Dutch. Whereas here in LA, with all of its crowded and congested traffic, you rarely see an aggressive, entitled or impatient 'move'. I was just commenting to my son as we were navigating the traffic how patient US drivers generally are. Compare that to for example Djakarta or Dhaka, where the honking is permanently in the air. So there are some major differences between countries.
2011 sDrive 35i Alpine White
100,000 miles 3rd owner
Other BMW is a 2016 C650 Sport scooter-beast

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Is it just me?

Post by ronk » Mon May 20, 2019 8:09 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 am Get a Hyundai, people leave you alone and think you're a pensioner, driving becomes alot less stressful. In the BMW I'm prey for anyone.

Tim.
What if you are a pensioner/old git in a Z4? What happens then?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

IRD

Is it just me?

Post by IRD » Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:33 pm I was chatting to a female high court judge we know a few months ago, I was moaning about all the layabout benefit scroungers etc, and her response was you simply have to accept the benefit system is needed because such a large percentage of the population are thick as f**k....her words, not mine... :lol:
I spent over 40 years working in the education system and can confirm that this is true.To drive a car you have to pass a test but you need no qualifications to become a parent. Anyone and everyone has that right. We are all suffering the consequences. Hitler wasn't"t wrong about everything. :cry:

I’m guessing you’re just one in a good few million to experience that fact Chris.... :roll:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Is it just me?

Post by ben g » Mon May 20, 2019 11:22 pm

The Z4 is definitely a magnet for idiots :lol: had a guy today try to wipe me out again. This time I was stationary at traffic lights, in the correct middle lane to go straight over into my work estate.

Guy in the left lane (it clearly shows its a left turn only on the road), brand new ford ecosport tried to side swipe me. He braked hard, slotted in behind and followed me into my work, got through security and started driving down a single lane road, when the guy in the ecosport tried to squeeze down the left side of my car :lol:

I thought this idiot obviously had a problem with me for whatever reason, so when I got to the T junction further up, I stopped and wound my window down to see what his problem was. He didn't even acknowledge me. Instead tearing off to his left and up the road (still on my works estate).

Either he was completely lost, or he's a complete pillock and annoyed at his sh***y life choices :lol:

Wish I had a rear facing camera for this. It was laughable trying to see him squeeze down the nearside of my car on a single lane road with no extra space :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Is it just me?

Post by ronk » Tue May 21, 2019 12:04 am

Magnet - definitely

Just toast I had a woman in a mini pull out left from a side street on my right - heading directly towards me on my side of the road - M Sport brakes work :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Is it just me?

Post by enzed4 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:01 am

Was tailgated yesterday morning by a van driver who couldn't see out the windscreen due to frost on it, only had park lights on despite it being pitch black (so was a hazard to other road users who might not see him) and who thought seatbelts were for wowsers and didn't bother with his. I was almost at the point of pulling over and letting him get one single car ahead when he turned anyway.
Just another average driving day here.
N.b. this was in my work RAV4, not the Z4 so not really related to Chris's original question.
With regards to the Z4, I do notice other drivers seem to feel the need to examine the badge on the boot a lot closer in their vehicles than they probably should, but being charitable maybe it's because we sit further back in the Z4 so cars behind us look closer? :lol:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

ihadablackdog

Is it just me?

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 pm

You should try the roundabouts around here...it seems different rules for each one, i.e. which lane to go in.

The best one is having to go in the left hand lane when turning right (approaching from the 6 o clock position and going to the 3 o clock position, which is the 3rd exit on the roundabout). If you want to go all the way round, then you use the right lane! Who the feck thought that one out!

No body really hassles me in the Z4. I try to be kind and let people out (within reason) and I think it confuses people, cos they expect me to be an arrogant BMW driver :D Although it could be that Deb has a 1 series, so we only experience life on the road in a BMW and have acclimatised to the hate!
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Capa

Is it just me?

Post by Capa » Thu May 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Bit surprised by this. I find mine to be relatively well received by other motorists. I get let out of plenty of junctions and so on in comparison to some of the previous cars I have driven.
E86 | Stratus Grey