Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First Z4 purchase

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

First Z4 purchase

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed May 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Mikel,

Well the facelift 2.5i is just a restricted version of the facelift 2.5Si, so it seems a bit pointless really as you'll get exactly the same running costs without the performance! (I think it was intended to replace the pre-facelift 2.2i).

Personally I'd avoid any 2.0 model as it's a 4 cylinder engine, and a straight 6 is one of the Z4s more unique features. As well as giving performance more suited to a sports car, a straight 6 also sounds better!

But then maybe I'm just too much of a hooligan - I just replaced an E91 325i with an E90 330i because I found the 325i a bit gutless! :lol:

Anyway another bonus with facelift models is they came in 2 trim levels, SE and Sport. BMW typically confused everyone by calling the seats in the SE "Sport" seats, but calling the ones in the Sport models "M-Sport" seats. M-Sport seats are very desirable, with used pairs selling for the best part of 4 figures so retro-fitting isn't really economic unless you get the car dirt cheap. I've put a photo of an M-Sport seat at the bottom - they just seem so much better suited to a 2 seater sports car. They were an option on facelift SEs and all pre-facelifts, but not an option too many people chose!
Attachments
Blue Z4 Interior3 060716.JPG
Blue Z4 Interior3 060716.JPG (199.08 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black