Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Simple laptop & iPhone screen sharing/control app/software

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jamiez

Post by jamiez » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 pm

My dad is amazing in that for a man of 77 years old, he has learnt to use a laptop and email etc in the last 15 years which is pretty good going.

Over the last 5 years he has been caught out by installing random crap / search bars / useless software / web accelerators etc etc and now I need to be able to react quicker vs fixing issues each time I see him which can be monthly.

We have used my work WebEx account a few times but it’s too clunky. And it’s flawed if he cannot loving into his hotmail if his call is about forgetting his password or unable to login.

So I was wondering if this group has any simple ideas for me fo perform remote screen sharing and control - free and simply.

Same applies to his iPhone - if this is possible.

Look forward to your ideas a I imagine others are in or have been in a similar situation.

Thanks.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 pm

I’ve recently discovered you can do this, and of course chat & VoIP, with MS Teams - at work though. Not sure if it’s available for consumers ? Sorry, I’ve not googled, just answered :D

If it works can you fix my laptop please because I am s**t with computers :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 pm

I use microsoft remote access app (rd client). I can remotely log into and control my htpc from anywhere.

Edit. Misread your post, thought you were after an app to remote dial from a phone.