Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ducklakeview

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by markplant » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:12 pm

road warrior wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:59 pm sadly tug is an old git like me now and wont do roof motors and tells me he only did it with the roof off ,
dare i guess where durham dave is ? durham maybe ?
Durham Dave is actually at Tow low, west of Durham, I think your probably closer to number 5 ( Alan) near Bristol who is also very proficient with roof motors
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

road warrior

Ducklakeview

Post by road warrior » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:28 pm

bleedin hell, bit too far for me :o but thanks :D
yes i think no 5 is a bit closer. as we all say dlv knows what he is doing for sure. just dont ask him to post anything eh ? :lol:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm

markplant wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:12 pm
Durham Dave is actually at Tow low, west of Durham, I think your probably closer to number 5 ( Alan) near Bristol who is also very proficient with roof motors
Its Tow Law :thumbsup:
There are some nice driving roads in the area so you could make it a short break!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

road warrior

Ducklakeview

Post by road warrior » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 pm

its something for the near future, after sorting out new headlights, new suspension, wheels and tyres and refurbishing them and other bits and toys, my wallet is bleedin internally right now, the poxy airbag light is on again, i need a new roof, and , and.. sighs..
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by markplant » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm

ronk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
There are some nice driving roads in the area so you could make it a short break!
Sorry yes Tow Law :thumbsup:
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 pm

The sat Nav would probably have corrected you - but just in case!

greg81

Ducklakeview

Post by greg81 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:32 pm

markplant wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm
ronk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
Sorry yes Tow Law :thumbsup:
He's in Esh Winning, or he was when i visited

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by ronk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 pm

I sent him a text message on that number i posted two months ago but had no reply.

tug

Ducklakeview

Post by tug » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:52 am

road warrior wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:59 pm sadly tug is an old git like me now and wont do roof motors and tells me he only did it with the roof off ,
dare i guess where durham dave is ? durham maybe ?
"OLD GIT!!! HOW DARE YOU SIR! FOR THAT IT WILL BE 12 PACES AT DAWN! (and when she tells us t' p!ss off) i will move your motor for you SMART QUICK!!

And all for the lowly sum of £2,500 ± VAT TA DAA i thankyou, i thankyou.

Ayup Markplant you goin zed fest this year mate?
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by jamie_z4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:41 am

Just found this thread as I am off to look at another z4 today which I've left a deposit on in Leicester.

As most of you will be aware, me and Mike were very good friends, he's a marmite guy but I warmed to him quickly as he is a quirky character and extremely knowledgeable with a good heart.

We spoke daily for over a year, I was down at his place of work or home almost weekly and he did a lot for me, I also did things for him (running errands etc, trying to pay back the many favours he did for me)

Last time we spoke was around September/October time last year and after the sad news of his daughter (not fair to post all over the Internet, but it was a very bad illness) he obviously became a different person which is entirely fair enough, I left him to It and the last form of contact I had with him was to direct him to the thread regarding the backbox he failed to deliver on, literally haven't heard a peep since.

I genuinely wish him well and I feel for the customers who have had issues (the e89 roof guy for example) everyone isn't on top form 100% of the time, I just hope Mike can maybe one day 'face the music' so to speak and put a few theories to bed.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

EssexZed

Ducklakeview

Post by EssexZed » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:04 am

I see his presence and services are still being promoted for ZEDfest and I don’t know if Mac has had any contact with him but from all that’s been said on this thread I guess he’ll be a no show :?

ScoobyR1

Ducklakeview

Post by ScoobyR1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am

mr.tourette wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 pm
MACK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm To be honest I think this whole character assassination lowers the tone of the forum, Mack you just come across now as someone with a vendetta constantly banging your drum.. you've made your point.. dozens of times.. in multiple threads. I agree Mike needs to be a stand up guy and address the issues facing some unhappy customers but lets not hang draw and quarter someone in their absence and without actually knowing whether some personal life issues are affecting the guy. :thumbsdown:
As i suspected from your post mr.tourette a very quick search on here and its abundantly clear your a fan/friend of Mikes. So its pretty clear your actually the one with the agenda here. He's had all the time in the world to speak up and defend himself, hes the one that has chose not to and as time goes by the stories about just seem to be getting worse. If you dont like reading detrimental posts about Mike well you know what to do.
Whatever mate.. I have no agenda, i take people as I find them as Im all grown up now. :wink: the fact you had to search my posts shows your obsession with proving some kind of point, yes Ive used his garage 3 times before this whole saga blew up and like with other members he's done a good job at a good price, therefore in my experience I can recommend him... obviously thats not to say everyone has the same experience. my only relationship with him is strictly customer/client.. thats it.. just because you have an axe to grind dont assume everyone with a different point of view has an agenda, its arrogant and condescending.
I agree with Mr Tourette, Mack I've read upto this point all the bad press against Mike DLV and whilst I've not been on in quite a while there seems to have been a lot going on.
I visited Mike DLV last month to look at a problem with my roof which he fixed free of charge. He was just the same as before, helpful friendly and personable. Obviously I hadn't read any of these posts regarding his, quite frankly abysmal business practices.
But my experience was one of business as usual.
Now before I am accused of leaping to his defence, all I'm doing is saying it how how see it. Whilst I was there Mike told me of the massive domestic upheaval he had gone through in the last few months, which may have explained some of his erratic behaviour?
Again not making excuses, I find it so sad and disappointing that someone who was such a great asset to the forum has fallen so spectacularly. Having said that my point is from reading all post's I have to say I agree Mr Tourette's ascertion that Mack you seem to be like a dog with a bone, rising to any antagonism with lengthy response, taking any reasoned balanced view as personal attack which needs immediate response.
Can't we let this whole affair go the way of the dinosaurs and be laid to rest?
'03 Titan Silver 3.0 auto. Hand controls, CC, MFSW CSL reps, H&R ARB's, :thumbsup:

Now sold '03 Sterling grey 2.5 E85 :(

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by GuidoK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:41 pm

ScoobyR1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am Now before I am accused of leaping to his defence, all I'm doing is saying it how how see it. Whilst I was there Mike told me of the massive domestic upheaval he had gone through in the last few months, which may have explained some of his erratic behaviour?
Still doesn't explain why he would steal the name for his business from a non profit initiative in the community does it?
Thats poor judgement however you put it imho.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

blackabbot

Ducklakeview

Post by blackabbot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:41 am Just found this thread as I am off to look at another z4 today which I've left a deposit on in Leicester.

As most of you will be aware, me and Mike were very good friends, he's a marmite guy but I warmed to him quickly as he is a quirky character and extremely knowledgeable with a good heart.

We spoke daily for over a year, I was down at his place of work or home almost weekly and he did a lot for me, I also did things for him (running errands etc, trying to pay back the many favours he did for me)

Last time we spoke was around September/October time last year and after the sad news of his daughter (not fair to post all over the Internet, but it was a very bad illness) he obviously became a different person which is entirely fair enough, I left him to It and the last form of contact I had with him was to direct him to the thread regarding the backbox he failed to deliver on, literally haven't heard a peep since.

I genuinely wish him well and I feel for the customers who have had issues (the e89 roof guy for example) everyone isn't on top form 100% of the time, I just hope Mike can maybe one day 'face the music' so to speak and put a few theories to bed.
Good on ya Jamie, pics when you get your new motor :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by Marlon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:03 pm

blackabbot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:41 am Just found this thread as I am off to look at another z4 today which I've left a deposit on in Leicester.

Good on ya Jamie, pics when you get your new motor :thumbsup:
I'll second that - a chink of light in this darkness :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S