Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ducklakeview

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Gazhyde

Ducklakeview

Post by Gazhyde » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:50 pm

ben g wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pmI always thought your ******* was part of dlv's *******? I'm confused now :lol:
Joycey and I have been using the <insert filtered name here> for around 5 years or so, DLV signed up on my groups and was even invited to a few of our regional <insert filtered name here> events. All of the work we do under that banner is done free, with people giving up theirs skills and time to help out others.

He liked what we did so much he decided to pinch the good name we'd built up for his "business" (if you can call it that). If people want to catch up with him, then why not drop in on his Facebook page, he's plenty active on there so you're bound to get a quick response...
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

bz4kev

Ducklakeview

Post by bz4kev » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Wow just wow :fuelfire:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by GuidoK » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:50 pm He liked what we did so much he decided to pinch the good name we'd built up for his "business" (if you can call it that).
He really did that? Without your concent?
I expressed my wonders about that at the beginning of this topic, but mainly (or secretly) thinking that he didnt know of the existence of your zed shed and not having done the homework to choose a company name.
But he was totally aware of your name and the concept of your organisation?.... :|
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Gazhyde

Ducklakeview

Post by Gazhyde » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

GuidoK wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 pm
Gazhyde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:50 pm He liked what we did so much he decided to pinch the good name we'd built up for his "business" (if you can call it that).
He really did that? Without your concent?
I expressed my wonders about that at the beginning of this topic, but mainly (or secretly) thinking that he didnt know of the existence of your zed shed and not having done the homework to choose a company name.
But he was totally aware of your name and the concept of your organisation?.... :|
C’est la vie, I guess. Didn’t think that something we do for others would somehow end up being filtered on the internet because of someone unrelated. It’s hard to untangle the two entities now, as this thread pretty much proves. :headbang:
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by GuidoK » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm It’s hard to untangle the two entities now, as this thread pretty much proves. :headbang:
I'm sure this is now a well read thread on the forum so now people hopefully know they're 2 completely different things :thumbsup: .
Hopefully your Zed shed doesn't get any more crap from DLV's doing as I think what you're doing with your concept is quite respectable :thumbsup: .
Also shows that its good to keep threads like this open and not close or delete like some seem to think.
Sometimes the layer under dirt is....more dirt.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by hopz121 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Poor form, I understand the guy may have issues but he shouldn’t be taking peoples cash and ripping them off!

The name was never his to use and the guys who own the name have been very understanding about the whole situation I can’t say I would have been as calm about it all.

I see by his Facebook that he seems to still be trading and none of these bad reviews seem to be on there so maybe people should add them there too so people see him for who he really has become.

I also think the forum need to remove any affiliation with him and remove these posts too!
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

IRD

Ducklakeview

Post by IRD » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Is this really the pleasant competent guy who went out of his way to come and move my roof motor? :?

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Ducklakeview

Post by mr wilks » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 pm

IRD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:13 pm Is this really the pleasant competent guy who went out of his way to come and move my roof motor? :?
For free :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

IRD

Ducklakeview

Post by IRD » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 pm
IRD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:13 pm Is this really the pleasant competent guy who went out of his way to come and move my roof motor? :?
No it wasn’t for free Andy. But he came a fair few miles out of his way to come to Lincoln on his way home from Cambridgeshire where he had been doing a few cars there and charged nothing extra. Maybe I am just a bit naive but he seemed very pleasant. You can only speak as you find. I am not doubting what has been written in these two threads. Dreadful behaviour but it’s just hard to match the guy I met to all that’s happened. If I had suffered in the way some folk have I would be furious too. Life and people never cease to surprise me. :roll:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Ducklakeview

Post by mr wilks » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 pm

IRD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 pm
No it wasn’t for free Andy. But he came a fair few miles out of his way to come to Lincoln on his way home from Cambridgeshire where he had been doing a few cars there and charged nothing extra. Maybe I am just a bit naive but he seemed very pleasant. You can only speak as you find. I am not doubting what has been written in these two threads. Dreadful behaviour but it’s just hard to match the guy I met to all that’s happened. If I had suffered in the way some folk have I would be furious too. Life and people never cease to surprise me. :roll:
Ive met Mike , seemed a genuine character who came into Zs initially for his own use , clearly skilled with his hands he was stood behind the door when opportunity knocked & wasted no time yanking it open .
You can't please everyone all the time & from here on its up to individuals to either continue using his services or not .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by ronk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Even at this stage, the fella could still fix the harm!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

IRD

Ducklakeview

Post by IRD » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 pm
IRD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:20 pm For free :?
Ive met Mike , seemed a genuine character who came into Zs initially for his own use , clearly skilled with his hands he was stood behind the door when opportunity knocked & wasted no time yanking it open .
You can't please everyone all the time & from here on its up to individuals to either continue using his services or not .
Yup! We’re all free to make our own choices but you like to think when you are making them they are informed choices. :thumbsup:

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by GuidoK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm Even at this stage, the fella could still fix the harm!
How?
You think he'll change the name of his business?
I mean the trade differences between DLV and members here could be accounted to the reports of his ill daughter (although I can't imagine how, as he's trading and facebooking away as we speak) or be based on a hugely far fetched and uncomfortable misunderstanding (although the more reports, the more unlikely that is of course), but knowingly stealing another organisations' name affiliated in the business that is non profit even, is pretty much a deliberate act (of bastardness) if you ask me....
I mean, I'm also a business owner, and if someone started a business in my line of work with the same name knowingly (almost impossible otherwise as I work in an extreme niche business), I'd know how I'd feel....
Last edited by GuidoK on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by ronk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm

I must admit that I got a bit lost off with the (I always thought your ******* was part of dlv's *******? I'm confused now) bit!
Can anybody summarise the current situation?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Ducklakeview

Post by Marlon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm
Can anybody summarise the current situation?
I'll try - there are roughly 2 camps in 'DLV-gate':

Those who believe DLV is basically a good guy who started out on the forum with the best intentions but for reasons no one can fathom, is making some very poor decisions and letting customers down.

And

Those who believe DLV purposely manipulated and took advantage of the forum from day one, including taking the business name from an established non-profit group with the sole intention of profiteering and is wilfully ignoring any customer complaints.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S