Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SKY VIP - sharp practise?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm

So... being seen as a Platinum VIP customer I thought I’d sign up... & took their offer of ‘free’ Sky Go (I cant presently sign in to check) which entitles you to box sets.

After 3 weeks, just received an email today saying my subscriptions going up +£2 for box sets due to their annual review.

They can have their free offer back if that’s the case!!!!
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

stupot1

Post by stupot1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Nothing is free, In fact the word shouldn't exist !
I reckon this Country is the worst for shafting people. The times I've argued with Car Insurance companies about the ' We gaurentee to match and/or better your quote...absolute Cobblers!
It's never worked for me anyway.
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 pm

I've just given notice to cancel completely, they also sent me a £2 increase letter so I took a look and I was paying £32 for a pretty basic package , no movies or sports .
I rang them and questioned it and was offered the same package for £15 on the phone that increased to £17 by the time I'd considered it , that was a time of 5 mins as I was still on the phone to them almost ready to re subscribe . I just cancelled it mostly out of principal , although when the sales person asked what I watched on sky so she could put me the best package together it dawned on me I hardly watch it at all .
If only they'd left it as it was they'd still have a long standing customer paying for services he doesn't use :lol:

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Same happens with Virgin broadband.

You get an email/leaflet championing their free double-speed upgrade, then 2 months later you get a 10% rise to pay for their continued investment.

Each time I just phone up and reduce my package downwards to the speed I was getting before the ‘free’ upgrade, and end up paying less than I originally was...until the next time.

I was paying £45 for a 200mpbs service, and got a free upgrade to 300mbps for a few months until the usual price rise, and would probably be paying over £50 for their free upgrade to their 300+mbps service, but I downgraded it to 200mbps and am paying £40/month :P

They’re shooting themselves in the foot.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Looks like I’ll be foot shooting this weekend as away - hopefully it’ll give them a few days of disgruntled customers & I’ll get a better deal

Lifer 54

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:22 pm

I'll be cancelling my sky package soon. £72 for normal broadband, entertainment and movies, not even sports or r Fibre!

Can get the full house bundle (sports, movies, Fibre) from virgin for £79 a month, 12 month contract :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Yeah I was with Sky for about 17 years and nothing about what they offered me was VIP, Platinum or otherwise special. I actually ditched them and BT at the same time last year and went from a combined total of £134 a month to £57. That will go up in 12 months, but I get everything I had before except Sky Atlantic and Sky F1, and my broadband speed is x4 what it was before. Very happy, though the process to get to a happy state was a bit of a clusterfuck and I nearly just switched back...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Oh, and ...

*practice

:P
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Bing wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 pm Oh, and ...

*practice

:P
Slap taken on the chin

Lifer 54

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 am

Does anybody else think that we live in a mad world where we will pay up towards £1000 for tv, internet and phone when years ago your parents wouldn't let you use the house landline as it cost too much?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 am

Nictrix wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 am Does anybody else think that we live in a mad world where we will pay up towards £1000 for tv, internet and phone when years ago your parents wouldn't let you use the house landline as it cost too much?
Yep, it’s mental. Add in mobile phone costs for a family of 3 and it gets even worse. I worked for BT for 17 years and never paid a bill for phone (fixed and mobile) or internet in all that time. When I left and discovered they wanted £230 off me very quarter I couldn’t believe it :o