Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tonight's Grand Tour,Scotland

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:55 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 pm
greg81 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:38 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 pm Strangely enough its the current popularity of the NC500 that is putting me off doing it , especially when there are so many other areas , roads , scenery north of the border to enjoy that are relatively traffic free
There's far better places to go. When I first went up that way in 2007 it was incredible despite the fact I was in a Peugeot 308cc :lol:

Fast forward to 2016 and it was more like driving round the M25, but with more potholes.

It's a bit like The Beatles. So many bands did it better than them, but they were the first to make it big
:D don't get me started on the Beatles , can't believe the hype , utter drivel imo same with the Stones , just don't get it :cry: id rather be deaf if they were my only options :P
They're all pish

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:04 pm

I'm ashamed to say I've never done the NC500, despite visiting Scotland at least 20 times :cry: really need to go further north one time. The trouble is the in laws want to join in, but they're old and moan about everything :lol:

I've experienced some fantastic roads though. Main ones I can remember are the 'rest and be thankful', Glencoe, around Loch Ness and through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, Some amazing Scenery.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 am

stewey999 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:15 pm ........ Cut across country and do a bit of research can be the difference between driving on a crappy road or being a few miles inland on some unbelievable roads. I think the nc500 route has the road up from Inverness to the john o groats. Don't bother and go cross country. We did this and saw literally 3 cars in an hour on amazing roads......
Top advice to get the best from the NC500 :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost