Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Williams F1 in the Blood.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 pm

Quick heads up, about to start on BBC2 here in the SW. :thumbsup:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

Very enjoyable watch. And a revealing insight into Frank's apparent lack of compassion, feelings, empathy for those closest to him. The bit at the end ehere Claire was reading an extract from her mums book to him and his lack of reaction was testament this I think.
Generational thing perhaps. Stiff upper lip and all that. My dad's a bit like that sadly.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Yes he came accross as very single minded. Clearly that worked for him and clearly Clare has it in her blood too, though perhaps not to the same extent. Wonder if the obvious bad feeling between her and her brother will be sorted after Frank dies.

Joneeboy

Post by Joneeboy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:42 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm Yes he came accross as very single minded. Clearly that worked for him and clearly Clare has it in her blood too, though perhaps not to the same extent. Wonder if the obvious bad feeling between her and her brother will be sorted after Frank dies.
If it's anything like my siblings Buz, theres no going back...a great documentary, though.

stewey999

Post by stewey999 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:19 pm

I enjoyed that. Unbelievably single minded and determined to the point that he worked on his wedding day instead of going to his own reception!
Felt really sorry for Claire and her brother. You would think after what happened to their mother that would bring them closer together. You get the impression that Claire and her brother want to be normal but no one wants to make the first move. Waste of time they will both regret. Frank still as determined at the the bottom as at the top of F1.

It was also interesting to see what everyone thought of Nigel mansell... sounds hard work!
Imola red E86 Z4M. Genuine CSL's, eventuri intake, supersprint race exhaust, zhp.
E86 3.0si Phoenix Yellow. 19" Veeman VFS23's - Sold
996 turbo x50 - Sold
Noble GTO3R - Sold