Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vehicle Tax

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Phoenixboy

Vehicle Tax

Post by Phoenixboy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm

i go the opposite way in the summer.
far to congested for driving in the south west :roll:
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Vehicle Tax

Post by Number5 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm

What annoys me about the new system is that I've just been online to tax the Z4 from tomorrow (1st February), but I cant. Even today still it only allows me to back tax it from 01 January, which basically means I'll probably drive it to work tomorrow untaxed and then tax it when I get to my desk. - (invalidating my insurance I suspect)

Why don't they add an "Effective from" option, which would also mean that you don't have to try and remember to SORN it at 9pm on the last day of the month?
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Vehicle Tax

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 pm

Smartbear wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 am I would recommend moving to Cornwall. But as I enjoy the quite roads around here to myself, I will suggest Scotland instead. :wink: :driving: :thumbsup:
It’s terribly congested with traffic & potholes in Somerset as well, definitely not worth moving down here, oh no :P
Rob
buzyg wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 am I would recommend moving to Cornwall. But as I enjoy the quite roads around here to myself, I will suggest Scotland instead. :wink: :driving: :thumbsup:
It’s terribly congested with traffic & potholes in Somerset as well, definitely not worth moving down here, oh no :P
Rob
So you are enjoying the North then. :P

We have a lovely old map of the SW in the office. The world stops at Bristol. :wink:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Vehicle Tax

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 pm
Rob
Rob

We have a lovely old map of the SW in the office. The world stops at Bristol. :wink:
Loving it down in South Somerset Buzy, combined with stopping work I’m having a ball :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Vehicle Tax

Post by ronk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 pm

If they add the VED to fuel they will no doubt do it to the base price /lt then add the fuel tax then add the 20% VAT
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

srhutch

Vehicle Tax

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Number5 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm What annoys me about the new system is that I've just been online to tax the Z4 from tomorrow (1st February), but I cant. Even today still it only allows me to back tax it from 01 January, which basically means I'll probably drive it to work tomorrow untaxed and then tax it when I get to my desk. - (invalidating my insurance I suspect)

Why don't they add an "Effective from" option, which would also mean that you don't have to try and remember to SORN it at 9pm on the last day of the month?
You used to be able to tax from the 1st up to 2 days before. If this is the new one though that might be why.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Vehicle Tax

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 pm

Smartbear wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 pm
buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 pm
Smartbear wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm It’s terribly congested with traffic & potholes in Somerset as well, definitely not worth moving down here, oh no :P
Rob
Smartbear wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm It’s terribly congested with traffic & potholes in Somerset as well, definitely not worth moving down here, oh no :P
Rob

Loving it down in South Somerset Buzy, combined with stopping work I’m having a ball :P
Rob
:o A haa the retired and loving it card. That's cheating no way I can trump that. :thumbsup: I am officialy sat on me little settee sulking now. :cry: How far is it to the bridge, is that my only way out.

Hang on a minute.... What's this sitting in the garage. :driving: Saved by the ///M :D :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Vehicle Tax

Post by TitanTim » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am

What annoys me the most is you get no paper tax disk, at least you felt the money was paying for something.

Tim.