Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance company recommendations

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
synthedup

Post by synthedup » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:37 am

Hi all,

Who would people recommend to contact for an insurance quote?

i am 31, 7 years in the z4 and 7 years no claims.

I am with Adrian Flux currently and have had the following quotes:

Adrian flux renewal - £506
Adrian flux after a call - £406
Chris Knott - £412
Sky Insurance - £360

Simon :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am

Sky at £360 isnt crazy money for fully comp if unlimited miles & no stipulations to garage overnight :? & not a ridiculous excess
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am Sky at £360 isnt crazy money for fully comp if unlimited miles & no stipulations to garage overnight :? & not a ridiculous excess
Excess is £250.

Are you saying that's a good deal? :oops:

Adrian Flux did say they would beat any other quote is if i call back. Part of me doesn't want to give them the change though after such a crap renewal quote.

PS, did you ever get the spacers?

IRD

Post by IRD » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:31 pm

I have been using NFU for several years. They are not the cheapest but usually finish in first place for quality of service in the AutoExpress annual survey. They have local offices so you can pop in and speak to someone face to face. :D

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm

try quote me happy.
beat my quotes 2yrs ago and premium went down this year, which was refreshing as most try to bump it up.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Just put your details into a search engine like 'Go Compare'
You can set your excess etc and it will give you an idea of how good those previous quotes are.

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm Just put your details into a search engine like 'Go Compare'
You can set your excess etc and it will give you an idea of how good those previous quotes are.
I always go on the comparison sites to get a ballpark figure.Then check out reviews for companies that come out cheapest.When I was last looking the AA were the cheapest but had awfull reviews.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Aviva - not the cheapest for everyone but good for me. Just had my second windscreen in four months and again they agreed gen BMW screen and seal/gasket without any hassle (automated response to autoglass I think). Worth the money for me I know they pay out!

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:55 pm

maxman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 pm
Dav the wheel nut wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm Just put your details into a search engine like 'Go Compare'
I always go on the comparison sites to get a ballpark figure.Then check out reviews for companies that come out cheapest.When I was last looking the AA were the cheapest but had awfull reviews.
I've got 3 cars insured with the AA and no complaints whatsoever from me. They provided a like for like car last summer when I had my front bumper repaired (not my fault...it was the Nuns !) and a brand new Merc SLC300 with 60 miles on it turned up on the drive :D
20180714_122422_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20180714_122422_Richtone(HDR).jpg (231.81 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Had my Zed repaired at the bodyshop of my choice also. I've just renewed the Zed and after a quick phone call got it £40 cheaper than last year at £350 fully comp including the Mrs as named driver, not garaged, unlimited mileage and £100 excess :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 pm

patriot66 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:55 pm
I've got 3 cars insured with the AA and no complaints whatsoever from me. They provided a like for like car last summer when I had my front bumper repaired (not my fault...it was the Nuns !) and a brand new Merc SLC300 with 60 miles on it turned up on the drive :D 20180714_122422_Richtone(HDR).jpgHad my Zed repaired at the bodyshop of my choice also. I've just renewed the Zed and after a quick phone call got it £40 cheaper than last year at £350 fully comp including the Mrs as named driver, not garaged, unlimited mileage and £100 excess :thumbsup:
If I remember correctly my quote was £170 ,limited to 5k miles low excess,wife as a named driver.Price was good but the reviews put me off.
In your case they did alright by you ,but their not going argue with the pope. :D
Just checked their reviews and their as bad as ever. :(

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 pm

maxman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 pm
patriot66 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I've got 3 cars insured with the AA and no complaints whatsoever from me. They provided a like for like car last summer when I had my front bumper repaired (not my fault...it was the Nuns !) and a brand new Merc SLC300 with 60 miles on it turned up on the drive :D 20180714_122422_Richtone(HDR).jpgHad my Zed repaired at the bodyshop of my choice also. I've just renewed the Zed and after a quick phone call got it £40 cheaper than last year at £350 fully comp including the Mrs as named driver, not garaged, unlimited mileage and £100 excess :thumbsup:
If I remember correctly my quote was £170 ,limited to 5k miles low excess,wife as a named driver.Price was good but the reviews put me off.
In your case they did alright by you ,but their not going argue with the pope. :D
Just checked their reviews and their as bad as ever. :(
The Pope was insured with Allianz the same as us, AA are just the brokers. I suppose this helped things a bit. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:09 pm

It's sad that Insurance companies don't seem respect to value any brand loyalty / laziness to search at renewal time.
Comparison web sites are the way to go - then hit the current provider with the numbers. :thumbsup:

I try to give our site sponsor a try most years but they've not been able to win my business yet even though I tick all the plus/good risk boxes.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 pm

I always get a stupid price every renewal. :headbang:

So I always get on a comparison site and use whoever is most competitive - and it's usually someone different each year!

But that's not so easy with my current Z4 as it has a custom exhaust and most of them don't like modifications - so it's on it's 3rd year with Chris Knott.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Its approaching renewal time for me - off I go on the Merry go Round again!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

greg81

Post by greg81 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Insurance companies are like overly expensive wine.. you get a quote from all and pick the second cheapest