Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wedding Wine - Any advice on our situation.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:52 pm

There’s some excellent suggestions here, with negotiation being at the top of the pile.

I’d suggest trying to find the big top boss of the boss & have the Mr.tourette conversation, starting politely, complementing what has been done well, explaining what you’re finding a challenge & asking what they suggest could be further options.

People at the very top have a different agenda to middle managers, suggest making an ally there will go a long way to smoothing the road ahead.

Good luck
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Guys, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone one here. We have progress, we can pay the corkage and bring our own wine, which they will not take away and I believe they are willing to consider getting in a wine that we like (to be confirmed at a meeting in a couple of weeks). So finger crossed it all works out ok, but thanks for the support. :thumbsup:
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

Jakg

Post by Jakg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Bit late but the venue sounds like they are being very obtuse.

For my wedding, the event contact was also a self-employed wedding planner - but she was not our wedding planner, nor were her services being paid for.

Several times she would think up "rules" which were really just what she thought best quite some time after it would be sensible to bring it up.

I learnt a special way of dealing with her - if you don't agree, push back hard very quickly OR just plain ignore them on the day if you can.