Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bowers & Wilkins PX Headphones

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
skelters

Post by skelters » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Spent the last month converting hundreds of CD's to FLAC and sorting out around 5TB of "Field Recordings" from various musicians. These recordings are ROIO (Recording of Indeterminate / Independent Origin) and are usually known as Bootlegs!

Have had good value for money and great sound with the Bowers & Wilkins 685's and also have a pair of C5 in-ear earphones on the iPod that have been used while travelling and in the gym.

Ordered and received a pair of B & W PX Headphones today. Connect to anything via Bluetooth and after some initial frustrations, distorted sound and having to actually read the manual to turn them on they are now connected to the Network Player via a TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter/Receiver. They also have Noise Cancelling and it seems to work but not something I'll really use.

Excellent sound quality, comfortable to wear and should get better after they've been broken in.

Would recommend them.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am

I'd love to go wireless and nearly bought the sony 1000mx3's.
However, as I mostly listen to hi-res 24bit flac and 32bit DSD files streaming via the bluetooth apt-x codec would just be too much of an SQ compromise.

If one of the big manufacturers decides to build a wireless headphone with a built-in 32bit DAC amp then I would drop some coin, but for now I'll stay 'tethered' :roll:
The Lcd2's are sounding mighty musical via the Audio-GD and balanced cable. :thumbsup:
IMG_20181229_112359_HHT.jpg
IMG_20181229_112359_HHT.jpg (111.36 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Any good bootlegs in ur collection there?
Have some vintage PF sounboard bootlegs for trade if u want...?
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

skelters

Post by skelters » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Had a quick blast of Dark Side of The Moon Box Set last night. Very impressed as it's not a band I've ever listened to very much.

Lots of Dylan, Tom Petty, modern and early Bluegrass recordings, Steve Earle and many more.

Recent "Field Recordings" have included the likes of Blackberry Smoke, the magnificent Anna Calvi, Graham Parker and Joan Baez.

There's an awful lot on storage at the moment and another 1000 DVD's with around 4 or 5 concerts on each.

Trade? That takes me back! It's upload to Onedrive and download the files these days!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:18 pm

skelters wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm Trade? That takes me back! It's upload to Onedrive and download the files these days!
I'm not suggesting swapping compact cassettes out of the boot of the car in a remote carpark. :lol:
torrents, peer-to-peer network, ru-tracker, etc. I source and swap my needledrops and bootlegs from there usually :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

skelters

Post by skelters » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:21 pm

I get mine from Dimeadozen and The Traders Den.