Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Old Firm

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Hunter

The Old Firm

Post by Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Rangers V Celtic at Ibrox on 29/12/18, is the first one in a while were Rangers have a decent chance of a victory. Il be there with my Union Flag, but was wondering if any of you football minded lot give Rangers a chance?
E89 S Drive 35iS

Phoenixboy

The Old Firm

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 pm

I certainly would not be there waving a union jack :roll:
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Hunter

The Old Firm

Post by Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 pm I certainly would not be there waving a union jack :roll:
Im British..so its the only club for me :)
E89 S Drive 35iS

Lance

The Old Firm

Post by Lance » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm a Celtic supporter and have followed them for as long as I can remember, I'm 56 now.

I'm not as confident going into this game as I have been in recent years, I really wouldn't want to make a prediction.

I've been to Celtic Park a few times, but never to an old firm game. It's on the list though :thumbsup:

Hunter

The Old Firm

Post by Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Ive never understood anyone in England that supports Celtic, back in the days of the troubles, the collection tin would be passed around Celtic park collecting for the IRA who were bombing in England, they boo through the silence on remembrance day and display anti poppy banners and really do have a recent history that isnt the best in regards to safeguarding of children with 3 recent prosecutions of staff linked to the Celtic boys club. The fans hate anything British (in general, i know its not all fans) and recently the club had to write to their own fans, reminding them to wash as they had received complaints regarding personal hygiene from certain members of their support. I get that they have fans from certain areas of Northern Ireland, the Republic and Scotland..but i just dont understand support from England???
E89 S Drive 35iS

Lance

The Old Firm

Post by Lance » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm

I can remember the 1970 European Cup final and being a fan back then, I would have been 8 years old and unlikely influenced by the hate and political views of the hardened old firm views.

I'm not interested in the toxic stuff that some of both camps spew at times. I enjoy the football and the competitive nature of the old firm games, that's it.

I'm quite fortunate that I'm not poisoned by hate and the one sided bias that it brings.

As to why I support Celtic, I really don't know, perhaps it was to do with something I was picking up from my dad, who was Irish, however he was a Leicester City fan all his life.

Hunter

The Old Firm

Post by Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Lance wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm I can remember the 1970 European Cup final and being a fan back then, I would have been 8 years old and unlikely influenced by the hate and political views of the hardened old firm views.

I'm not interested in the toxic stuff that some of both camps spew at times. I enjoy the football and the competitive nature of the old firm games, that's it.

I'm quite fortunate that I'm not poisoned by hate and the one sided bias that it brings.

As to why I support Celtic, I really don't know, perhaps it was to do with something I was picking up from my dad, who was Irish, however he was a Leicester City fan all his life.
I wonder if it would be the same if a team in the EPL had a fan base that openly supported ISIS, and displayed anti British banners etc. It just seems to be a case of...Its up there and so it doesn't bother us.
E89 S Drive 35iS

Lance

The Old Firm

Post by Lance » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm

I like to believe that most people are decent and good, whilst also being aware that on the edges of many parts of our society are the extremists, which thankfully make up the miniority. This I apply to both sides of the old firm, I have no hatred or spite towards Rangers fans, most are just the average person going about their lives, this I believe to be true of Celtic fans too.

Extremism does bother me, however I do not support it.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

The Old Firm

Post by ben g » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 pm I certainly would not be there waving a union jack :roll:
Because they're all absolute moronic neanderthal fans up that way?

Yea. Definitely.

Bunch of complete idiots.

I'm up there visiting the missus' family so will no doubt be around Glasgow way whilst this crap is happening. Not looking forward to it :headbang:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

The Old Firm

Post by DPG » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Never liked Celtic so would love Rangers to stuff them.

Hunter

The Old Firm

Post by Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm

ben g wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Yea. Definitely.

I'm up there visiting the missus' family so will no doubt be around Glasgow way whilst this crap is happening. Not looking forward to it :headbang:
Way to go in alienating anyone that is north of the border or slightly patriotic....
E89 S Drive 35iS

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

The Old Firm

Post by ben g » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Hunter wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm
ben g wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Yea. Definitely.

Way to go in alienating anyone that is north of the border or slightly patriotic....
My fiancée is Glaswegian :thumbsup: and I visit Scotland a few times a year. It's a great place.

I've simply never understand the utter hatred 2 sets of football fans could have for eachother. I support West Ham, but I don't actually want to go and stab Millwall fans.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

greg81

The Old Firm

Post by greg81 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm

ben g wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Hunter wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm
ben g wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm Because they're all absolute moronic neanderthal fans up that way?

Yea. Definitely.

My fiancée is Glaswegian :thumbsup: and I visit Scotland a few times a year. It's a great place.

I've simply never understand the utter hatred 2 sets of football fans could have for eachother. I support West Ham, but I don't actually want to go and stab Millwall fans.
Furry boots in Glasgow?

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

The Old Firm

Post by ben g » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:59 pm

greg81 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm Furry boots in Glasgow?
I don't know what that means :lol: I had a quick google and apparently it's something to do with people from Aberdeen?

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The Old Firm

Post by Nictrix » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:01 pm

I have never understood what the union jack has got to do with Rangers.
I also dont understand the fascination Rangers fans have with the queen either.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)