Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you change your vote ?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am

Ewazix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am
MrPT wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:28 am I’m up for a referendum. A lot of brexiteers will have died of natural causes since the last one.

(^ a joke)
sadly your right - its only the old 'uns that remember what life was like before we entered - control of our own borders - fishing in our own waters without the spanish and french stealing the fish ? our own courts of justice ? who knew eh ..
the very idea of some 17yr old numpty who wears his trousers round his ankles and never puts his phone down selecting my future is too horrible to consider..

Serious point actually, even if nobody changed their vote my guess is that a new vote now would probably be to remain because of demographic changes. In the last two years 1.2 million people have died and 2 million youngsters can now vote. If the original Common Market referendum wasn't binding forever, was the 2016 vote?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Fishing is often cited as a reason for leaving the EU but in reality its a very small part of our economy (less than 0.5%). In addition to that we currently have a trade surplus with the EU - if we played hardball and said you can't fish in our waters its highly likely they would retaliate with higher tariffs which would damage that trade. The Spanish and French don't steal our fish - all they do is work to agreed quotas just as we do in their waters - for example a lot of our fleet fish in Norweigan waters. Quotas are beneficial because they can prevent over fishing - fish don't respect international boundaries so leaving a quota based system could lead to precisely that. Would we also need to spend money patrolling our waters?
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

No
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:07 pm

road warrior wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am
Ewazix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am
MrPT wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:28 am I’m up for a referendum. A lot of brexiteers will have died of natural causes since the last one.

(^ a joke)
Serious point actually, even if nobody changed their vote my guess is that a new vote now would probably be to remain because of demographic changes. In the last two years 1.2 million people have died and 2 million youngsters can now vote. If the original Common Market referendum wasn't binding forever, was the 2016 vote?
sadly your right - its only the old 'uns that remember what life was like before we entered - control of our own borders - fishing in our own waters without the spanish and french stealing the fish ? our own courts of justice ? who knew eh ..
the very idea of some 17yr old numpty who wears his trousers round his ankles and never puts his phone down selecting my future is too horrible to consider..
Sorted your quotes out for you, don't want people thinking I'm the "old un" :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 pm

oh s**t here we go... this is gonna make more waves that 100 windows vs lemon posts.. ..

i think im gonna bow out of this one, i have strong feelings on this and its gonna get very bumpy in here
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

KevZ4

Post by KevZ4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

NO Second vote its not constitutional , We had a vote, UK voted to leave, not one part of the UK voted this London voted that, Scotland this lol UK voted Leave
it was meant to be 1 in a life time vote, dose this mean every time we now have an election and some do not like the vote we moan until we get a second vote lol, how far do we go with this, :headbang: :headbang:
3.0i, M-Sport Suspension (FF),Colour Merlot, Beige Interior/ also avid Pc Gamer, love Live Music, got Multi Track Air con Rehearsal Studio......

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 pm

As a remainer, I’d now change my vote to a HARD BREXIT.

May’s deal:is far worse economically & politically than we have now.

Any new referendum majority vote which showed we wanted to remain:
- Brussels would insist we loose sterling
- Brussels would insist we lost our special Maggie Vito
- Brussels would demand greater commitment, everywhere

Alternatively, let’s cause even more chaos by dividing up the U.K. into two new states - one for those who want to remain, those who want to leave... & build a Trump wall while we’re at it :poke: (that was a joke)
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:04 am

Jembo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 pm As a remainer, I’d now change my vote to a HARD BREXIT.

Alternatively, let’s cause even more chaos by dividing up the U.K. into two new states - one for those who want to remain, those who want to leave... & build a Trump wall while we’re at it :poke: (that was a joke)
I can sympathise with your frustration but its simply not true to assert that Brussels could insist on any of those things. The ECJ ruling today confirmed that we can simply revoke Article 50 and carry on as before. They have always wanted us to remain and would, I think, welcome us with open arms. They are our allies and friends. A hard Brexit would be a disaster for us all in the opinion of most experts. The Eton Boys will try to tell you otherwise of course but they are multi millionaires and have nothing to lose.
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 am

Vornwend wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:04 am
Jembo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 pm As a remainer, I’d now change my vote to a HARD BREXIT.

I can sympathise with your frustration but its simply not true to assert that Brussels could insist on any of those things. The ECJ ruling today confirmed that we can simply revoke Article 50 and carry on as before. They have always wanted us to remain and would, I think, welcome us with open arms. They are our allies and friends. A hard Brexit would be a disaster for us all in the opinion of most experts. The Eton Boys will try to tell you otherwise of course but they are multi millionaires and have nothing to lose.
The choice between a rock & a hard place.

It’s a bit like a disgruntled employee who wants more, says is going to leave as believes the grass is greener on the other side... then finds there is ‘no grass’.

I trust if you’ve ever been involved in high stakes negotiation, you’ll know once your target has played their hand, has to retreat & then is stuck to 1 place, my experience is they end up loosing even more.

Whilst they are our good neighbours, they will want to send a message it can never happen again... & this is what worries me, as am sure they would also demand article 50 may never be invoked by the U.K. again.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am

I want out, I voted for it, and I'm old enough to remember when we were not in it. Back then we voted for a common market. Not a eurostate. We didn't vote to be controlled we voted to trade. We didn't vote for Brussels to overrule our courts. Or make our rules. To TRADE, that was all.
As for now, we have career politions who watch their backs without principle or backbone . May is outclassed and spineless, she is no Maggy, or Churchill, do you think for one second we would be here now if we had the caliber of those here?

obewan

Post by obewan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

road warrior wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am
I want out, I voted for it, and I'm old enough to remember when we were not in it. Back then we voted for a common market. Not a eurostate. We didn't vote to be controlled we voted to trade. We didn't vote for Brussels to overrule our courts. Or make our rules. To TRADE, that was all.
A Good point - and doesn't the EU do more trade with us that the other way round, why do they seem to be holding the aces?
I also think too many politicians are using this as a political football for their own gains rather than what is best for the people they are supposed to be representing
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:48 am

obewan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am
road warrior wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am
A Good point - and doesn't the EU do more trade with us that the other way round, why do they seem to be holding the aces?
I also think too many politicians are using this as a political football for their own gains rather than what is best for the people they are supposed to be representing
^^this^^ for me is where things swerved off course & turned into a side road that the majority of people didn’t want to go down.
We now need a leader with the will to reverse out of it :roll:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am

I want Reese mogg

Strummer63

Post by Strummer63 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 am

road warrior wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am I want Reese mogg
I agree.
I still want to leave.
2013 Z4 28i sDrive M Sport 

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:26 am

Dammit, I said I wouldn't get involved :headbang: